Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Yes I agree David

What software did you use and how did you make them such bold Black and white love them

A very simple process. All photos were 30 sec expsoures with an Hoya ProND1000 filter

Import RAW into Lightroom5.7, set profile to Velvia, crop as required, then Edit in SilverEfexPro2.0 just selected a preset profile (Low Key 2) and apply a border, return to Lightroom, export as JPG. Resize in PaintShopPro, upload to flickr!!!

Bloody impressive... Do you highly rate this XE 2 as I may look into one of these now instead of a XT 1....

What the EVF like on this as I believe some had terrible flicker and this been corrected on the XT 1

A very simple process. All photos were 30 sec expsoures with an Hoya ProND1000 filter

Import RAW into Lightroom5.7, set profile to Velvia, crop as required, then Edit in SilverEfexPro2.0 just selected a preset profile (Low Key 2) and apply a border, return to Lightroom, export as JPG. Resize in PaintShopPro, upload to flickr!!!
You make it sound easy but the results are truly brilliant
James

Bloody impressive... Do you highly rate this XE 2 as I may look into one of these now instead of a XT 1....

What the EVF like on this as I believe some had terrible flicker and this been corrected on the XT 1

For my style of photography, I've not felt the need to upgrade to X-T1 (but I expect GAS will get me at some point). My EVF doesn't flicker and mine is an early X-E2,ordered on UK announcement and the first one my local shop had in!

Off to read the main advantage of XT 1 over the XE 2 apart from price tag

Now it either XE 2 or XT 1 now :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

But the big EVF with split screen on XT 1 is something

I have had the XE-1, Xpro1 & XT1 and for me the improvements in the EVF with the newer cameras has improved a lot. XT1 the best IMO, haven't owned a XE-2 but have tried a mates, although this was before the last FW updates.

Fuji IMO have listened to the owners and have included improvements in each new camera, along with the Firmware updates.

Andrew have a look at this review for some comparisons. > http://www.fujivsfuji.com/xt1-vs-xe2-vs-xpro1/

Have been very tempted by an Olympus EM5 but on getting one mail order I ultimately returned it for refund as found it too ergonomically compromised for my large hands and fingers.

I was tempted by the XE1 + 2 lenses offer of £499 but never bothered to pursue it to completion, no longer available now.

Wondered if any one has jumped from an Olympus EM5 to say an XE2, would appreciate your comments with regards to ergonomics and handleability for the larger user.

If I go for say an XE2 would be tempted to use it with cheapo zooms such as the 16-50 and 50-230 - they seem well priced, do they deliver optically?

Also am I right in thinking that there's not much difference in sensor output and quality between an XE1, 2 or an XT1?

Thanks
Henry

I've got the 16-50 & 50-230 as well as the 18-55 (had the 55-200 until recently) They are much lighter lenses for carrying, feel cheaper and don't have an aperture ring. Slight difference in aperture range as well.
Optically when used at the same settings I'd be hard pushed to tell a difference, which is why I kept the 50-230 and sold the 55-200. My preference would be the more expensive lenses but selling one helped me get the XF-23.

I've never owned the X-E1 but I've had the X-pro1, X-A1, X-M1, X-E2 and the X-T1, The focus speed on the X-Pro1 was annoying for shooting the Grandkids and I believe the X-E1 speed is similar to that. Owning the X-E2 and X-T1 now I wouldn't go back to that.

Last edited:
I've got the 16-50 & 50-230 as well as the 18-55 (had the 55-200 until recently) They are much lighter lenses for carrying, feel cheaper and don't have an aperture ring. Slight difference in aperture range as well.
Optically when used at the same settings I'd be hard pushed to tell a difference, which is why I kept the 50-230 and sold the 55-200. My preference would be the more expensive lenses but selling one helped me get the XF-23.

I've never owned the X-E1 but I've had the X-pro1, X-A1, X-M1, X-E2 and the X-T1, The focus speed on the X-Pro1 was annoying for shooting the Grandkids and I believe the X-E1 speed is similar to that. Owning the X-E2 and X-T1 now I wouldn't go back to that.

Yes, photographing grandkids indoors is something I very much had in mind, will an XE2 suffice focus speed wise? I suppose high ISO performance will be good up to 1600? Pics will need to look good on Mrs H's iPad though! :)

Other use would be for Lake District landscapes - well stopped down 16-50 and 50-230 on a tripod should be OK for that. Add an 10-24 if ever need an UWA, had been attracted to the 7-14 M43 Lumix, any user with experience of both of these?

As David has said the high iso is great. Focus should be fast enough on the X-E2 for you, but try and get your hands on one to try.

Tempted to buy even if I don't care for silver lenses as it allows me to evaluate the system. If I feel I need to upgrade, I can always sell on eBay at minimal loss. :)

I ordered a refurb recently; black sold out, so went for silver. When I opened the package, I had a black body and silver lenses! I was slightly tempted to return the lenses and ask for black, but I was so pleased with the camera that I didn't bother. I now have the 18mm and a 35mm on order, so the 16-15mm at leat will be sold soon anyway.

I ordered a refurb recently; black sold out, so went for silver. When I opened the package, I had a black body and silver lenses! I was slightly tempted to return the lenses and ask for black, but I was so pleased with the camera that I didn't bother. I now have the 18mm and a 35mm on order, so the 16-15mm at leat will be sold soon anyway.
The 35mm is still a brilliant lens. It's been overshadowed a bit by the 23mm and 56mm but I absolutely love mine (I also have the 56). It's sharp, light, focusses well with the new firmware updates (remember to check the lens firmware is also up to date) and has a lovely rendering.

Just pulled the trigger on a silver refurb XE1, with PAYPAL 12 getting me an extra 10%, its a total no brainer at just over £340 :)

Sadly for other buyers, got the last one!

Will let you know how I get on once it has arrived, thanks for the encouragement.

H

Glad you got one too, I've been teetering on the edge of offering my x-e2. Not sure really need it, and on the rare occasion I pick it up instead of the X-T1 I keep pressing the wrong buttons.

I just grabbed an XE-1 to take away on holiday, rather than lugging the DSLR. I'm a big fan of prime lenses, and only have a 16-50mm for the Fuji currently. Is the 35mm a good starting point for the Fuji line up, as I just missed a 23mm in the classifieds. :(

I just grabbed an XE-1 to take away on holiday, rather than lugging the DSLR. I'm a big fan of prime lenses, and only have a 16-50mm for the Fuji currently. Is the 35mm a good starting point for the Fuji line up, as I just missed a 23mm in the classifieds. :(

Very good starting point,i do prefer zooms but this is a prime i like :)

Glad you got one too, I've been teetering on the edge of offering my x-e2. Not sure really need it, and on the rare occasion I pick it up instead of the X-T1 I keep pressing the wrong buttons.
I would also be interested if you decide to move it on, I've been waiting a while for them to become available in the refurb. dept for a while now
Please give Minnnt first refusal though. :)

Last edited:
I would also be interested if you decide to move it on, I've been waiting a while for them to become available in the refurb. dept for a while now
Please give Minnnt first refusal though. :)

Think I've came to the conclusion I should keep it. I hate the idea of not having a spare body but don't think I need the expense of a second X-T1. The refurb price drop (although usually out of stock) has too much of an impact on second hand prices for my liking :mad:

Crazy how much lower prices are on X-E1 and X-E2 when they have essentially the same sensor as the still very expensive X-T1, makes the older bodies fantastic value though!

The xe1 does have a different sensor but as you say the price difference between the xt1 and xe2 which have the same, is crazy

Back