Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Realising the carbon fibre tripod i got the other day had an arca compatible head I decided to for an arca compatible grip..

Seems really decent quality and best of all no plate needed so have full access to batt/sd compartments etc...

20151015_1329352_zpsgbhn7hav.jpg

Bit of autumn colour taken with the X-E1 and XC16-50mm yesterday afternoon, quick bit of sun amongst the black clouds

London 2.jpg

love the colours in this, any PP or is SooC?

off to firework display tonight, just taking XE2 w/ 18mm, tripod, electronic shutter release and mounting Sony AS30v on hotshoe so I can video with that whilst taking pics with XE2
No special pp.
I always shoot RAW, generally I process in adobe camera RAW but with scenes with lots of foliage or greens like this I process in photo ninja.

Great shots David. Is anyone aware of any more update on the significant firmware update rumoured for this month all summer in some of the other forums?

Can someone tell if there is a huge difference between the x-e1 and x-e2?

I was underwhelmed with the x-e2 having already owned the x-e1 tbh. The evf is smoother in low light and auto focus is quicker on the x-e2, and wireless is useful. But it's not a massive improvement imo.

Depends on your photography. See the post above, AF and viewfinder is better. The image quality is the same, but the ability to get the image is improved in the XE2.

I never had an XE1 as I didn't expect it to be fast enough for street work and the viewfinder blacks out briefly. For slower more composed work, it is probably acceptable.

The image quality is the same

I have to disagree, wouldn't say one is worse than the other, but definitely different and I prefer the photos from the X-E1

something about that Fuji colour and sensor..........................

Anyway, rumours now that the XE2 firmware update to v4 or 4.1 like the XT1, promised for November 2015 may now be Jan 2016. Have a feeling that you get the best performance and value from Fuji cameras if you wait a couple of years for them to achieve the best firmware!

Anyway, rumours now that the XE2 firmware update to v4 or 4.1 like the XT1, promised for November 2015 may now be Jan 2016. Have a feeling that you get the best performance and value from Fuji cameras if you wait a couple of years for them to achieve the best firmware!

isn't that the same as anything though, I find the performance of the XE2 superb and if they improve anything with updates then bonus; I certainly would feel I am missing out on a great camera if I waited for XE2 nirvana.

It was a half truth half tongue in cheek :) I do feel though that they have deliberately held this back. The x-t1 firmware was months ago, there was I believe a Fuji official quoted as 'November', to be honest, it won't be long before a significant number upgrade their xe2, and, consequently most will have had a camera for most of their ownership wasn't at the best it could perform. Still very capable though, I love mine too.

The alternative of course is to do the same as most other manufacturers. No firmware upgrade just release a
new model with premium price.

I've often thought with the fuji xe2 xt10 xt1 etc there all fundamentally the same inside so they could make them all perform the same if thats what fuji wanted to do but then it would be harder to justify joe public spending on the more expensive models if they did that.

I haven't posted in this thread for a while at my X-E1 hasn't been used much since I got the X-T1, but I tok into Italy with me last week and, well, it still works perfectly well. The tillable screen of the X-T1 would have been handy for the low angle shots but otherwise it worked like a charm. All these three were taken with the Fuji 14mm, the first two with a Camdiox ten-stop filter. The river is the Talvera as it runs through Bolzano in northern Italy.

23044282591_d395bb174f_b.jpg

23044290501_7d05c08254_b.jpg

23033134595_e429911346_b.jpg

I haven't posted in this thread for a while at my X-E1 hasn't been used much since I got the X-T1, but I tok into Italy with me last week and, well, it still works perfectly well. The tillable screen of the X-T1 would have been handy for the low angle shots but otherwise it worked like a charm. All these three were taken with the Fuji 14mm, the first two with a Camdiox ten-stop filter. The river is the Talvera as it runs through Bolzano in northern Italy.

23044282591_d395bb174f_b.jpg

23044290501_7d05c08254_b.jpg

23033134595_e429911346_b.jpg

Three very nice images Ian, well composed with lovely warm autumn colours.(y)

George.

Reminds me of Tom Hanks in Big....
Anyway, after selling my XE2 last year and going back to Nikon, I have realised how much I missed my Fuji, so, I just ordered an XE2 kit with XF18-55 lens.
Should be here on Wednesday. :woot:

Back