The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Here's a few from the Lakes, the Keswick Mountain Festival. The first couple on the cheap 50-230mm and the second 2 on the 18-55mm kit lens.

Danny and the Champions of the World
Danny-and-the-Champions-of-the-World3 by Andy, on Flickr

Andy from Dodgy
Andy-from-Dodgy2 by Andy, on Flickr

Derwent Island
Derwent-Island2 by Andy, on Flickr

Spring-Colour by Andy, on Flickr

And a couple from last weekend on Scafell Pike. Sca Fell from Lingmell.

28-S-P-Sca-Fell by Andy, on Flickr

And finally a 4 shot pano of Great End, Scafell Pike and Sca Fell
Great-End,-Scafell-Pike-&-Sca-Fell-from-Lingmell by Andy, on Flickr

I just keep loving the little X-T1 more every time I use it.

Andy

Yeah I'll swap you my 18 for your 23mm...

I'd rather have the 23mm, with people shooting you can move around (zoom) then 16-55 is a cracker but I love shooting between 1.2-2.8 and rarely shoot anything above that. I hate extending lenses too, although I put up with it on my Canon 17-55 2.8.

I'm still convinced I'll be happy with Samyang 12, 16, 23,56, 50-140 and 1.4TC and maybe an 18-55 as purely backup. Although my bank balance disagrees with me!

Well, to get some conversation going help me to make my mind up between the X-T1 and X-T10 as an upgrade to my X-E1! I don't think the smaller buffer or lack of weather sealing are big deals, however there are some considerations:

X-T10:
  • £300 saved to go toward lenses
  • Can get it in silver for no additional £
  • Recessed exposure compensation dial
  • Auto mode for girlfriend use :p

X-T1:
  • OMG that EVF!!
  • More suitable body for larger lenses like the 10-24mm?
  • Greater firmware support in future as the flagship model? Or will this be the other way round?
  • Prefer the looks, will have better build quality
Which one will have the lower depreciation? Cheaper bodies like the X-E1/X-E2 have plummeted which makes me think the X-T10 could suffer the same fate

Damn, some people won't have it about motorsport. Wonder how much i can wind them up on the Fuji X Photographers fb page :D

Troll... :LOL:
Go on then...give us some tips about panning etc. I've tried and failed, so need some help.

In general or specifically with the X-T1? I used the settings that @ukaskew told me to and it worked a treat. AF-C and CH then see how slow you can go with the shutter. :D
With the X-T1. I've managed it often enough with the Canon, but never cracked it with this.

Last edited:
Well, to get some conversation going help me to make my mind up between the X-T1 and X-T10 as an upgrade to my X-E1! I don't think the smaller buffer or lack of weather sealing are big deals, however there are some considerations:

X-T10:

X-T1:
  • OMG that EVF!!
  • Greater firmware support in future as the flagship model? Or will this be the other way round?
Which one will have the lower depreciation? Cheaper bodies like the X-E1/X-E2 have plummeted which makes me think the X-T10 could suffer the same fate

One of each :D

Reactions: JYC

X-T10:

X-T1:
  • OMG that EVF!!

Just swapped my 16-55 with the 10-24 to use for ultra wide shots. The 10-24 is no longer large and heavy ;) ;)

Reactions: JYC
Worth a read ;)

http://www.chrisharrisonphotography.com/fuji-x-blog/2015/4/11/fuji-motorsport-guide

Still some of resistance to motorsport photography with Fuji gear (and from Fuji users, weirdly), struggling to get my head around that a little. A guy recently told me it was fine as long I didn't have standards!

Meh

Japfest 2015 by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

Actual lols. :D

A guy on fb told me that what i was doing was nothing as people used to shoot motorsport with film cameras and manual lenses then tried to tell me that i had pre focused on the spot where the car was going to be because the fuji couldn't catch them with the AF... They've obviously never tried to manually focus the 50-140... I'd still be there now trying to do it! Nobbers.

Going to go to Oulton Park for the BTCC next i think so will see how well my crap sports camera does there. :D

Yes, I was thinking of Oulton Park and the BTCC but her indoors has booked me into Portugal for the week, so that's the end of that!

Yeh, can't wait to see how much it improves the camera. You'll have to let us know if it improves the 23 much. Hopefully it will improve the 'cheap' 50-230 in that respect as optically I find it very good.

My X-E2 & 50-230 went to wex a few days ago, which now means I'm going down to Devon for a couple of weeks and won't have anything longer than the 56 with me. I'll arrive home hopefully to a shiny new 55-200 & X-T10 though.

Had to get an X-E1 for Mrs Sprout to use on Holiday :oops: :$

Back