The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Silly Billy.

I seem to have had a massive attack of FF GAS but I'm trying my hardest to fend it off. Damn.

minnnt,

Another system change - oh yeah!!!!

The sooner you work with multiple systems the better!!!

This is what I do:-

Serious daytime photo trip

Fuji X-E1, Fuji X-E2, Samyang 8mm, XF14mm, XF18-55mm, XC50-230mm, Nikon J1 IR Coverted + 10mm, Filters, Tripod

Serious low-light photo trip

One Fuji plus one lens, Canon 6D, 24-70mm IS, Filters, Tripod

Less serious photo trip

Any combination of the above

Want to take a camera with me

Fuji X100

Just bobbing about

Fuji XF1

The trick is not to duplicate all lenses in all systems, think about the uses for the camera body and only buy the lenses required for that task!!! But obviously GAS and Extreme GAS can get in the way!!!!

minnnt,

Another system change - oh yeah!!!!

The sooner you work with multiple systems the better!!!

This is what I do:-

Serious daytime photo trip

Fuji X-E1, Fuji X-E2, Samyang 8mm, XF14mm, XF18-55mm, XC50-230mm, Nikon J1 IR Coverted + 10mm, Filters, Tripod

Serious low-light photo trip

One Fuji plus one lens, Canon 6D, 24-70mm IS, Filters, Tripod

Less serious photo trip

Any combination of the above

Want to take a camera with me

Fuji X100

Just bobbing about

Fuji XF1

The trick is not to duplicate all lenses in all systems, think about the uses for the camera body and only buy the lenses required for that task!!! But obviously GAS and Extreme GAS can get in the way!!!!
Bloody hell you've got more cameras than Jessops :LOL:

I'm not sure why it's happened. Lol. I keep totting up in my head what i can get for my kit and what i could replace it with. No idea why i do this to myself. Lol. Just need to stick it out until the new firmware arrives and see how much the low light focusing has been improved.

I'm not sure why it's happened. Lol. I keep totting up in my head what i can get for my kit and what i could replace it with. No idea why i do this to myself. Lol. Just need to stick it out until the new firmware arrives and see how much the low light focusing has been improved.

Think of the glass, the glass.....

There is not a lot of price change for equivalent glass in any system. A decent 70-200 will rush you the same as the Fuji 50-140 and a decent 24-70 is pretty similar to a Fuji 16-55.

You just need to settle on a body (or my case bodies).

I bought the 6D for two reasons, one I had a FF urge and two, I wanted really decent low light performance, which you can 'only' get from large pixels (ie a low to medium resolution FF sensor). I've bought one decent lens for it, and maybe I'll buy one more but thats it. The Fuji's are my usual weapon of choice.

I just suffer from an inability to part with cameras!! Still have one of the first Fuji digital cameras (with TIFF file output!), it still works!!!!

fujicameras.jpg

I know that feeling well. It's amazing the amount of used envelopes I put in the bin that have my current bodies, lenses and prices next to a want list of another body and lenses. Reckon if I spent as much time using the cameras as I do working out how much I could trade them for I'd be a lot happier. The X-E2 got sent off after owning it for six months and less than 300 shots taken.

It's all going to change though when the X-T10 arrives! I'll have all the lenses I need and a couple I wanted and two bodies that operate in a similar manner. The X100s as my pocketable option. Might keep the X-E1 but it will probably go after our holiday. So that's me set for the foreseeable future.

Unless of course the chance to trade the X-T10 for an X-T1 at low cost comes up, or if the X100T drops markedly in price or or or.............................

*whispers* d750

It's horrible isn't it? Will try and stick it out. Got a few bookings for portrait shoots now so i need to be comfortable with my system and don't want to look like even more of a dick than i already do if i can't get it to focus. Ha.

It's horrible isn't it? Will try and stick it out. Got a few bookings for portrait shoots now so i need to be comfortable with my system and don't want to look like even more of a dick than i already do if i can't get it to focus. Ha.

