The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Playing with or annoying, Marc?

Well Mysti was too busy watching the birds to notice me but Jake was asleep when I got there so that one's a distinct possibility.* :D

*although it can also be regarding as payback and I think you'll get my meaning. ;)

Turns out I didn't use the Manual Helios 58mm 44m-4 this weekend, just kept the 50-230 attached. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, didn't really miss the 35mm.

The ISO was whacked up as the wildlife always seemed to appear as it was getting dark out the back of our lodge!

Red Squirrel by bazfoster, on Flickr

Last edited:
Not enjoying the Fooji experience then? :LOL:

Not so far, no. The XT-1 is a nice camera but didn't like the size of the 16-55 (great IQ wise though) it was returned to Calumet today.
I'm going to try using a few Nikon lenses using an adaptor before I invest in more Fuji glass, not fully sold on the system yet!

Going to keep mine,not having to many problems with the size,really liking the lens :)

Great lens IQ and AF wise!

Added a few wedding pics to Flickr. The compression when posting to TP murders a few of these, the group shot in particular holds up to close scrutiny beautifully on Flickr itself...

Great shots Chris, and your right the group shot looks great on Flickr

Not so far, no. The XT-1 is a nice camera but didn't like the size of the 16-55 (great IQ wise though) it was returned to Calumet today.
I'm going to try using a few Nikon lenses using an adaptor before I invest in more Fuji glass, not fully sold on the system yet!

Great lens IQ and AF wise!

Your right AF & IQ spot on,are you still going to try and return yours ? :)

Decided against the 35mm after reading some of the comments here. I've bought a 27mm from classifieds which I think ill do me just fine, don't really need faster than f2.8

So my kit is now:

X-T1
18-55mm
27mm
50mm (Olympus)
55-200mm

Very happy with that little lot. :)

Yeah! Going to try the XT1 with my Nikon manual glass, however I think someone will be getting a bargain on the classifieds shortly if I'm honest, but its been well worth getting a proper try of it to make my mind up on the camera.

Yeah! Going to try the XT1 with my Nikon manual glass, however I think someone will be getting a bargain on the classifieds shortly if I'm honest, but its been well worth getting a proper try of it to make my mind up on the camera.

I'll give you £350 for it. The precedent has already been set lol

So, am considering selling the 23 for the 16-55. Am i crazy? I hate the fact it extends when it zooms, but can't help but think it will be more versatile for what i shoot and my style. Hmmm...

You have serious GAS issues:D personally I would slow down, and spend a a lot more time with what you already have, that is unless you are trying to sample every Fuji lens before moving onto a different system!!!!! You like shooting wide open, so really the 23f1.4 is for you!!!(y)

Maybe picking up a cheap 18-55 would be a better option? Smaller, lighter and would allow me to keep the 23. It would also be a cheaper solution as the difference i would have to add would be around £350 for the 16-55 but could pick up a used 18-55 for around £200-220.

Maybe picking up a cheap 18-55 would be a better option? Smaller, lighter and would allow me to keep the 23. It would also be a cheaper solution as the difference i would have to add would be around £350 for the 16-55 but could pick up a used 18-55 for around £200-220.

I wish people would stop trying different lenses!! ;)

I was just about to click 'buy' on a 23mm and 55-200mm now I have confirmation that i will get the cashback offer from Fuji.
Having seen your shots with the 23mm David, I was sold. Now i'm thinking that as I have the 18-55, do I really need it? should I go for the 16-55? is the 55-200 worth it?

So, is the 23mm really that good? its a lot of money for a small 'thing' and i'm just an enthusiast and have never earn't a penny from any of my shots!

The 18-135 covers most needs other than shallow DoF. :whistle:

Yes, the 23 is really that good. I do like it.

The missus made me set up a fb page for my photography and rather surprisingly quite a few people have been in touch and asked if i do photography for other people, so like a dim wit i have said yes and a few have booked in etc so now i am thinking that i need a 'normal' zoom just to cover myself if the 23 isn't wide enough or if i need to get closer and risk them looking a little out of proportion so have the ability to go up to 55 from where I'm stood. Hmmm....

First couple are tomorrow night so i will see how i get on i think and decide from there.

I also think that the 16-55 will behave a lot like the bazooka with regards to motorsport and gives me the option to go REALLY wide if i need to and would be shooting at f11-16 mostly so having f1.4 isn't a major concern for this kind of stuff. Having said that, i really would miss the shallower dof i think.

BUT... I do need a second body as my sensor is filthy. Shooting at small apertures is a real PITA when it comes to editing. :LOL:

Did someone say GAS???

Thanks David. I've seen a couple of your shots on the XT1 facebook groups, especially the latest silverstone shots.They are cracking photos and do prove that the fuji can handle most things. I think the 23mm will be on its way to me very shortly.....
As for wide shots, I'm really enjoying using my Samyang 12mm and can recommend it for a much cheaper alternative.

Sensor cleaning - I've noticed a copy of spots on a few shots i've recently taken so mine may need a clean. Has anyone used a kit or product that they could recommend? I

I use Visible Dust swabs and fluid, never use a blower as I feel it just blows the dirt about, only to come back to the sensor later. http://www.visibledust.com/index.php

Sometimes it takes a couple of cleans, as you manage to leave a spot the first time around. It's not hard but can take a bit of time and patience. Easy to check though, with test images at f16/22 of a light grey - just off white background (not full bright white)

Back