The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Either way you wouldve gotten a good camera. (y)

My favourite 2 camera combo if I could afford both systems with associated lenses and accessories!!

I figured the D800 is already the best FX thing I can own for the price and I'm happy with my lenses so why duplicate?

I figured the D800 is already the best FX thing I can own for the price and I'm happy with my lenses so why duplicate?

Kind of, depends what you wanted the camera for. If its work the D750 cant really be beat, its just such a good performer and does everything really well. As a take anywhere/travel cam the XT1 is lovely, its a compromise between size and performance.

... the way I see it, M43 has size but lacks sensor, A series has sensor but lacks lenses, Fuji is the middle ground in terms of sensor but IMO the leader overall in terms of system.

You know, at £75 off the first lens but £150 off subsequent ones maybe all of us interested in one should club together to max our discounts :p

... the way I see it, M43 has size but lacks sensor, A series has sensor but lacks lenses, Fuji is the middle ground in terms of sensor but IMO the leader overall in terms of system.

Agreed, and the lenses are great!

Barry, where abouts are you? Which Center Parcs? You're welcome to borrow my 23 if you want?

Lemme know (y)

Unfortunately not the Nottingham one! We'll be over near the Lake District. I'd love to have borrowed the 23mm as it's something I'll probably be looking at to replace those 2 lenses eventually (So if you can get it in the post tomorrow for delivery Friday, that'd be great :))

I used to love the Nikon 85mm on my D7000, so was contemplating the 56mm, but I think the 23mm would see much more use and be much better as a general purpose walk around lens. These lenses aren't cheap either, especially the 56mm!

Going to have a play with the Helios this weekend to decide if I'll end up using it much or not... the other Helios is just going up in the Classifieds if anyone wants to experiment with it for £20 (Cost me £29 the other week, doh!)

Cheers Chris.

So if you buy (for example) a 10-24mm and a 18-135mm you would get £225 + £75 = £300 cashback? :eek:

So confused right now, need to create an excel spreadsheet just to decide whether or not to whip out the credit card :p

Would jump at an X-T1 at £550 but you never see them advertised at that price!

It's funny also how grey import Fujis aren't much cheaper than UK stock (and more expensive than Fuji refurb) - very much unlike almost every other manufacturer :confused:

I was lucky as i picked up a used xt1 off of here with a cracked screen hardly notices but works perfectly i just put a ggs glass cover over it body cost me £350 just had to buy it.

Cheers Chris.

So if you buy (for example) a 10-24mm and a 18-135mm you would get £225 + £75 = £300 cashback? :eek:

If you add a x-t1, yes.

Reading the leaflet I don't think the XT1 is a requirement actually, in fact it specifically excludes the 18-135 as part of an XT-1 kit.

T&C is here http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/imag...motion_TCs_21_05_15-03_08_15._V304635641_.pdf

Looks like the lenses don't need to be bought at the same time but do need to be bought within 30 days as the claim needs to go in no later than 30 days after the first purchase.
I do want to get a couple of lenses but not sure what to get to accompany the 16-55!

I was lucky as i picked up a used xt1 off of here with a cracked screen hardly notices but works perfectly i just put a ggs glass cover over it body cost me £350 just had to buy it.

Good price! I've just paid around £630 for a used one from MPB Photographic, thought it was less risky than a brand new one (even with the cashback) in-case I decided I hated it!

Reading the leaflet I don't think the XT1 is a requirement actually, in fact it specifically excludes the 18-135 as part of an XT-1 kit.

T&C is here http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/imag...motion_TCs_21_05_15-03_08_15._V304635641_.pdf

Looks like the lenses don't need to be bought at the same time but do need to be bought within 30 days as the claim needs to go in no later than 30 days after the first purchase.
I do want to get a couple of lenses but not sure what to get to accompany the 16-55!

I thought he meant 3 separate transactions....

1) 10-24
2) 18-135
3) X-T1

I thought he meant 3 separate transactions....

1) 10-24
2) 18-135
3) X-T1

Think you would get £75 for 10-24, £150 for £18-135 (second lens), £75 bonus for 18-135 plus £75 for X-T1 if you bought that way! However the X-T1 + 18-135 kit discounts the lens to a similar price anyway and you get a bonus free battery grip (which I'd never use).

However much as it's tempting I definitely can't see myself going for an X-T1. The X-T10 is £300 cheaper and the only thing I want extra is that big EVF so can't be justified... (stay strong, stay strong)

Think you would get £75 for 10-24, £150 for £18-135 (second lens), £75 bonus for 18-135 plus £75 for X-T1 if you bought that way! However the X-T1 + 18-135 kit discounts the lens to a similar price anyway and you get a bonus free battery grip (which I'd never use).

However much as it's tempting I definitely can't see myself going for an X-T1. The X-T10 is £300 cheaper and the only thing I want extra is that big EVF so can't be justified... (stay strong, stay strong)

I think thats right, I almost bought a new XT1 with the 18-135 and free grip as I'd like the grip but didn't want to just end up selling the lens.
I went into Calumet last night and to be fair to them price matched the grip to £158 at Mathers and have held on to my 16-55 for me so I can get the cashback but buying it today.

I been saving for the 16-55 F2.8 so was waiting for another cashback,then thought max credit card out might go for 50-140 F2.8 and get the £225 cashback :D

I been saving for the 16-55 F2.8 so was waiting for another cashback,then thought max credit card out might go for 50-140 F2.8 and get the £225 cashback :D

Nice, I fancy the 50-140 as well but it won't be yet (70-200 f4 VR on the D800 will do for now), I'll likely get something else alongside the 16-55 unsure between the 10-24 or 14mm and maybe the 35

Then i found this vid...

I enjoyed that. He seems very passionate, which is good :D and I think it's nice to see people shots with some context and that aren't tight head shots with zero DoF taken with an 85/135+ lens at f1.4 which seems to be the current norm.

Well, got the grip and fitted it. On first impressions it's very good. Fits well, looks nice and seems to be well made to boot. Never seen an official grip, but this seems pretty smart to me! No idea about the remote jobby and mine has come with a mcoplus lens cleaning pen thing aswell. Both items back in the box and the grip will probably stay on the camera all the time now. The finish also feels nice in the hand, infact, probably a little more to my taste than that on the main camera grip.

Will give it a run out and let you know how it gets on!

Well, got the grip and fitted it. On first impressions it's very good. Fits well, looks nice and seems to be well made to boot. Never seen an official grip, but this seems pretty smart to me! No idea about the remote jobby and mine has come with a mcoplus lens cleaning pen thing aswell. Both items back in the box and the grip will probably stay on the camera all the time now. The finish also feels nice in the hand, infact, probably a little more to my taste than that on the main camera grip.

Will give it a run out and let you know how it gets on!

so first impressions, is it worth the £60 (with remote and pen thingy?)

Where do you all get your money from? sob, sob, sob :(

Yes. Works exactly as it should.

If you're in the market for a grip then I'd highly suggest considering saving yourself £100+ and getting this version. I'm assuming the official one is weather sealed and this one won't be so bare that in mind if that's important to you.

Back