Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

I quick question, I have face and eye recognition working in single shot focus, but only face in continuous focus.

Is that as expected, or am I missing something obvious?

I love the new 35f2 considering the 55-200 for some extra reach when needed but wish they did a 70-300

I have the 18-55mm and fancy taking my new X-E2 to a friends wedding in a few weeks. Would the 18-55mm cope in a dim reception venue or should I get something faster? I wouldn't be using flash, don't want to distract.

I do fancy a prime anyway after I sell my D600 and other bits like a now retired Panasonic GF2 ... would the 35mm f2 be worth getting? I can't seem to find a 23mm anywhere, prefer that really!

Cheers

I think a prime would be better, the 35 f2 is superb, better overall than the 1.4 and great value, but then the 18-55 is good to.

Last edited:
Think I'm lusting for kit before I've even started using the 18-55! I have a Samyang 14mm f2.8 I can use with a Nikon adapter, but .. manual focus and a few drinks might not work out too well.

What a great street shot Andrew, perfectly in line as they walk down the street is could be an advertising shot. Excellent.

I was out for work early today and went through Richmond Park just as the sun rose, it was bloody lovely and the XE2 jpegs captured it perfectly;

On the drive into the park
ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1455212833.645372.jpg

It was chuffing cold aswell, this is a 3 shot stitch
ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1455212871.461659.jpg

And I got a bit excited and took quite a few [emoji38]
ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1455212917.182032.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1455212948.567125.jpg

You had a busy morning Gregg, some wonderful images there, the pre sunrise ones are my favourites.

Have been toying with an xe2 or xpro1 as some may have seen in the xpro1 thread but have decided to probably go for the xe2 so rather than clog that thread up with chat about the xe2 I thought I would post here instead regarding the camera.Just wondering if its likely the body will receive a price drop now the xe2s is due and would £280 be a reasonable price for a minty used one at the mo?Or should I hold fire and see if fuji discount it further?

£280 is not bad for a mint used example. Refurbs have been £270 but not available body only for quite a while.

There's a Japanese import body on eBay at the moment around the £300 mark with a Best Offer option. That should go around £250 depending how greedy the seller is - there's no charger, box or accessories.

Have been toying with an xe2 or xpro1 as some may have seen in the xpro1 thread but have decided to probably go for the xe2 so rather than clog that thread up with chat about the xe2 I thought I would post here instead regarding the camera.Just wondering if its likely the body will receive a price drop now the xe2s is due and would £280 be a reasonable price for a minty used one at the mo?Or should I hold fire and see if fuji discount it further?

Stu pick up an X-E2 with the 18-55 for £599, the firmware update is pretty awesome.virtually an X-T1 for half the price

Stu pick up an X-E2 with the 18-55 for £599, the firmware update is pretty awesome.virtually an X-T1 for half the price
Can get a minty xe2 mate for around £280 and looking to get the 56mm 1.2 and 35mm f2 on top

I got a new xe2 for £329 but I believe that offers gone now, plenty of minty ones at good prices

Back