The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Xt1 take my fancy cos bigger sensors Em1 for CAF this what narrows it down

I'm looking for something to accompany my D800 but I'm reluctant to move purely back to primes, the 16-55 would broadly match my Tamron 24-70 so will be interested to see how you find it!
It may be a little while before I can give a valued judgement on that. I have been used to a D800E and Nikon 24-70 so I am very interested to see how the 16-55 performs. Hubby has the 23 f/1.4 so I shall do some comparisons with that, I am not a primes person but recognise their quality.

Mine should be coming tomorrow. I am migrating to Fuji from Nikon so I have a nice bunch of kit on the way with oh so much to learn.

If you don't mind me asking where did you buy it from,the prices around seem a bit up & down at the moment :)

If you don't mind me asking where did you buy it from,the prices around seem a bit up & down at the moment :)
I bought from Clifton Cameras. For the kit I wanted, they were the same price as Mathers and I have dealt with Clifton before so I went with them.

The weirdest thing just occurred to me, I shot 1451 frames on Saturday and didn't change the battery. Is that a record? It didn't even get to 'it's flashing red so will die any second'.

Err yes, by a country mile I'd say :)

I get around 300 images on a really good day with mine. Mind you, thinking about it, I shoot RAW + jpg, wonder if that counts as 600 images. :)

I've just bought myself a Minolta 135mm for digitising my negs. I already had the Minolta bellows 2 and film holder from my days with the A7R - using a 60s 58mm f1.4 the results were on par with pro scans. However try as I might I could not get it to frame properly on the XT1 thanks to the crop. Much faffing about with other lenses I had here and I decided I needed about 100mm FL to do it. Then I found the manual, which had I bothered to read first lists various magnifications, focus distance and so on for various minolta lenses. So I bought a completely fungus ridden 135 MD, going to have some fun with it before fixing it up for neg scanning!

I have the 16-55 also, I was a little under whelmed to be fair considering the excellent reviews I read. I was still getting a lot of smearing and painterly effects with leaves and foliage unitl I realised that it was the raw conversion software causing an issue to a point. I am hoping to get out again this week and take a few more pictures and test its sharpness on something other than woodland scenes. I also have the 40-150 arriving on Friday morning.

I have the 16-55 also, I was a little under whelmed to be fair considering the excellent reviews I read. I was still getting a lot of smearing and painterly effects with leaves and foliage unitl I realised that it was the raw conversion software causing an issue to a point. I am hoping to get out again this week and take a few more pictures and test its sharpness on something other than woodland scenes. I also have the 40-150 arriving on Friday morning.

Adrian, what software do you use to process the RAWs? I was a bit worried about smeared foliage as I've read a lot about it!

Would be good to hear how you get along :)

Adrian, what software do you use to process the RAWs? I was a bit worried about smeared foliage as I've read a lot about it!

Iam using Photoshop and camera raw to process, I have found that Irident though seens to be a lot better reducing the smearing to a very manageable issue. To be fair though I thought Adobe would have been on their game with the x trams processing by now as it has been nearly three years.

Just had an email from Fuji, my cashback claim has been Validated. Was a little concerned because I placed the order for the 55-200 on March 31st but the receipt from WEX showed April 1st. I also had to send copies of the WEX confirmation emails so it looks like they used that.

Can't understand why it's going to take up to another 21 days to transfer the money to me though.

Can't understand why it's going to take up to another 21 days to transfer the money to me though.

and they'll take the full 21 (working) days as well. I *think* its a third party administering the cashback on behalf of Fuji, whiuch doesn't explain why so long but they do like to hold onto the cASH

and they'll take the full 21 (working) days as well. I *think* its a third party administering the cashback on behalf of Fuji, whiuch doesn't explain why so long but they do like to hold onto the cASH

Yeah, figured on something like like that. It's not really an issue though so I can wait.

Rumoured version 4.0 firmware will 'be like having a new camera' coming some time in May apparently with a massive focus on a autofocus.

I hope this is true, could be as early as May 11th

David,

Did you have a OMD too? If you did do you say the XT 1 is better? In what ways pls? I am wanting one of these system but am going to keep the d750 too for mean time

Rumoured version 4.0 firmware will 'be like having a new camera' coming some time in May apparently with a massive focus on a autofocus.

I hope this is true, could be as early as May 11th

I would guess that it will work will all lenses unless they bring out separate firmware updates for individual lenses.

Yep, i did. And a couple of Nikon aps-c setups.

The Fuji is a nice system. This body is the top of the line Fuji where as i had the e-m10 so not directly comparable. A few people here have young kids so maybe they could help you out a bit with your questions. Haven't found it lacking in anything i have asked of it yet.

The Oly is a smaller system over all though.

Yep, i did. And a couple of Nikon aps-c setups.

The Fuji is a nice system. This body is the top of the line Fuji where as i had the e-m10 so not directly comparable. A few people here have young kids so maybe they could help you out a bit with your questions. Haven't found it lacking in anything i have asked of it yet.