There are loads of professional togs out there (worldwide) shooting with the Fuji system. Your Lily and Mr. Ginger (I'll keep that under my hat) images are stunning, why do you think a gear change will make them better? The only thing a gear change will do is effect your wallet and not in a good way!!!

*whispers* d750

It's been coming for a while or a D610,;) I think Chris threw him a bit of GAS Juice yesterday with the A7ii:D

My 50mm just turned up, of to play with some FF goodness.:exit:

Last edited:
It's been coming for a while or a D610,;) I think Chris threw him a bit of GAS Juice yesterday with the A7ii:D

My 50mm just turned up, of to play with some FF goodness.:exit:

Been down the road of Sony FE (twice), wont go there again for a while, for me its not a main system. But will consider APSC E mount, its matured enough now to make it worthwhile for me to go back there again for a grab n go camera.

The D750 just does everything incredibly well so Im not even considering anything to replace it as my main camera, and I change cameras/systems a lot.

Last edited:
Chris has had him thinking by going back to FF. He's got that little niggle/itch like we all have, I just counted and I have had 14 cameras over the last couple of years, inc P&S ones, you've probably had more.

Seriously, although the XT1 is excellent, theres something about the D750, it's just a great camera along with some of the lenses.. I just had the 50mm delivered and run off a few shots and for £136.00 you can't fault it for the money. May add the 35 & 85mm in time. When you think, you are probably only spending a few quid more than the Fuji 56mm and you get three capable Nikon FX lenses, 35, 50 & 85mm.

I loved my XT1 but it was un-suitable for my current needs and uses, if I could afford it I would have one now. Just need to sort out my Nikon long lens and I will probably then buy a XT1 and 35mm for going out.

Sorry David if I'm not helping you here!

Interesting stuff here...

http://theonlinephotographer.typepa...r-headroom-fujis-x-trans-sensor.html#comments

and for people who don't want to click on the link... this guy is saying that the Fuji sensor is an old Sony sensor with a filter in front of it. Is that true? I thought the Fuji sensor was a different and unique thing?

The article also links to the following which is a guy making Nikon shots look like Fuji...

http://photo.rwboyer.com/2014/01/05/fuji-x100s-vs-nikon-d600/

Yup, a lot of what goes on with Fuji files is baked in, jpg and RAW. Noise processing, false exposure etc. Which does annoy me a little because everyone goes on about how well they handle noise, that was kind of true a few sensor generations ago and I wouldve agreed back then to a certain extent but look more closely at the files and whats going on is more obvious.

Chris has had him thinking by going back to FF. He's got that little niggle/itch like we all have, I just counted and I have had 14 cameras over the last couple of years, inc P&S ones, you've probably had more.

Seriously, although the XT1 is excellent, theres something about the D750, it's just a great camera along with some of the lenses.. I just had the 50mm delivered and run off a few shots and for £136.00 you can't fault it for the money. May add the 35 & 85mm in time. When you think, you are probably only spending a few quid more than the Fuji 56mm and you get three capable Nikon FX lenses, 35, 50 & 85mm.

I loved my XT1 but it was un-suitable for my current needs and uses, if I could afford it I would have one now. Just need to sort out my Nikon long lens and I will probably then buy a XT1 and 35mm for going out.

Sorry David if I'm not helping you here!

I did think about a Nikon D750,but i just cant carry a large camera around anymore with the Nikon lens i like :(

I did think about a Nikon D750,but i just cant carry a large camera around anymore with the Nikon lens i like :(

It's the same for me unless the wife carries it, although I may manage with just the 50mm prime I had today.. I will get a XT1 again when finances allow and when I had the last one she would carry in her handbag with the 35mm attached. It was great for going to the football, been using the XF1 lately for going out.

It's the same for me unless the wife carries it, although I may manage with just the 50mm prime I had today.. I will get a XT1 again when finances allow and when I had the last one she would carry in her handbag with the 35mm attached. It was great for going to the football, been using the XF1 lately for going out.

