Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Honestly sometimes just can't be bothered to go and process a RAW just for a few snapshots :p

Can't all be as pro as you Nikon shooters ;)

For me the X-E2. The OVF is nice on the X-Pro but not with all lenses. X-E2 was a nicer all round experience for me.
+1

I've had both, and sold the -Pro1 as the -E2 was always my first choice.

The second function button the -E2 shouldn't be overlooked as a feature over the -Pro1. It's nice to have both ISO (fn1) and drive mode (fn2) readily available without having to dive into menus. I've been doing some night shots this evening and anything that reduces faffing about in the dark in a strange city is a big help.

^ correction, I forgot Fuji separates the functions grouped under "drive" by other manufacturers into two groups. On fn2 I have the -, 2-, and 10-second shutter delay options. Other drive functions have a dedicated button already.

Well I've just taken the plunge with a XE1! Bought it with the 18-55mm and the 50-230mm although I'm thinking of trading the longer lens out for a fixed prime. So far I've updated camera and lens firmware and had a good play. LR4.4 doesn't have Fuji profiles bar one which is for the X100??

78 pages to read through!

Well, after a good 90 day stint of 12 hour days at work I'm finally free and about to pick up all my kit and go on a walking holiday to North Devon. Really looking forward to getting back into my camera and a good bit of walking as well. Here's a photo of what I'm taking for good measure:

20320110396_a71891451f_b.jpg

Adam

Well I've just taken the plunge with a XE1! Bought it with the 18-55mm and the 50-230mm although I'm thinking of trading the longer lens out for a fixed prime. So far I've updated camera and lens firmware and had a good play. LR4.4 doesn't have Fuji profiles bar one which is for the X100??

78 pages to read through!

Oh dear, now you've gone and done it.;) I did that in February last year as a lighter weight kit to supplement my D700 and lenses. The D700 and 105DC, the last Nikon gear, went last month when I got the 90 mm f2.

Reporting in. I just bought X-E2, 10-24, 60mm and 55-200mm to replace my Canon 5D mark 2, 17-40, 85 f1.8, 70-200 f4 IS. Of course my 2 camera prime setup will forever feature X100 hence the lack of wide prime.

I'm going to an airshow next Saturday. Any tips on continuous focusing with X-E2? particularly any major differences between DSLR and X-E2?

Reporting in. I just bought X-E2, 10-24, 60mm and 55-200mm to replace my Canon 5D mark 2, 17-40, 85 f1.8, 70-200 f4 IS. Of course my 2 camera prime setup will forever feature X100 hence the lack of wide prime.

I'm going to an airshow next Saturday. Any tips on continuous focusing with X-E2? particularly any major differences between DSLR and X-E2?

Its not its best point continuous focusing on the XE-2,sometimes its hard to lock on to the sky,i would give both a try SF & CF and see which one give you the best results :)

My mum has asked me to take a few photos at her wedding in September with my camera. I have the X-E2 with the 18-55 lens. I've never done any wedding photography and I am considering whether this lens will be OK? I know its better than a regular kit lens, but not very fast at the long end. I was looking to maybe hire or even buy a used longer lens like the 90mm.

Any hints or tips for this?

My mum has asked me to take a few photos at her wedding in September with my camera. I have the X-E2 with the 18-55 lens. I've never done any wedding photography and I am considering whether this lens will be OK? I know its better than a regular kit lens, but not very fast at the long end. I was looking to maybe hire or even buy a used longer lens like the 90mm.

"Take a few photos" or "I want you to record the day from beginning to end and dam well better make me look *good* if you want me to ever speak to you again"

There's a world of difference - and if it's the latter I'd decline and leave my camera at home...

But other than that, until you find out from your mum which "few" photos* she wants you to take it's difficult to tell if you need anything other than your current lens.

*indoor or outdoor, posed formal or casual crowd, individuals or groups, full team photo of everyone?

"Take a few photos" or "I want you to record the day from beginning to end and dam well better make me look *good* if you want me to ever speak to you again"

There's a world of difference - and if it's the latter I'd decline and leave my camera at home...

But other than that, until you find out from your mum which "few" photos* she wants you to take it's difficult to tell if you need anything other than your current lens.

*indoor or outdoor, posed formal or casual crowd, individuals or groups, full team photo of everyone?

She doesn't have much money, the wedding is low budget and going to be held in the gardens of a local Inn. She's not hired a photographer and has just asked people to take photos themselves and get them all to her via email. She hates all the staged rows of people in lots of wedding photos, just wants candid stuff.

She doesn't have much money, the wedding is low budget and going to be held in the gardens of a local Inn. She's not hired a photographer and has just asked people to take photos themselves and get them all to her via email. She hates all the staged rows of people in lots of wedding photos, just wants candid stuff.

Your camera and lens should be fine for that sort of thing. If you did want to hire/buy something extra you might want to consider the 55-200mm for a bit more reach across the crowd. I wouldn't worry about the aperture on your zoom, the high ISO response of the Fuji sensor is excellent. If you have to move indoors for the weather, make sure you're shooting raw so you've some leeway on white balance and make sure IS is on to gain some stops of shutter speed. I've done late evening/night indoor family gatherings with the -Pro1 and 55-200mm and the quality is fine for family shots. The -E2 should have even less trouble as it's focusing is significantly better.

I took over 100 shots with my X10 at my son's wedding last year, and only 5 were over about 90mm equivalent. I reckon the 18-55 on the XE-2 should do you fine. I'm sure you'd love the 56mm, but what struck me as I went through the folder just now was how varied the focal lengths were; I'm certainly glad I wasn't using a prime on that day!

The 5 longer shots were at max zoom, 112mm equivalent IIRC... I wouldn't have got any of them if I'd had to change lenses, as they were opportunity shots.

Back