The Oly is a smaller system over all though.
Thanks. I think I am lowering my asking out of these cameras now. How do you find the camera af wise for general use and landscape. Do images render good.

Am tempted as there a free grip too. Is the 18-135 kit lens good?

One thing temp me to oly is it excellent 5 axis IS

I have a problem, can someone help?
I'm trying to connect my XT-1 to do tethered shooting.
I have a number of USB cables with mini connectors, but non fit. The terminal in the XT-1 is different from my other cameras.
The handbook says that these have to be bought separately, b ut being a bit of a techno wimp I don't know what the correct name for these connectors is. Can anyone help? Someone must have bought one so any pointers would be appreciated.

I have a problem, can someone help?
I'm trying to connect my XT-1 to do tethered shooting.
I have a number of USB cables with mini connectors, but non fit. The terminal in the XT-1 is different from my other cameras.
The handbook says that these have to be bought separately, b ut being a bit of a techno wimp I don't know what the correct name for these connectors is. Can anyone help? Someone must have bought one so any pointers would be appreciated.

It's a micro USB port. If you have an android phone the lead from that should be the same. However as far as I'm aware the software required for tethering is not available yet, nor the plug in for lightroom tethering.

Just had an email from Fuji, my cashback claim has been Validated. Was a little concerned because I placed the order for the 55-200 on March 31st but the receipt from WEX showed April 1st. I also had to send copies of the WEX confirmation emails so it looks like they used that.

According to a rep I spoke to a while back, the 21 day delay is because some people have bought kit (not only photographic), used the codes to claim cashback then returned the kit for a refund. As long as people are aware of a probable delay and aren't relying on a fairly instant payout, I can't see a problem as long as the money comes within a reasonable period.

According to a rep I spoke to a while back, the 21 day delay is because some people have bought kit (not only photographic), used the codes to claim cashback then returned the kit for a refund. As long as people are aware of a probable delay and aren't relying on a fairly instant payout, I can't see a problem as long as the money comes within a reasonable period.

I can understand that and I don't have a problem with it per se. As long as the money comes in then I'm not really bothered, was more curious really.

It's a micro USB port. If you have an android phone the lead from that should be the same. However as far as I'm aware the software required for tethering is not available yet, nor the plug in for lightroom tethering.

Thanks for that. I have a Samsung Galaxy and I've checked that cable too, but it doesn't fit.

Tehtered is something I'm looking at trying. My brother in law uses tethered Lightroom regularly (or says he does) on his laptop for studio work with his 5D3. I've just connected my 5D3 up and the camera hasn't been detected. Something odd here.

I've followed Library>File>Tethered Capture. Maybe I should start a separate thread about this.

Thanks for that. I have a Samsung Galaxy and I've checked that cable too, but it doesn't fit.

I had a similar issue with the charger from my HTC but I managed to get it to fit eventually. I generally find micro USB to be a little tight fitting, I often struggle to get it into the phone it came with!

As for tethering, it was something I could do easily with the Sony as the camera came with software that enabled it. As said camera is coming up to 8 years old, I'm quite surprised that caeras don't come with this as standard these days.

Well...developments. I changed the cable connecting the 5D to the PC and it now works. That's odd.

As to the android cable the connectors are a completely different shape so it's not just a tight fit that's the problem. I thought Europs had said that all connectors had to be the same across every range? Think I'll start the Google exercise!

We are. The Android connector for my Samsung phone doesn't fit the XT-1.
The Canon was just an example of connecting to LR for tethered purposes which I want to do with the Fuji but can't find a cable.

Which Samsung galaxy do you have? I've got an S2 cable and an S3 cable and they both fit. ( standard micro usb) I thought all Samsung were micro usb. Sorry to ask but have you tried turning the connector over?

We are. The Android connector for my Samsung phone doesn't fit the XT-1

Ok, so you're saying that the cable from your Samsung phone doesn't fit your X-T1? Is that connector a different shape.

As far as I'm aware, Android phones all use Micro USB so, if my HTC cable fits my X-T1, I can't think of any reason why your Samsung wouldn't be the same.

Ok, so you're saying that the cable from your Samsung phone doesn't fit your X-T1? Is that connector a different shape.

As far as I'm aware, Android phones all use Micro USB so, if my HTC cable fits my X-T1, I can't think of any reason why your Samsung wouldn't be the same.

Yeah, that's it. The cable from the Samsung Galaxy doesn't fit the XT-1. It's a completely different shape. The cables that I have as micro(?) USB connectors that fit my 5D3 and other things don't fit the XT-1 either.

Yeah, that's it. The cable from the Samsung Galaxy doesn't fit the XT-1. It's a completely different shape. The cables that I have as micro(?) USB connectors that fit my 5D3 and other things don't fit the XT-1 either.

Strange as the X-T1 is definitely micro USB. I know it sounds a daft question but you are definitely looking at the correct port aren't you?

Back