Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

We were discussing the X-T1 and X-Pro1 though.

edit: sorry, I misread. I don't really consider the x-t10 to be a worthwhile change from an x-e2 though, especially once the new firmware hits.

Last edited:
Just a head up that I'll be putting the following up for sale in the classifieds this weekend:

A Canon FD 100 mm lens f.28 in great condition, complete with KIPON FD-FX converter, lens caps, hood and box.

&

A Minolta 50mm f1.4 with Pixco MD-FX adapter again with both in great condition.

Cheers

Well my pristine looking XE-2 has arrived from Wex. If only they'd sent a battery too :sulk:

Just a head up that I'll be putting the following up for sale in the classifieds this weekend:

A Canon FD 100 mm lens f.28 in great condition, complete with KIPON FD-FX converter, lens caps, hood and box.

&

A Minolta 50mm f1.4 with Pixco MD-FX adapter again with both in great condition.

Cheers

:) cheeky of me - but these lenses and the adapters, the FUJI 27mm and some filters etc are now in the classifieds - so bag yourself a bargain...

Last edited:
can anyone recommend either the XE-1 or XE-2 for a guy i work with wanting a new camera? ..he's not big into photography and has asked me to help him get something for general Holiday stuff that is not too big or intrusive. I own an XT-1 and coming from a Canon find the colours and style of the Fuji stuff suit my needs much better than DSLR's. I think he will be shooting in mainly auto mode
Any tips or recommendations greatly appreciated,

can anyone recommend either the XE-1 or XE-2 for a guy i work with wanting a new camera? ..he's not big into photography and has asked me to help him get something for general Holiday stuff that is not too big or intrusive. I own an XT-1 and coming from a Canon find the colours and style of the Fuji stuff suit my needs much better than DSLR's. I think he will be shooting in mainly auto mode
Any tips or recommendations greatly appreciated,
If he's "not big into photography" and "will be shooting in mainly auto mode" why would you recommend him an interchangeable lens camera?

For general holiday stuff a decent compact is far more convenient if you're not wanting to get too involved. How about an X20 or X30?

If he's "not big into photography" and "will be shooting in mainly auto mode" why would you recommend him an interchangeable lens camera?

For general holiday stuff a decent compact is far more convenient if you're not wanting to get too involved. How about an X20 or X30?

^^^^ What he said....

I've got a lovely little LX7 in the classifieds lol - or something like a SONY RX100 - surely he wants something that he can slip in to his pocket...

Been down this road with him and i think initially he would like something that he can pick up and shoot without too much fuss, but he also says he wants something that he could "expand" on should his enthusiasm take hold. He has a point and shoot (Canon IXUS very old) ... but loves the modern rangefinder styles that Fuji are producing.
apologies i got the Fuji XA line mixed up with the XE models

Been down this road with him and i think initially he would like something that he can pick up and shoot without too much fuss, but he also says he wants something that he could "expand" on should his enthusiasm take hold. He has a point and shoot (Canon IXUS very old) ... but loves the modern rangefinder styles that Fuji are producing.
apologies i got the Fuji XA line mixed up with the XE models
There's plenty of room to expand with a decent compact. And the current crop of decent compacts are very stylish (have you seen the X-30 in black?), as well as capable of excellent results.

Joe, you may prefer to share that privately by PM as it gives Peter's full name and address and this forum is open to unregistered public view.

That's very nice David @Mr Perceptive , great comp, nice reflections, with pleasant foreground interest.(y)

George.

Got a X-E2 today with 18mm lens; I was going to get a X100s but found a great deal on the X-E2 so went for that instead and it was probably the smarter choice..

Not had much of a go yet but first impressions are AF speed is nice and quick, quite a tad quicker than I remember with my X-Pro1

I'm shooting X-E2 now also :D

Got a X-E2 today with 18mm lens; I was going to get a X100s but found a great deal on the X-E2 so went for that instead and it was probably the smarter choice..

Not had much of a go yet but first impressions are AF speed is nice and quick, quite a tad quicker than I remember with my X-Pro1
Does that say Ricoh on the box ?:)

Back