Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

I've had several Fuji refurbs over the years - must be about 5 in total by now - and never had any issues with any of them.

Yeah, sometimes youll get an as new camera, sometimes you might get a bit of a dog. Ive had a DOA, dog and mint. :LOL:
By dog do you mean the condition of the body? Of so can you send it back and ask for another one?
Thanks

By dog do you mean the condition of the body? Of so can you send it back and ask for another one?
Thanks

Yes, all scratched up, more like very well used than what I would call a refurb. Yes, if they have stock I guess you could or get a refund.

Still pretty pricey as a refurb, I'm stuck swithering between E2 and T10/1
Missed out on ebay of an E2 with 18-55 for 420 which would have been fine!

Still pretty pricey as a refurb, I'm stuck swithering between E2 and T10/1
Missed out on ebay of an E2 with 18-55 for 420 which would have been fine!
£495 on the Fuji refurb store, I think it's worth paying that little extra for the peace of mind.

I've got two X-T1s at the moment but the second one isn't getting a lot of use. I've had a couple of X-E2 bodies in the past and just fancy trying one with the firmware update.

Thanks, found a kit for £450.

I have a film Canonet 28 which I love, checking dimensions they are almost identical so gonna pull the trigger!

Last edited:
Only just got mine but looks like it will be a completely different camera in a few weeks.

Trip down to the port today, weather was hot but gloomy so excuse the slightly excessive PP!

oTJjK3d.jpg

Is anyone using any grips on there 1/2? Keep looking at the cheap L brackets on eBay but also like the JB camera wooden grip.
http://www.amazon.com/J-B-Camera-De...merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1453623392&sr=1-27

I have Neewer Arca compatible L grips on my X-E1 and X-E2, yes they make the camera a little easier to handle (increase the weight though), but I mainly got them as all my tripods are Arca compatible and it just makes things easy. Paid about £20 each for them, they are nice but not as 'nice' as the Sunwayfoto one on my X-T1

I have Neewer Arca compatible L grips on my X-E1 and X-E2, yes they make the camera a little easier to handle (increase the weight though), but I mainly got them as all my tripods are Arca compatible and it just makes things easy. Paid about £20 each for them, they are nice but not as 'nice' as the Sunwayfoto one on my X-T1
They sound like the ones I was looking at on the bay. My tripop is arca compatible as well.

When I had my xe1 I had the 35 1.4 but it was very hard to focus on a lively 3 year old. Is the new f2 any faster at tracking?

Thinking of purchasing anther xe2 as a second body to my xt1 and selling my x100s. With the upgrades it won't be that far off an xt10.

When I had my xe1 I had the 35 1.4 but it was very hard to focus on a lively 3 year old. Is the new f2 any faster at tracking?

Yes. The XE2 is faster for AF, with improved focussing coming with the new firmware and the 35 f2 is faster again. It's still not up where a good dslr can be though.

Might be my next lens purchase. Although did love the way the 1.4 could melt the background.

Actually the next lens will be the samyang 8mm fisheye to replace the 7.5 I had for m4/3. Really enjoyed that lens at car show's.

Attachments

• 1453675823747.jpg
    1453675823747.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 22
A quick question. Is there any way you can turn the zoom feature off when you manual focus? Can't seem to find it in the menu.

Just picked up a mint used X-E1 for £130 as a backup to my XT1, have to say i'm extremely impressed. Updated to latest firmware AF seems very snappy. Can't believe the price of these things now. Almost doesn't justify the extra price for an XT1. Well chuffed.

A quick question. Is there any way you can turn the zoom feature off when you manual focus? Can't seem to find it in the menu.
There is, I think it's called focus check? Might be in a focussing submenu, can't remember and I'm away from my camera.

You can also use the thumbwheel to switch between two levels of digital zoom if you do have it enabled.

I find this feature a bit irritating when you are trying to shoot on the hoof and suddenly a load of image disappears. I'm sure I've switched it off before in menu yet it still comes back. Just wondering if it can be inadvertently switched back on by fumbling fingers via another method. Must check up.

My footprint leather strap and jjc shutter button turned up today. This is the 3rd footprint strap I've had and really like the quality of them.

Attachments

• 1453900644677.jpg
    1453900644677.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 16
Back