Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Ah that's right, so how do I go about adjusting the aperture then? I've put the XF27mm lens onto my X-Pro1 body and the same thing is that I can't seem to adjust the aperture settings or make it go to 'A' aperture priority mode......strange.

Dial on the rear of the camera adjusts the aperture

In A mode unless you switch to manual or move the shutter speed dial from A

Last edited:
I thought the aperture ring on the XF27 lens moved the aperture from inside the camera body? As like the XF10-24mm aperture which rotates continually etc...

Help....
You turn the command dial on the rear of the body to change the aperture - put the aperture past f16 and it is in auto mode

BTW - I've got a mint EF 42 flash for sale in the classifieds.

Has anyone else found that their X-E2 shutter button has become a little soft? - there doesn't seem to be much give in the half-press anymore on mine.

Peter, that's pretty amazing for a lightweight pancake lens - perhaps I should use mine more
Thank you Andrew. I've only just picked up a XF27mm lens, never shot one before, I like it, the 41mm semi-wide angle focal length is nice and the actual compact size is brilliant for stealth captures. Versatile bit of glass.

Cheers;
Peter

Lovely images Pete, you've made that 27mm sing, I couldn't ever get mine to look that good [emoji17]

Well back in the xe2 club as I traded my xt1 for an xt2 which is on back order and non one seems to know when stock will arrive.

Managed to pick up the XE2 and 18-55 from the Fuji refurb store and currently charging.

Well back in the xe2 club as I traded my xt1 for an xt2 which is on back order and non one seems to know when stock will arrive.

Use mine all the time and the X-T1 sits idly by waiting for a trip out, seems senseless therefore to get a T2, but different matter if there is ever an E3.

Hope you enjoy both of your new purchases, latest firmware has made the E2 seem like a new camera

Use mine all the time and the X-T1 sits idly by waiting for a trip out, seems senseless therefore to get a T2, but different matter if there is ever an E3.

Hope you enjoy both of your new purchases, latest firmware has made the E2 seem like a new camera
I've had bone before before I sold it for an x100s but its a different camera now like you say with the firmware update. Although Fuji haven't updated the camera or lens, so once the battery has charged that's the first thing on my list!!

its a different camera now like you say with the firmware update. Although Fuji haven't updated the camera or lens, so once the battery has charged that's the first thing on my list!!

If you need a manual the XT-10 one is identical apart from the auto setting which appears on the later X-E2S. I tried out the new AF modes last Sunday and they worked a treat tracking a boat on the Thames

I'm fairly tempted by an x-e2, despite owning an x-t10.
Am I crazy? I just prefer the rangefinder form factor.
I won't be upgrading for the forseeable (as in, never, unless I win the lottery or get a major promotion), so no point hanging out for an x-e3 or xpro2...
Is it for all intents and purposes an x-t10 in rangefinder form?

As a new comer to the X-E2, what's the difference with the X-E2S ?

Very little difference see here https://fuji-x-secrets.net/2016/02/17/x-e2-vs-x-e2s-ending-the-confusion/

I'm fairly tempted by an x-e2, despite owning an x-t10.
Am I crazy? I just prefer the rangefinder form factor.
I won't be upgrading for the forseeable (as in, never, unless I win the lottery or get a major promotion), so no point hanging out for an x-e3 or xpro2...
Is it for all intents and purposes an x-t10 in rangefinder form?

Very little difference see here https://fuji-x-secrets.net/2016/02/17/x-e2-vs-x-e2s-ending-the-confusion/

Last edited:

Managed to pick up the XE2 and 18-55 from the Fuji refurb store and currently charging.
I'm in a similar boat - the XT1 went in yesterday to take advantage of the trade in discount on the XT2. Will be an anxious wait for them to arrive! In the meantime I used some credit I had to get an XE1 to keep the fuji lenses ticking over! It's definitely less refined than the XT1 and X100TY but a nice camera all the same - reminds me of the original X100 in a lot of ways.

Currently away at the most Westerly point of Scotland on a short holiday, internet is just available but s.l.o.w. Staying at the most beautiful location of Acharacle, close to Ardnamurchan point.

Here's the view from our caravan;

Arivegaig Bay, Acharacle. by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr

XF10-24/4

Yep, nice view. It's a beautiful place.

*most westerly point on mainland Scotland surely!

I'm an x-e2 owner and have been thinking I should get a thumb grip for it, as my thumb does tend to knock against the rear command dial. Does anyone know if there is a model specific thumb grip for the x-e2 in the uk market? I know of a brand called lensmate, but can't seem to find a UK seller. There are also generic thumb grips on eBay, but I'm not convinced by a generic thumb grip that isn't specific to the x-e2. Or do they work just as well and save a heap of money compared to lensmate's x-e2 specific model?

I'm an x-e2 owner and have been thinking I should get a thumb grip for it, as my thumb does tend to knock against the rear command dial. Does anyone know if there is a model specific thumb grip for the x-e2 in the uk market? I know of a brand called lensmate, but can't seem to find a UK seller. There are also generic thumb grips on eBay, but I'm not convinced by a generic thumb grip that isn't specific to the x-e2. Or do they work just as well and save a heap of money compared to lensmate's x-e2 specific model?

I bought mine from China and it's excellent. They do it in black as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thumb-Up-...436663?hash=item19ee043977:g:HTUAAOSwPhdVUCQo

Back