Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

I'm an x-e2 owner and have been thinking I should get a thumb grip for it, as my thumb does tend to knock against the rear command dial. Does anyone know if there is a model specific thumb grip for the x-e2 in the uk market? I know of a brand called lensmate, but can't seem to find a UK seller. There are also generic thumb grips on eBay, but I'm not convinced by a generic thumb grip that isn't specific to the x-e2. Or do they work just as well and save a heap of money compared to lensmate's x-e2 specific model?

I have a generic one that you are welcome to, pm me your details and I'll drop it in the post.It looks identical to the one mentioned above. I was kindly given the Lensmate version, yes it is a bit better or at least for me, but why not give the copy a go and see what you think.

Some people say they work better in conjunction with a soft shutter button, probably agree, but then you have to decide on concave,convex or flat.

Last edited:
Your really loving the xpro1 aren't you! Some lovely images and proof that keeping mine and using it when I want to slow down and take the world in was and still is the right decision.
Andrew;

The X-Pro1 is a very capable camera, very underrated. I love what it produces!

Keep them coming, I was up on Skye in May this year on a motorbike tour, loved it and the weather was sunny and warm [emoji3] must get back again next year.

I've left my XT1 with the in-laws in Italy so I took my XE-1 out for the first time in ages. A couple from the Thames

1. Several shot pano from under Blackfriar's Bridge
1609_Cube_027-Pano-Edit by Ian, on Flickr

2. An art installation outside the Tate Modern called Floating Dreams. You can see the unlit cube floating in the shot above. It looks more impressive by night.
1609_Cube_116-Edit by Ian, on Flickr

Keep them coming, I was up on Skye in May this year on a motorbike tour, loved it and the weather was sunny and warm [emoji3] must get back again next year.
Thanks Rob, I've been to Skye on numerous occasions on 2 wheels myself, such a fabulous location with amazing roads and photographic views. Which bike are you riding yourself? Me, I've a (2008) Suzuki V-Strom DL1000.

:)

I've left my XT1 with the in-laws in Italy so I took my XE-1 out for the first time in ages. A couple from the Thames

2. An art installation outside the Tate Modern called Floating Dreams. You can see the unlit cube floating in the shot above. It looks more impressive by night.
wOw superb set of images Ian, love the way the bridge frames the shot.......clever. Which lens did you use for these?

Regards;
Pete

Thanks Pete. I think both shots were the 35/1.4. I had a Samyang 12mm with me and tried the first bridge shot with that too but it wasn't quite wide enough. A mate from work pointed me to the spot as he had seen a whole bunch of photographers lined up there one evening and figured there must be something worth taking there. Later in the evening he said the underside of the bridge is lit up with purple light but I wanted to take the cube shots that evening as that is only here for a few days. So I'll revisit Blackfriar's again another evening.

Thanks Rob, I've been to Skye on numerous occasions on 2 wheels myself, such a fabulous location with amazing roads and photographic views. Which bike are you riding yourself? Me, I've a (2008) Suzuki V-Strom DL1000.

I've got a Moto Guzzi Norge 1200. Bit of a beast but great to ride[emoji3]

Cracking images Peter, esp love the last boat image [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Both lovely photos, my favourite place at night [emoji3]

I've purchased a step up ring in order to use a 52mm filter on my XF 27mm. Since doing so, occasionally the camera will struggle to focus and will encourage me to switch the camera off and on again. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with using filters on this lens? I've not noticed this prior to using a filter and figured it must have something to do with the way the lens hunts for focus and having a filter on the front makes the motion harder?

Yes I agree Justin, the XF10-24mm f/4 lens ain't that cheap, such a versatile lens tho.

I owned one last year and stupidly sold it, this time I'm keeping this one for sure..!!

Back