Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

EVF is different level :)

Even though I sold my X-T1, I have kept my X-E1 because they are cheap as chips these days and image quality is basically identical even if not so nice to use!

Yes I thought that until ... I actually bought an X-T1, I now wish I'd bought one earlier, it really is a big step up on the X-E2 both in handling and in the EVF (and thats before you take the new AF into account). My X-E2 is now my second body!!!
Did you have to say that :(

I do think the XT1 EVF is just stunning and is enough to upgrade to it but now the summer is almost over the opportunity to take picture will be few and far between so I'm XPro2 will come out soon as I prefer the rangefinder body style.

Guys, not really completely specific to the XE1/2 but I have one of these half cases for my XE2, very nice Chinese leather (;-) ) but the retaining screw with the slot in the head has fallen out on a walk this morning. I can find a potential alternative that might work, but does anyone know where I can get that exact same type of screw that recesses into the case and screws into the tripod socket please? I would have thought they would be easily obtained, but can't find the same on Ebay/Amazon. Probably easy if you know the right keywords. (Photo from Ebay)

Attachments

• XE1blk%20(4).jpg
    XE1blk%20(4).jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 20
Thanks Alistair, I found some that may work, but none the same as that in the image I posted. It's a different design, but the sort of thing you see on several of these generic camera cases. I can't be the first to have lost one.

I love the 4th shot !

Just seen the link to the 27mm, is it a worthwhile addition as the price is ace but I have the 35mm?

If it's just the size I'm not too fussed as the 35mm pretty much lives on my xe2 and I may well buy an x100t at some point, thanks.

Hi fellow Fuji shooters.
I'm thinking of putting one of my manual focus lenses up for sale, but I've no idea what to ask for it.

It's a Canon FD 100 mm lens f.28 in great condition, complete with KIPON FD-FX converter, lens caps, hood and box.

If anyone has any ideas - it would help me out...

Cheers.

X-E2, XF14mm and a country church wider than it is long..

Nah definitely not worth it, wait for the next generation of sensors before even considering a new body I reckon!

Anyone on here swapped there XE-2 to an XT-10 ? Or are they just too similar ?

I wouldn't do this before the new software is released, rumoured to be November. Personally I think it will be a bit of sideways move, if you do want a body upgrade the X-T1 is really the way to go. I did it recently, and realised that I should have done it before!!

I wouldn't do this before the new software is released, rumoured to be November. Personally I think it will be a bit of sideways move, if you do want a body upgrade the X-T1 is really the way to go. I did it recently, and realised that I should have done it before!!

care to expand why :)

care to expand why :)

That EVF....... it's just way ahead of the X-E2, all of the rest of the upgrades are 'nice to have's!!

I've just been away for two weeks (Austria) with both the X-T1 and the X-E2, I've shot about 10 times a s much on the X-T1, going to take some major sessions at the computer to process the keepers!!!

Anyone on here swapped there XE-2 to an XT-10 ? Or are they just too similar ?
I have the XT 1 and got the XT-10 as a second body, previously having had an XT-2. I have just got myself a new/refurbished XE-1 because I find it nicer to use than the T10, which is just that tad too small. I got the E1 rather than the E2 because I prefer the colours, even in RAW (having also owned one pre-X-T1). And dare I say I even might prefer it over the X-T1 in some aspects.

Hoping for an x-e3 with a large evf and WR personally. I don't see the point of the SLR style layout when you don't have to worry about lining up the viewfinder with the mirrorbox.

Hoping for an x-e3 with a large evf and WR personally. I don't see the point of the SLR style layout when you don't have to worry about lining up the viewfinder with the mirrorbox.
So am I, but I fear the X-E2 is the last of the line. Fuji will in future concentrate their attentions on two lines - the XT and the XPro. With the 100 as a niche market for the "street" photographer.

So am I, but I fear the X-E2 is the last of the line. Fuji will in future concentrate their attentions on two lines - the XT and the XPro. With the 100 as a niche market for the "street" photographer.

EDIT: damned ipad has doubledouble postedposted again!

I certainly hope not! I find both of those camera lines to be too expensive in these days of semi-disposable digital bodies.

Back