No wife here,plus i have no car,so everything has to be carry by me,so now try to keep as light as possible :)

Gah can we stop with all this FF talk please, giving me a bad case of GAS now I have had a peek at the Sony A7 mkII after all this chat! Think the weighty lenses would still deter me though.

Not going back to full frame anytime soon, I really don't miss it. I'm not saying the Fuji's are better but they are more fun to use (for me) I used to lug around a Canon 5D Mk11 with 124-70 & 70-200 f2.8 that was the minimum, I would then also have the Sigma 50mm or 85mm or Canon 17-40 depending on my plans for shooting. I would carry the whole lot around for a day and get home knackered and spend the evening being depressed about how crap my shots were.

Skip forward to now I go out with the X-T1 and a bag full of primes, get home and look at all the crap shots I took and think back to the joy it was in taking them.

Just had WEX on the phone to confirm my trade value and placed my pre-order for the X-T10 kit in Silver.

Yup, a lot of what goes on with Fuji files is baked in, jpg and RAW. Noise processing, false exposure etc. Which does annoy me a little because everyone goes on about how well they handle noise, that was kind of true a few sensor generations ago and I wouldve agreed back then to a certain extent but look more closely at the files and whats going on is more obvious.

I thought it was a different sensor... the arrangement of the colours and all... but it's just a filter? Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter how it gets the "look" as long as it gets it. To me the appeal of the system isn't in the sensor or Fuji processing it's in the retro compact form, the manual dials and the nice lenses so no need to panic about these articles :D

How long did it take Wex to get round to doing yours Colin? Mine seems to be in a queue - they got it on Wednesday

How long did it take Wex to get round to doing yours Colin? Mine seems to be in a queue - they got it on Wednesday

I had the email to say they received the camera and lens on Tuesday, then a phonecall this afternoon to confirm the values.

I thought it was a different sensor... the arrangement of the colours and all... but it's just a filter? Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter how it gets the "look" as long as it gets it. To me the appeal of the system isn't in the sensor or Fuji processing it's in the retro compact form, the manual dials and the nice lenses so no need to panic about these articles :D

Sure, its a great system, fantastic handling (especially the X100/s/t and the X-T1) and the lenses are superb. It has its quirks and I wouldve liked an updated sensor by now but if I had about 2k on top of all my other main gear its highly likely Id go for another XT1 + fast primes. The other more likely option would be the A6000 35/50 OSS and save a fair few quid.

Gah can we stop with all this FF talk please, giving me a bad case of GAS now I have had a peek at the Sony A7 mkII after all this chat! Think the weighty lenses would still deter me though.

Yep can we have are tread back please :D

I still keep looking and the main problem for me to get over at the moment is the relatively low max ISO for raw. If I do buy one I'd probably only get one native lens, the 35mm and from what I've read it's good but arguably in need of fettling to make it as good a package as the latter lenses. Another issue for me is that it'll close a bit of the gap I have at the moment between MFT and the A7 and the differentiation between the two is what makes them good partners for me. Those manual dials are nice though :D

Yep can we have are tread back please :D

Don't believe everything you read. If you are interested try them for yourself. I only have two native lenses, the kit lens and the excellent 55mm and both are actually quite compact and surprisingly light.

35mm @ F4, fantastic lens, bargain at its price, nice size, AF can be a bit dodgy. XE-1.

Last edited:
Ok, to get back on track and to stop me looking at used D800's... Here's one from last nights photoshoot. Never really done anything for other people before, let alone being paid to do so too!

Like Father Like Son
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Another one tomorrow, outdoors this time so we will see what my imagination can come up with.... :wideyed:

That looks good to me,just show that your kit you have is fine :)

Don't believe everything you read. If you are interested try them for yourself. I only have two native lenses, the kit lens and the excellent 55mm and both are actually quite compact and surprisingly light.

Theses days i mainly shoot just street photographer,so i don't really need the large files sizes of any FF camera,but some people do :)

Back