Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Think I've came to the conclusion I should keep it. I hate the idea of not having a spare body but don't think I need the expense of a second X-T1. The refurb price drop (although usually out of stock) has too much of an impact on second hand prices for my liking :mad:
Absolutley. That's why I intend to keep my XP1...There's no point in selling it! :)

Can't see it happening either, they are selling the X-E2 off pretty cheap on their own website so that probably tells you all you need to know.

My first stitched panorama with the X-E2, and my first with v2 of MS ICE. I'm not sure I can do it justice on here or Flickr..

X-E2, Rolleinar MC 80-200/4, MS ICE v2

It's a touch large.. 41,662 x 4,443 pixels (11'7" x 1'3").. :D

Detail (still not 100%) from the left..

17603559439_5a0f43db40_z.jpg

From the centre..

17787182632_ff09e8bdeb_z.jpg

From the right..

17602333460_9984b26264_z.jpg

A quick count gives 30 exposures. All in a single row with quite a lot of overlap and the camera in portrait orientation. I've spotted a couple of small stitching anomalies, one minor misalignment in the fine rigging of the cog and on the quayside the same couple appears twice a slight distance apart.

Edit:
100% detail from the centre..

17604216279_58600b55ed_o.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to be of service! :)
Very grateful for the link to the refurb site. :):):):):)

In fact I've actually received an XE1 + 16/50 and 50/230 in BLACK (not the silver that was the only choice available) and am very pleased with its appearance.

I've done my back in so walking/driving a bit tricky, I've taken a few test shots out of my bedroom window. I have to say that I'm very impressed with the results so far.

The body is really nice to use and a perfect size for my large hands, viewfinder is OK but I'm sure that the XT1 is much better. AF seems reasonable inside. I tested an XE1 at my LCS when the offer for body + 2 XC lenses for £499 was on a year(?) or so ago, then I was not impressed by the af and decided not to buy. Suspect that firmware updates have improved matters considerably, long may they continue.

As far as lenses are concerned, the 50-230 is a peach of a lens. Seems edge to edge sharp at all focal lengths wide open, can't ask more of a lens than that. The 16-50 is very good centrally but shows some edge unsharpness at most focal lengths, stopping down improves it but it's not as good as the 50-230mm. Wonder if the 18-55 has better edges?

Will be sticking with this system for a while, not sure if the XE1 will do everything I want, we'll see - I certainly prefer it to an EM5 from an ergonomic point of view.

Just need your advice as to whether I will get appreciably better edges with an 18-55 over the 16-50, I look for edge to edge sharpness in my lenses for landscape work, say at f8 - will I see much difference?

It will be better, of course. It's very very good for a kit lens. However given the price of your X-E1 bundle you would be spending over another 50% of your original purchase and not gain any focal lengths. Best to consider the 10-24mm for landscapes?

In fact I've actually received an XE1 + 16/50 and 50/230 in BLACK (not the silver that was the only choice available) and am very pleased with its appearance.

I've done my back in so walking/driving a bit tricky, I've taken a few test shots out of my bedroom window. I have to say that I'm very impressed with the results so far.

The body is really nice to use and a perfect size for my large hands, viewfinder is OK but I'm sure that the XT1 is much better. AF seems reasonable inside. I tested an XE1 at my LCS when the offer for body + 2 XC lenses for £499 was on a year(?) or so ago, then I was not impressed by the af and decided not to buy. Suspect that firmware updates have improved matters considerably, long may they continue.

As far as lenses are concerned, the 50-230 is a peach of a lens. Seems edge to edge sharp at all focal lengths wide open, can't ask more of a lens than that. The 16-50 is very good centrally but shows some edge unsharpness at most focal lengths, stopping down improves it but it's not as good as the 50-230mm. Wonder if the 18-55 has better edges?

Will be sticking with this system for a while, not sure if the XE1 will do everything I want, we'll see - I certainly prefer it to an EM5 from an ergonomic point of view.

Just need your advice as to whether I will get appreciably better edges with an 18-55 over the 16-50, I look for edge to edge sharpness in my lenses for landscape work, say at f8 - will I see much difference?
I wish they would hurry up and get some XE2's in for refurb, I've been on the waiting list for a month now! :(

I wish they would hurry up and get some XE2's in for refurb, I've been on the waiting list for a month now! :(
Don't really on the email alert.. you need to manually check from time to time as well..

I agree,sometimes by the time you get the e.mail they have sold out :(
I'd bought one and it'd been delivered before I got my first alert email! - the batch I bought from didn't rate an alert.

