Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Have been toying with an xe2 or xpro1 as some may have seen in the xpro1 thread but have decided to probably go for the xe2 so rather than clog that thread up with chat about the xe2 I thought I would post here instead regarding the camera.Just wondering if its likely the body will receive a price drop now the xe2s is due and would £280 be a reasonable price for a minty used one at the mo?Or should I hold fire and see if fuji discount it further?
Bought mine from digital depot a couple of weeks ago, £260 posted, fully boxed charger etc. Pretty good nick although there's a bit of dirt on the sensor. DP said I could send it in for a clean but I'll probably do it myself, if I can find a YouTube vid :)

UK camera centre they are £349 now which Imo a steal especially when you've updated the firmware, far better than buying second hand

The X-E2 is a penny under £300 with OneStop, looks like the price may be dropping.

UK camerastore sorry
That's a less than convincing website. Maybe it's legit, but it's cheap looking and riddled with typos.

New ones £399 everywhere else I've seen
The official dealers will be holding out for a Fuji promotion, my guess is that there will be a new one along in the next fortnight.

The X-E2 is a penny under £300 with OneStop, looks like the price may be dropping.

That's a less than convincing website. Maybe it's legit, but it's cheap looking and riddled with typos.
I got next day delivery perfectly sealed box very helpful when I spoke them, so what more can you ask for?
OneStop are grey imports, I have no problem with that if your saving a substantial amount but for £30 I'd rather buy from a UK retailer

Last edited:
Either way the xe2 is bargain for what your getting so get it from wherever you want, it's not worth quibbling about, just get the dam thing and enjoy it

I got next day delivery perfectly sealed box very helpful when I spoke them, so what more can you ask for?
OneStop are grey imports, I have no problem with that if your saving a substantial amount but for £30 but I d rather buy from a UK retailer
Any non-official Fuji retailer is effectively a grey import.

Out of interest, what's the third character of the serial number of the one you received? If it's a UK model I may revise my opinion of them.

I'll have a look if it matters, they're all made in Japan wherever you buy it from, so does it really matter? Private insurance is better than any warranty anyway

Last edited:
Keep an eye on the wex 2nd hand. I got a opened box xe2 with the 18-55 for £499.

Any non-official Fuji retailer is effectively a grey import.

Out of interest, what's the third character of the serial number of the one you received? If it's a UK model I may revise my opinion of them.
M

That's the code for Australia, and Asia other than China or Japan

I don't know if anyone's yet tried making a warranty claim at Fuji UK on a body with a non-EU code (UK should be N). With that gamble in mind, I think I'd still opt to save the extra cash buying from OSD who I've used in the past - unless the refurb store come back with more at £270. If I'm getting an unofficial import I'd rather buy from a seller that's open about it up front. UKCS don't even put the price on the main page until you initiate an order.

That's the code for Australia, and Asia other than China or Japan

I don't know if anyone's yet tried making a warranty claim at Fuji UK on a body with a non-EU code (UK should be N). With that gamble in mind, I think I'd still opt to save the extra cash buying from OSD who I've used in the past - unless the refurb store come back with more at £270. If I'm getting an unofficial import I'd rather buy from a seller that's open about it up front. UKCS don't even put the price on the main page until you initiate an order.
You can see the price and they do a 2 year warranty which they would have honour one way or another, personally warranties don't bother me anyway, but it's your choice, if your unsure buy elsewhere. OSD you'll probably still have M

Last edited:
I highly recommend buying the L plate bracket, mine arrived today eBay £12.75 from China of course. Wasn't expecting too much but was pleasantly surprised at the quality, it really gives a much improved grip and gives the body a bit more weight which stops the lens being top heavy making things much more balanced, I doubt the £80 fuji version is much if any better

Have been toying with an xe2 or xpro1 as some may have seen in the xpro1 thread but have decided to probably go for the xe2 so rather than clog that thread up with chat about the xe2 I thought I would post here instead regarding the camera.Just wondering if its likely the body will receive a price drop now the xe2s is due and would £280 be a reasonable price for a minty used one at the mo?Or should I hold fire and see if fuji discount it further?

I got a virtually unused one from mpb for £314 2 weeks ago traded my x100s in.

Thats the one I was going to get but didnt quite go to plan! Just ordered a new nikon d5500 and 85mm 1.8 g so will say my goodbyes..lol:exit:

Has anyone had the 50-230mm? Is it any good?
From what I've seen of shots posted it's an excellent lens. The XC lenses appear too have the same high quality optics inside them as the XF lenses, just in more lightly built bodies which may not stand up to knocks and scrapes quite as well as the XF lenses.

From what I've seen of shots posted it's an excellent lens. The XC lenses appear too have the same high quality optics inside them as the XF lenses, just in more lightly built bodies which may not stand up to knocks and scrapes quite as well as the XF lenses.
Agreed. I have the 16-50 and 50-230 XC lenses and am very happy with both. They use more plastic in their construction than the more expensive Fuji lenses, including the lens mounts which puts some people off, plus they use smaller apertures, but the optics are very good.

See there is a rumor about a 23mm f2. I would buy one of them if it came in at the same price of the 35mm f2

Two nice shots from you yet again Gregg, liking the second one very much.(y)

George.

First shot with the 35mm f2, odd jim clouds without pp

Attachments

• 1456000568452.jpg
    1456000568452.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Gonna join the x club and order the X-E2S tomorrow just need to decide black or silver?

Back