Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

You made it sound more like it was MIA or they just hadn't sent it, maybe get lucky and its here for Christmas.

Always a good idea to ring and ask about stock levels, websites are often inaccurate and especially when other retailer are showing none for sale.

Yes, they don't have any answers from Fuji, so they can't tell me anything... apparently Fuji don't know when they are coming into the county, so ffords don't either... I've emailed again this morning. Not really ffords fault as such, but I would have definitely ordered from somewhere else knowing this, also, I have to keep with the order as it's the double discount...

Jordan
The receipt needs order date not shipment date too otherwise no double discount so make sure ffords receipts are printed that way otherwise you may as well cancel

You made it sound more like it was MIA or they just hadn't sent it, maybe get lucky and its here for Christmas.

Always a good idea to ring and ask about stock levels, websites are often inaccurate and especially when other retailer are showing none for sale.
Oh no sorry, i was just annoyed the fact that my new toy hadn't arrived.... I've been reading about this camera and others for months, checking sites, i just presumed that it was in stock....
It was about 10pm that evening when i finally ordered so the shop wasn't open to call...

The receipt needs order date not shipment date too otherwise no double discount so make sure ffords receipts are printed that way otherwise you may as well cancel

Yeah, they said that i'll get the double discount if i dont cancel the order, I'm just wondering if there is a way to pick it up as cheap another way... jessops are showing stock for the body now, but i ordered the 18-55 kit lens with it...

The total price was £715 but i get double discount so taking £160 off it should be £555

I'm not sure what that lens is worth alone.

Oh no sorry, i was just annoyed the fact that my new toy hadn't arrived.... I've been reading about this camera and others for months, checking sites, i just presumed that it was in stock....
It was about 10pm that evening when i finally ordered so the shop wasn't open to call...

Very frustrating, happened to me when a shop showed an item in stock, but it wasn't. Shame it was too late to give them a call, hope it turns up soon and you get your double cashback.

Very frustrating, happened to me when a shop showed an item in stock, but it wasn't. Shame it was too late to give them a call, hope it turns up soon and you get your double cashback.

They have just emailed and said that fuji haven't even shipped anything back to the UK yet, so it possibly won't even be till january.... Gutted!

So with that being said, is the 18-55mm lens worth waiting for, I've paid £715 for the whole kit upto press, but they will issue me a full refund... Jessops have the body available for £290 so would leave me £425 spare for a lens... I've already got a 35mm prime sat here...

They have just emailed and said that fuji haven't even shipped anything back to the UK yet, so it possibly won't even be till january.... Gutted!

So with that being said, is the 18-55mm lens worth waiting for, I've paid £715 for the whole kit upto press, but they will issue me a full refund... Jessops have the body available for £290 so would leave me £425 spare for a lens... I've already got a 35mm prime sat here...

It is a nice lens, but you could pick up a s/hand or refurb one for the £425 you have left over. I bought the XT-10 as a kit with the XC16-50 mkii, camera has gone, but still got the lens and to be honest its pretty good, just another option to maybe consider.

The lens is £299 on the refub store:
http://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/fujinon-xf18-55mmf2-8-4-r-lm-ois-refurbished.html
There's no stock just at the moment. Don't bother with the "notify me when in stock" button. I've done that and got a notification 1 year later. After I'd bought the item from the refurb store 9 months earlier!

There's no stock just at the moment. Don't bother with the "notify me when in stock" button. I've done that and got a notification 1 year later. After I'd bought the item from the refurb store 9 months earlier!

Thanks for that, I've been searching the wrong lens, it must have been the Water Resistant one that is around £600 then.

Do they deliver the next day too?

Also, they have the xT10 in stock, can you claim the #80 cash back from the refurbished stuff? as it makes it the same price as a new one currently.

jordan

Ive just ordered the camera body from jessops! Time to find a lens!

How long does it generally take for things to show in stock (i know this could be how long is a piece of string question)

Jordan

Just had a look, they are £369 which is the price after cashback, you have to pay £449 and they don't have stock either.

This site is good for price check and availability http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Fujifilm/Fujifilm-X-System-Cameras/Fujifilm-X-T10-Camera-Body

Thanks for that, I've been searching the wrong lens, it must have been the Water Resistant one that is around £600 then.

Do they deliver the next day too?

Also, they have the xT10 in stock, can you claim the #80 cash back from the refurbished stuff? as it makes it the same price as a new one currently.

jordan
Not sure about next day delivery, but stuff from the Fuji online store is generally pretty speedy in any case.

No cashback on refurbs!

As for when they get stock in, it used to be either a Tuesday or a Thursday, but for the last few years it could be any time - just bookmark the lens page you want and visit once or twice a day depending on how popular the item is (I've never been in the market for the 18-55, so don't know how quickly they go)

Not sure about next day delivery, but stuff from the Fuji online store is generally pretty speedy in any case.

No cashback on refurbs!

As for when they get stock in, it used to be either a Tuesday or a Thursday, but for the last few years it could be any time - just bookmark the lens page you want and visit once or twice a day depending on how popular the item is (I've never been in the market for the 18-55, so don't know how quickly they go)

I've ordered a few bits off the refurb store and always receive it next day providing the order went through before 2pm

I returned to the Fuji fold in October. I noticed John Lewis had the X-E2 and 18-55 kit on clearance so went to the local store to pick one up. The only one they had left was the one on the shelf so I got a further discount - £409 with a full 2 year warranty!