I suspect a batch gets listed and the alerts are triggered the following evening/morning if any remain in stock. So there's a window of 8-24 hours for a batch to sell out before an alert is issued.

Glad you're pleased with your purchase :) I have tried the 16-50mm and 18-55mm at the same time, and contrary to advice above, they perform almost identically. Neither has edge sharpness like a Zeiss prime, for example.

The benefit of the 18-55mm is the faster Max aperture, aperture ring and better build quality. I sold my 18-55mm as I preferred to have 16mm on the wide end and found the lighter weight a better match to the XE series cameras.

Agree about the 50-230mm BTW, a truely excellent lens!

At least consider the non-Fuji alternatives, the x-series is a fantastic platform for adapting lenses from other systems. Admittedly, there are not many truly outstanding vintage lenses that are both very wide and a bargain if landscape means a wide lens to you.

And <cough> if you haven't found it yet, remember the *original* Fuji X forum is www.fujix-forum.com - I think you'll find most of the regulars from this thread over there as well..

I'd bought one and it'd been delivered before I got my first alert email! - the batch I bought from didn't rate an alert.

I suspect a batch gets listed and the alerts are triggered the following evening/morning if any remain in stock. So there's a window of 8-24 hours for a batch to sell out before an alert is issued.
Yes, I do keep looking in and"re-registering".

At least consider the non-Fuji alternatives, the x-series is a fantastic platform for adapting lenses from other systems. Admittedly, there are not many truly outstanding vintage lenses that are both very wide and a bargain if landscape means a wide lens to you.
Also, quite a few wide lenses from the film era (rangefinder lenses in particular) give vignetting at the edges because the rays impinging on the sensor are at angles that aren't efficiently detected. It's not a problem with film, but the refractive index of silicon has made this a notable problem with some lenses. It's why various manufacturers (such as Leica and Sony in one of the A7 models) have included microlens arrays on the sensor to "redirect" the light rays across the sensor correctly.

Just the one left.. ..
Thanks for the tip off.
I dived straight over to the site, fed in all my details as I've done several times before, got as far as "Place order". Little box pops up "Can not proceed" and some code numbers.
Tried a different card, get right to the end and same result.
Quickly 'phone the bank in case it's one of those anti fraud blocking things, no nothing their end, must be Fuji.
Finally get through to Fuji, "Hold the line I'll go and check"...I'll just try again while I'm waiting..."Sorry this item is out of stock"!
So while Fuji and I have been trying to sort out the payment someones sneaked in and nabbed it! :mad:
Mr Fuji man comes back on the line and asks for my number and they will ring me back. I give him the number and tell him it's probably academic now as it's out of stock again. "Err I'll see what I can do".

Deep breaths Graham...deep breaths!

Thanks for the tip off.
I dived straight over to the site, fed in all my details as I've done several times before, got as far as "Place order". Little box pops up "Can not proceed" and some code numbers.
Tried a different card, get right to the end and same result.
Quickly 'phone the bank in case it's one of those anti fraud blocking things, no nothing their end, must be Fuji.
Finally get through to Fuji, "Hold the line I'll go and check"...I'll just try again while I'm waiting..."Sorry this item is out of stock"!
So while Fuji and I have been trying to sort out the payment someones sneaked in and nabbed it! :mad:
Mr Fuji man comes back on the line and asks for my number and they will ring me back. I give him the number and tell him it's probably academic now as it's out of stock again. "Err I'll see what I can do".

Deep breaths Graham...deep breaths!
Really feel for you!!:arghh: They did have some XE2s with the 18/55 kit lens though.

I have to fess up here as I bought one of the two black XE2s that they had available before posting here.:sneaky:

To prevent problems with paying by card I used their pay by Paypal option as I didn't have my card to hand, makes much quicker and easier.

I did wonder about the new XT10, but don't like the pentaprism hump and smaller size - makes it too much like an Olympus EM5 which my big hands had previously rejected on ergonomics grounds. Much as I like the XE1, am sure that the improved XE2 will do everything I want, especially at the 10% reduced refurb price I got it for.

Anybody want a mint barely used XE1?

Last edited:
I was surprised at how long it actually lasted in stock after Henry's post earlier. I've come to the decision that I'm going to trade the X-E2 in against the X-T10. Unfortunately Graham, the £80 bonus trade in means that I couldn't achieve the same value by offering it for sale here. Just weighing up now whether to go for the 18-55&55-200 package they are offering as it's a good value way of replacing the 55-200 I sold a couple of months back.

Back