Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

At least consider the non-Fuji alternatives, the x-series is a fantastic platform for adapting lenses from other systems. Admittedly, there are not many truly outstanding vintage lenses that are both very wide and a bargain if landscape means a wide lens to you.

And <cough> if you haven't found it yet, remember the *original* Fuji X forum is www.fujix-forum.com - I think you'll find most of the regulars from this thread over there as well..
Will be joining shortly, thanks for the heads up!

Glad you're pleased with your purchase :) I have tried the 16-50mm and 18-55mm at the same time, and contrary to advice above, they perform almost identically. Neither has edge sharpness like a Zeiss prime, for example.

The benefit of the 18-55mm is the faster Max aperture, aperture ring and better build quality. I sold my 18-55mm as I preferred to have 16mm on the wide end and found the lighter weight a better match to the XE series cameras.

Agree about the 50-230mm BTW, a truely excellent lens!
Thanks for that, stops me wasting money for perhaps very little gain, that 2 mm at the wide end matter far more to me than 5 at the long end.

X-E2, Rolleinar MC 80-200/4

It will be better, of course. It's very very good for a kit lens. However given the price of your X-E1 bundle you would be spending over another 50% of your original purchase and not gain any focal lengths. Best to consider the 10-24mm for landscapes?
I've placed a Wanted '10-24 and also 60macro' in the classifieds, if you know of anyone wanting to part with one then please let me know.

@fulwood how much are you thinking?
Take it you mean for the XE1? Don't really know, I've only had it for 5 mins!

Wex offer £170 in px against an XT10, is that a bargaining price as mine is just as new? I've done less than a 100 clicks with it.

My offer to sell was slightly tongue in cheek as it makes a terrific second body, BUT open to sensible offers.

Last edited:
Really feel for you!!:arghh: They did have some XE2s with the 18/55 kit lens though.

I have to fess up here as I bought one of the two black XE2s that they had available before posting here.:sneaky:

To prevent problems with paying by card I used their pay by Paypal option as I didn't have my card to hand, makes much quicker and easier.

I did wonder about the new XT10, but don't like the pentaprism hump and smaller size - makes it too much like an Olympus EM5 which my big hands had previously rejected on ergonomics grounds. Much as I like the XE1, am sure that the improved XE2 will do everything I want, especially at the 10% reduced refurb price I got it for.

Anybody want a mint barely used XE1?
A quick update.
I 'phoned Fuji again. They said they'd been processing sales up to 10.30 last night so it couldn't be their system. He said can you try again, I reminded him that they were now out of stock again.
"Can you try with another product?" I pointed out that I would actually have to buy "Another product" as it was at the very final stage that the fail message occurred.
I asked if they could unpack one of the kits and sell me that over the 'phone..."Sorry, no, they're prepacked." (I know, that's why I asked for one to be unpacked!)
Time to give up. :(

A lens I've been wanting for a while, the ghetto vario-elmar..

X-E2, Minolta MD 35-70/3.5 macro

What is the rough second hand price for a 9 month old XE2,I am in the process of buying a XT1 and have been offered £170 plus £80 bonus from calumet.

What is the rough second hand price for a 9 month old XE2,I am in the process of buying a XT1 and have been offered £170 plus £80 bonus from calumet.

I was lucky in my timing for a quote from WEX in that I applied just before the trade bonus was announced. My camera is 6 months old and mint retail boxed as new. My Quote was £270 and then the £80 on top. When I spoke to someone from WEX the other day he told me that if I applied today I would get a quote of £220 + £80

I was lucky in my timing for a quote from WEX in that I applied just before the trade bonus was announced. My camera is 6 months old and mint retail boxed as new. My Quote was £270 and then the £80 on top. When I spoke to someone from WEX the other day he told me that if I applied today I would get a quote of £220 + £80

How did you get the £80 bonus before it was announced :confused:

As I said my quote for trading in was given before the bonus was announced. Now it's announced my quote is still valid for 28 days.

A few interesting cars and a brilliant singer from a vintage fair today with the 23/1.4 and 50-230mm processed with RNI Kodak Ektachrome faded film simulation:

Not sure the rozzas would have pulled too many speeding drivers in this thing!

Ah, nostalgia time. A friend of mine had an Austin Allegro and his was the model that had a square steering wheel.
One of my favourite cars that I had was a Hillman Imp, I had it for a long time, I haven't seen one for years.

Nice picture of the girl in red.

Ha! I'd forgotten about the square steering wheels! Apparently there are only 168 running Allegros left in the country now. The note on the car also mentioned that there aren't many Austin Maestros left...no great surprise given the way they rust!

Think there may have been a Hillman Imp there today :)

Nice captures of the cars. Processing really suits them too. Did the 23 come off your camera much? It looks like a fantastic lens - I've heard so many good things about it.

I see Fuji are working on some firmware for the X-E2. Wonder if it'll be similar to what's coming for the X-T's?

Nice shots Jeff.

Just seen the link too! Fingers crossed as I can't afford an x-t1 lol

I reckon they won't want to eat into sales of the x-t models so might leave out the tracking, but provide better low light AF. That would probably be OK although tracking would certainly be helpful :)

Last edited:

X-E2, Minolta MD 35-70/3.5 macro

Had a lovely time at Arundel Castle today, couple of pics from the garden with the 23mm. It wasn't really wide enough for architecture or interior photos though, think I will have to replace it with the 10-24mm as it's on cashback right now!

Bees were so drunk on pollen they weren't bothered by a camera in their faces. Few good ones, but loads of missed focus photos also :(

IMGJ9823RAW-2

IMGJ9827RAW

Hiya not been on for a wee while hut been keeping up with all the chat. This is the The Pheonix Tallship moored at Dysart Harbour in Fife for the filming of the series Outlander. Really difficult to get a shot as theres so much security and hoardings up and a big green screen behind it. I know a lot of you hate effects but someone asked me if I could do it for them as a print and I quite liked the oil effect on this. This was only real angle to take it from.

View attachment 38410

Is that a three-exposure HDR @Karen ? - the effects of the overall processing aren't too bad but without the ghosting on the leaves I suspect it could be much better. Perhaps just pushing the shadow and highlight recovery on one exposure might get a similar look?

The angle is perfect, it just gives that glance through the leaves and over the quay.

Back