Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

So how does the 60mm (2.4) Macro fare as a portrait lens?

The 90mm is much more expensive and a tad on the long side. It just occurred to me that the 60mm could be an option.

So how does the 60mm (2.4) Macro fare as a portrait lens?
Should do very well, I ditched mine a long time ago - but the lens firmware has been much improved since.

I'd sugest also considering the Samyang 85/1.4, either native or with an adaptor.

Should do very well, I ditched mine a long time ago - but the lens firmware has been much improved since.

I'd sugest also considering the Samyang 85/1.4, either native or with an adaptor.
So could I use my (Nikon fit) Samyang 85/1.4 and Samyang 135mm f2 lenses on my X-Pro1 body using some kind of adapter? If so, I've never seen images from this suggested set up...

Probably easier going for the Fuji XF dedicated glass instead.

So could I use my (Nikon fit) Samyang 85/1.4 and Samyang 135mm f2 lenses on my X-Pro1 body using some kind of adapter? If so, I've never seen images from this suggested set up...

I use a Nikon mount Samyang 85/1.5 on my X-E2, three different adapters - regular, a short-sighted FLR, and a tilting adapter. One lenses, three adapters for lots of options - adapting can be so much more flexible than native mount.

I've got a Nikon mount Tamron 180mm macro that I use on the XT1. It works really well, I got some nice portraits out of it:
20160220212943_dscf6537.jpg

Oh that sounds complicated........why 3 different adapters? Im lost already....!

So what focal lengths would the 85mm + 135mm then turn into sensor wise does anyone know?

Three adapters, just because I felt like it. And in particular because a tilt adapter is a lot cheaper than a tilt lens..

Using a regular, inexpensive adapter the 85mm will be marginally shorter in field of view terms than the Fuji 90mm.

Oh that sounds complicated........why 3 different adapters? Im lost already....!

So what focal lengths would the 85mm + 135mm then turn into sensor wise does anyone know?
With the usual "it's the field of view not focal length" caveat- the Fujis have an aps-c 1.5 crop factor sensor. So the 85 is 130ish and the 135 is 200ish equivalent.

And as Alastair says, it will give the same field of view as the equivalent fuji focal length lenses - a fuji 100mm would be the same as a canon 100mm with adapter would be the same as a nikon 100mm would be the same as a pentax 100mm etc... I thought you meant 35mm focal length equivalence, not whether there was a fuji lens vesus nikon lens difference! Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
Just been playing with Silver Efex Pro2 - and a recent photo which I have converted to monochrome. This is the Wesleyan Chapel and Sunday School building (now a private dwelling) in the village of Branscombe in South Devon

Branscombe_zpsydi8iuht.jpg

XE-2 and 18-55 @18mm (1/80 @f4)

I used to walk the dog up this hill every morning whilst we stayed there - this is around 07.30 on a slightly frosty morning as the sun was coming up. The footpath leads to the South West Coast Path and it's a lovely part of the world.

I am just finding my feet with this software - there seems to be so much you can do. I thought it would only work as an add-on to Photoshop and that my PS version was too old but it works as a stand-alone as well - great value now it's free :)

Just been playing with Silver Efex Pro2 - and a recent photo which I have converted to monochrome. This is the Wesleyan Chapel and Sunday School building (now a private dwelling) in the village of Branscombe in South Devon

Branscombe_zpsydi8iuht.jpg

XE-2 and 18-55 @18mm (1/80 @f4)

I used to walk the dog up this hill every morning whilst we stayed there - this is around 07.30 on a slightly frosty morning as the sun was coming up. The footpath leads to the South West Coast Path and it's a lovely part of the world.

I am just finding my feet with this software - there seems to be so much you can do. I thought it would only work as an add-on to Photoshop and that my PS version was too old but it works as a stand-alone as well - great value now it's free :)

That's lovely! How much work in SEfexPro did it take to do?

Only about 15 mins - I'm sure I can do better when I fully understand what I'm doing
Nice work......15mins?

I'm sticking with sooc for now whilst I find my way around my newly acquired X-E1. Quite different to my old Pan G3.

I thought those lens caps looked cool.:)

Now I realise they don't reverse, WTF's that about? :thinking:

Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me what I should roughly be paying for a second hand E2, then an E2 plus 18-55mm lens?

I like the reviews and the camera.

Cheers

Andy

@Gandalf I've just bought a refurbished xe2 from the Fuji uk shop for £280 (they are £299 but if you use the paypal12 code you get a discount and you don't pay with PayPal). There were also xe2 plus 18-55 kits as well.

2nd hand would be cheaper obviously but there would be no warranty.

Last edited:
A decent used XF 18-55 appears to be about £200-240

Having said that I recently picked up a X-E1, XF 18-55 & XC 50-230 for £370 delivered...... Very pleased.

Last edited:
Peter, I doubt you'll be happy with the going rate for these lenses used so you might be better off getting an adaptor and giving them a try with the X-E2 when you track one down.

Seems I'll be joining the X-E2 club shortly, picking up one along with a XF27 next week. Just a few questions for all youse XE2 shooter's, does the XE2 body incorporate Wi-Fi and Classic Chrome?

Cheers;
Peter

Ok, my X-E2 and XF27mm arrived today :), I've carried out firmware updates on both body and lens via the Fuji official site, but seems I can't get the aperture to change on the XF27mm lens. Any ideas of were I'm going wrong guys n' gals..?

Cheers;
Pete

I thought the aperture ring on the XF27 lens moved the aperture from inside the camera body? As like the XF10-24mm aperture which rotates continually etc...

Help....

I thought the aperture ring on the XF27 lens moved the aperture from inside the camera body? As like the XF10-24mm aperture which rotates continually etc...

Help....
The XF-27 ha no aperture dial on the lens - that's the focus dial.

Back