Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Back to my usual photo haunt along the river, still haven't managed to prise the ghetto-elmar from the front of the X-E2..

X-E2, Minolta MD 35-70/3.5 macro

Nicely done! That Minolta has a bit of a rep ;)
It deserves the reputation. For a sub-£50 lens it's pretty special. Definitely one I'd recommend.

I find my thumb grips really useful, however, im just about to purchase the Nissin i40 fashgun. Now given the thumb grips render the hotshoe useless has anyone found anything similar allowing use of both.

An of the camera flash lead ? :)

Nothing I can of will allow the thumb grip and a flash. Unlike the -pro1 the -e2 doesn't have the PC synch port.

Karen if you had more to grip onto (at the front) would you need a thumb rest??

I have a couple of these and find no need to have a thumbrest/grip. They can be put on very easily and allow access to battery compartment and card slot. Would free up the hotshoe when you need it.

10078703_3.jpg

+1 for the Neewer L-plate (make sure you don't pay to much, the *same* grip is listed at £25 and £125), but I still use my thumb rest with it on the -E2

That image I like very much Jeff, and the PP really works well.(y)

George.

Fuji Rumours are reporting that the big firmware update for the x-e2 will now come in around six months time. Makes sense I guess, in order not to impact upon x-t10 sales.
Patrick has a very poor (aka appalling) track record when it comes to predicting when something will happen (the -Pro2 should have been out over a year ago according to his timings).. he says 6 months, elsewhere says September, best guess is some time between tomorrow and never.. :D

(Edit, got my months muddled)

Last edited:
Yep. Need a home for the 23 so i thought I'd give one a go.

Heard that the original Fuji sensors produce better skin tones so i thought this would be the cheapest way to find out.

Still got one of my X-pro1,don't shoot a lot of portraits so i cant say :)

Back