Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

The 23 is a fab lens but i am considering selling it and getting the 35 now. I have the 18mm and it has kind of made the 23 a little redundant.

I love mine, but I find 23mm too tight for toddler shots. Thinking of selling it and buying an X-T1 instead :eek:

I do really like my X-E1. A few niggles but as you say if you take your time with it and remember that you need to press a button before you can access some features it's really very nice. Snaps a great snap!

I do need to sort a better way to carry two cameras though.

Will post a few more pics later.

Lovely shots, this "take your time talk", does it stutter to find initial focus in low light (think incandescent light on a cold winters evening!) a la Nikon Live View, or is it just not good at subject tracking?

Selling my phone so taking a few photos of it with my X-E1 earlier. Trying to get it to focus on screen text was a complete no go! Manual focus was super difficult too, as the EVF and the screen are so lo res... is there a button to magnify the view? I couldn't find it.

Plus fairly sure the diopter is out as sharp objects in viewfinder turned out blurry (to be fair this is a very hard example, trying to photo small phone text) but there's no scale so I have no idea if it's zero'ed or not :(

A few more X-E1 goodness...

18mm f2

Clio Cup - Croft 2015
by David Raynham, on Flickr

23mm f1.4

Clio Cup - Croft 2015

50-140mm f2.8

Clio Cup - Croft 2015

18mm f2

Scarborough - June 2015

18mm f2

Scarborough - June 2015

18mm f2

Scarborough - June 2015

23mm f1.4

Scarborough - June 2015

23mm f1.4

Scarborough - June 2015

Show off ;)

Lovely shots, really like the Royal Mail van one :)

That's a very nice B&W conversion Joao, just about held the shadow & highlight detail with some good punchy tones.(y)

George.

That's a very nice B&W conversion Joao, just about held the shadow & highlight detail with some good punchy tones.(y)

George.
Thanks George ;)
As I was facing the sun, I had to try these BW conversions with high contrast to save some photos... Most turned out too blown up, and when the boats weren't between me and the sun, I couldn't get good compositions... I'll try to watch the regatta in a better spot, next year.

Btw, I forgot to mention in the post, but as an additional note, and curiosity: the race was won by the Cockburn's boat.

Last edited:
Plus fairly sure the diopter is out as sharp objects in viewfinder turned out blurry (to be fair this is a very hard example, trying to photo small phone text) but there's no scale so I have no idea if it's zero'ed or not :(

As it's an EVF which displays exactly what the sensor sees, if it's sharp in the viewfinder it follows that it must also be sharp on the sensor! Equally the dioper setting must be correct for you if it's sharp. If the resulting photos are not, then it can only be one of two things: (1) blur caused by camera or subject movement, or (2) the subject moved out of the focus point before you took the shot. It could be (1) if you're using a slow shutter speed.

Last edited:
For me, I think the 2nd one is better, and as it is named PN I guess that is Photo Ninja?

I find PhotoNinja gives me the best "automatic" presets for various scene types if I give it the RAWs from a camera that I don't really like the Jpegs from.
I use it for Lumix G3 stuff mostly.
My X-E1 goes straight to Astia Jpegs.

I find PhotoNinja gives me the best "automatic" presets for various scene types if I give it the RAWs from a camera that I don't really like the Jpegs from.
I use it for Lumix G3 stuff mostly.
My X-E1 goes straight to Astia Jpegs.

Hi,

Do you know if it's possible to get the film simulation modes that I can access in ACR (Camera Calibration tab -> camera profile) for the XE2 in to PhotoNinja?

I do not know Jeff but this being t'internat if I wanted to do what you want to do I'm sure there's a way and a bunch of eager nerds making stuff to do just that.
How about on a PhotoNinja user forum?

Im going to a christening tomorrow and I am in 2 minds, im very impressed with the X-E2 jpegs. With my old canon I would only shoot in RAW... so now I am shooting RAW and jpeg.

What does everyone else do?? Shoot in RAW or jpeg or both?

I guess if I shoot in RAW I have the jpeg presets in lightroom so I can always easily process them if I am in doubt

The Lr versions can be quite different. Classic Chrome is alot different from my experience.

Why not shoot both so you have a wider choice in PP... If you think the Jpeg is good then run with it. If you need to do a few alterations to shadows or highlights then you have the option to do so.

Im going to a christening tomorrow and I am in 2 minds, im very impressed with the X-E2 jpegs. With my old canon I would only shoot in RAW... so now I am shooting RAW and jpeg.

raw every single time, but then I'm a post processing tinkerer.....

Raw all the time, as I Iike to get the very best possible quality from my images.

George.

Yes it seems like people like there RAW files, I agree totally.

I have this debate with my father in law who thinks jpegs are fine and RAW should only be used by someone who is printing hundreds of the same image :/

He has a Canon 5D and only uses it on auto, I cringe at the potiental his missing out on but he wont listen to me and thinks auto is the way it should be...

we dont talk photography anymore lol

Back