Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Beautiful looking dog,and nice pix as well.Like the second one the best

Beautiful looking dog,and nice pix as well.Like the second one the best
Thanks ;)
Just as a note, the dog is a portuguese breed, "Fila de S. Miguel" (S. Miguel is an island in Azores, an autonomous region of Portugal).

"Excellent" shot Jeff, I like it very much.(y)

George.

I'm seriously considering chopping in a whole load of gear to get the 23mm. It should be noted though that the beautiful image above is a result of a great photographer, not necessarily a great lens :) I really like the 23mm angle of view, and find 27mm a little tight, particularly indoors so might lose the 27/2.8. The fast maximum aperture of the 23mm would also be really useful to me as well...oooh what to chop in? :(

Jeff i really like the composition of your photo,is the colour more a result of Pp or is it close to how it came out originally?

A day out in the Peak District (a few images from a Dave Butcher Black and White Workshop)

Tree, Lawrence Field sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

Edale Moor from Rushup Edge sm

Bole Hill Milestones 2 sm

Bole Hill Milestones 1 sm

Bole Hill Canopy sm

I like these a lot - along with the composition (particularly the first 3), I like the level of contrast you've chosen. It really makes them pop!

I like the first two, not so keen on the others.
How much was the day?

Jeff, I don't actually know as it was bought as a birthday present (and it would be rude to ask!!) what I do know is that Dave Butcher is doing less fixed courses and more private courses, so a group of people can hire him for the day (he charges different prices for different UK locations, but the current price for the Peak District is £300, so divide that between the number of participants - max 4)

I've got some more to process, but it was a very mixed day weatherwise, so some of them are a bit flat and might need a bit of PP work.

XE-2 users. Can you assign the "WiFi/FN" button (Top right of top plate) to control the focus point selection?
This could be a deal breaker!

I'm not 100%, but probably, but why would this be a deal breaker?
You still would need to use the D-pad to move the focus point around - for that reason I use the down D-pad button to actuate the selection option.

I use the fn/wi-fi button for ISO

XE-2 users. Can you assign the "WiFi/FN" button (Top right of top plate) to control the focus point selection?
This could be a deal breaker!

Yes it can be assigned to set the focus point (just checked) but as Jeff says you still have to use the D-pad to move the point so no advantage there. And like Jeff I use it for ISO which is much handier.

On my XP-1 I use the FN button (WiFi/FN button on the XE-2) to activate the focus positions and the thumb pads to make the selection.
I have the bottom of the D pad set to highlight the iso settings and then use the D pad to make the selection.
I'd like to be able to change from one camera to the other and be able to make these changes instinctively, and from what you tell me that will be the case.
Just waiting for then to be back in stock at the Fuji refurb. department, or for one to appear in the classified section.
Thanks for your help. :)

On my XP-1 I use the FN button (WiFi/FN button on the XE-2) to activate the focus positions and the thumb pads to make the selection.
I have the bottom of the D pad set to highlight the iso settings and then use the D pad to make the selection.
I'd like to be able to change from one camera to the other and be able to make these changes instinctively, and from what you tell me that will be the case.
Just waiting for then to be back in stock at the Fuji refurb. department, or for one to appear in the classified section.
Thanks for your help. :)

Yes that will definitely work. (y)

Have you had a XT 1 or perfectly happy with your ex 2 is it

Have you had a XT 1 or perfectly happy with your ex 2 is it

I've got a 6D and an X-E2, both are great!

I would seriously, seriously recommend you visit a store and handle these cameras if you are looking to change as you seem to have been undecided for a while now. I'm perfectly happy with the X-E2 but it might be useless for someone else ;)

Someone dropped the flag, call the fire brigade.. ..

What software did you use and how did you make them such bold Black and white love them

Back