I wanted the camera for a dream trip to Canyonlands and Monument Valley and it was perfect. Great image quality and nice and light. I had forgotten how fantastic the JPEG's are. This was shot in panoramic mode. We were on our last day and had a guided tour around Monument Valley. The light was very uninspiring and we were just about to pack up when this happened!

_DSF1043 by Dave Proctor, on Flickr

I returned to the Fuji fold in October. I noticed John Lewis had the X-E2 and 18-55 kit on clearance so went to the local store to pick one up. The only one they had left was the one on the shelf so I got a further discount - £409 with a full 2 year warranty!

I wanted the camera for a dream trip to Canyonlands and Monument Valley and it was perfect. Great image quality and nice and light. I had forgotten how fantastic the JPEG's are. This was shot in panoramic mode. We were on our last day and had a guided tour around Monument Valley. The light was very uninspiring and we were just about to pack up when this happened!

That is really nice Dave, bit different too from the usual photos.
Hoping to get there myself one day, would you recommend a tour (I believe you have to be accompanied by a native indian to go round) if you have any others would like to see them please especially Island In The Sky

That is really nice Dave, bit different too from the usual photos.
Hoping to get there myself one day, would you recommend a tour (I believe you have to be accompanied by a native indian to go round) if you have any others would like to see them please especially Island In The Sky

I went with a friend who has been a few times and he recommended we do the tour. It wasn't cheap and I probably wouldn't have booked one without his recommendation - that would have been a BIG mistake!

We booked a morning and afternoon tour and got sunrise and sunset. The costs was $250 each for the day but it was well worth the cost. The guides take you to places you can't access on your own (you only get to see a tiny part of the area on the public tracks) and they know all the best photo spots. Make sure you pre-book with an official firm, there are some guys there who offer to take you round for cash but you may well end up getting ripped off from the tales i was told by some people who used them. We booked through Phillps' Photography Tours and did the Sunrise Tour together with Mystery Valley Sunset tour. They were superb and my friend always uses them. Don't expect luxury transport but you will have an amazing experience :)

If you want somewhere different to stay the I really recommend the View Hotel - they have some amazing lodges. This was the view from our lodge:

15037351_10154813208536953_2827684760863451784_n by Dave Proctor, on Flickr

Last edited:
I went with a friend who has been a few times and he recommended we do the tour. It wasn't cheap and I probably wouldn't have booked one without his recommendation - that would have been a BIG mistake!

We booked a morning and afternoon tour and got sunrise and sunset. The costs was $250 each for the day but it was well worth the cost. The guides take you to places you can't access on your own (you only get to see a tiny part of the area on the public tracks) and they know all the best photo spots. Make sure you pre-book with an official firm, there are some guys there who offer to take you round for cash but you may well end up getting ripped off from the tales i was told by some people who used them. We booked through Phillps' Photography Tours and did the Sunrise Tour together with Mystery Valley Sunset tour. They were superb and my friend always uses them. Don't expect luxury transport but you will have an amazing experience :)

If you want somewhere different to stay the I really recommend the View Hotel - they have some amazing lodges. This was the view from our lodge:

That's some view

Thanks very much for that information Dave, has made me even more determined to sort a trip out. Got in my mind to visit Canyonlands too and if time permits the Grand Canyon.

Canyonlands is stunning. There are some incredible overlooks if you have a good head for heights :)

Bought a book which is a guide to photographing the national parks of the SW. Thinking about doing one of the overnight camping trips and also hiking to one or two other spots.
Really fancy some night sky photos too, don't mind roughing it and will go well prepared especially with water, clothing and supplies.

He may represent a Victorian worker. But is not easy to work out that he is some sort of leather worker. As you can hardly see his tools of the trade or what he is doing.
He may represent a Victorian worker. But is not easy to work out that he is some sort of leather worker. As you can hardly see his tools of the trade or what he is doing.

Yes he does work with leather he really is a lovely guy.
Had a chat with him about the possibility of him making me a couple of camera straps fingers crossed.
Thanks for looking and taking time to comment. (y)

Had a chat with him about the possibility of him making me a couple of camera straps fingers crossed.
Simple leatherwork is quite straightforward. I made my own strap for the X-E2 a while ago. I might start on wrist straps for the Merrills this Christmas.

That is a cracking shot [emoji106]

Well I believe it's about time I gave my Xpro1 up. I love it probably more than any other camera BUT it just doesn't get used and the XPro2 gets the love instead. XE1 is suffering the same fate as is the XT1 but an XT2 shall be replacing it I feel. Back to two bodies for different types of photography so less kit to drag around which is ultimately key!

Well, I have used my XE-1 approximately twice since getting it, with the intention of using my manual-focus lenses with the body. Wondering if I should bite the bullet and get the 27mm lens for it, see if I shoot it any more? If not, I can always sell the lot on, I suppose. I suppose the 27mm is a good lens?

Well, I have used my XE-1 approximately twice since getting it, with the intention of using my manual-focus lenses with the body. Wondering if I should bite the bullet and get the 27mm lens for it, see if I shoot it any more? If not, I can always sell the lot on, I suppose. I suppose the 27mm is a good lens?
Yes, it's a good lens albeit without an aperture ring (controlled by the body). Makes the X-E jacket-pocketable.

Very much like the view from my kitchen window, but yours is lacking the old folks home and the building site.

Some X-E2 love

32319359351_ee03fd10e8_b.jpg

Last edited:
What film simulation do most people use for everyday shooting? Can't make my mind up which I like best.
Either Classic Chrome or Neg, tweaked in the secondary settings to keep things quite neutral whilst maximising the displayed dynamic range - I'm always shooting raw and using bought-in or self-developed presets in Lightroom with individual adjustment.

Back