The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I had mine delivered last night and I think this camera is awesome.. really is in a different league to the 7D which I just find very clunky and old skool.. This is quirky and just really well made..

Really looking forward to using it properly over the weekend.

I had mine delivered last night and I think this camera is awesome.. really is in a different league to the 7D which I just find very clunky and old skool.. This is quirky and just really well made..

"Enjoy" they are one terrific bit of kit.:):)

George.

Anyone have any experience of the Kaza Leather full case.. ideally would like something that provides full coverage rather than the half case.. Im off on holiday next month so would like a decent enough strap and protection so I can use this all the time..

Just one other thing.. are there any requirements for a lens filter to protect it.

Anyone got the 35 and the 60? How do they compare? Does the 35 focus quicker?
They are both slow to focus as being 2 of the first X lenses. I never found them slow but I guess it's what you are comparing them against. I had no intention of using a 35mm F1. 4 for sports so I never had any issue with focus speed...hehe

Anyone got the 35 and the 60? How do they compare? Does the 35 focus quicker?

The 35mm is very slick with its AF the 60mm is ok in good light but can be sluggish from time to time. It does struggle to focus on metal and shiny objects in the macro mode. That said its not a true macro lens and does not achieve 1:1 ratio.

I sold my 60mm and replaced it with a Zeiss Touit 50mm f/2.8. It's also a true macro achieving 1:1 capability optically its sharper than the 60mm. It's a very versatile lens not only is great for macro it's also an ideal focal length for portraits and gives s very pleasant bokeh when opened up.

If you were going to choose either a 35mm or a 60mm I would go for the 35mm as I would consider it the best lens out of the two. However, your decision should be subject driven. If you are shooting more portraits go for the 60mm

Last edited:

I've had mine a couple of days now and really like it but I keep opening the battery compartment to get to the SD card :)

The 35mm is a lot faster than the 60mm IMHO. I had the 60mm for one day to do close ups and just couldn't live with its slow focus speed and awful manual focus. If I didn't have the 56mm I would definitely have the 60mm but only for portrait work.

Just received my amazing 16-55mm F2.8 and what a lens. First impressions, build quality is the best I have seen in the Fuji range. It is not a light lens but weight is not an issue for me and I use my xt1 with grips all the time. Focus is very very fast, silent and accurate. Image quality is just what one would expect from a Fuji lens, sharp wide open from 16mm all the way to 55mm and across the whole frame. I am glad I kept all my 77mm filters from my Nikon days :) Bokeh is subjective but I am very pleased with what I m seeing.

I did try the 50-140mm F2.8 at the camera store which is also amazing but I am happy with just the 16-55mm for the time being :D

Just received my amazing 16-55mm F2.8 and what a lens. First impressions, build quality is the best I have seen in the Fuji range. It is not a light lens but weight is not an issue for me and I use my xt1 with grips all the time. Focus is very very fast, silent and accurate. Image quality is just what one would expect from a Fuji lens, sharp wide open from 16mm all the way to 55mm and across the whole frame. I am glad I kept all my 77mm filters from my Nikon days :) Bokeh is subjective but I am very pleased with what I m seeing.

I did try the 50-140mm F2.8 at the camera store which is also amazing but I am happy with just the 16-55mm for the time being :D

Still on my list to get :)

I'm seriously considering one, but a imminent xpro2 is making me hold off, atm I have the xe1 and it's definitely fine for travel use. Grown quite fond of it actually the more I travel with it .

I saw a side by side comparison pic of the xpro1 and the xt1 and i was surprised at how much bigger the xpro looked. I saw it in Jessops a few weeks back and it looked massive to me. I'm very happy with my xt1. I've tried the Olympus em10 and it was just too small for me as a system. The xt fits me perfectly. Doubt I'd feel the same about a 'flat' camera body like the xpro. (assuming the 2 is going to be very similar to the 1?)

I saw a side by side comparison pic of the xpro1 and the xt1 and i was surprised at how much bigger the xpro looked. I saw it in Jessops a few weeks back and it looked massive to me. I'm very happy with my xt1. I've tried the Olympus em10 and it was just too small for me as a system. The xt fits me perfectly. Doubt I'd feel the same about a 'flat' camera body like the xpro. (assuming the 2 is going to be very similar to the 1?)
So you are sticking now? :)

So you are sticking now? :)

I don't want to say... :LOL: I've said 'I'm keeping this setup' about every change I've ever made. :D

It's a very nice system and one i have enjoyed using so far. Just need to sort out a few other lenses and I'll be better equipped for what i want out of my photography atm. The 56 looks promising for my style so hopefully will be able to add that one sometime next month. Need to sort a wider option too but I'm not sure which. Perhaps the Samyang 12mm is the one...

Last edited:
Fuji xpro2 not until next year I was told. So I might just get the xt1 to add to my xpro1 xe1 and x100
Good job I had a lot of Nikon gear to sell...

Forgot to add I borrowed a 50-140 at the Photo Show. Great help/ advice from Fuji and what a lens. Shooting vv slow shutter speeds at 140mm and at 2.8 and still bang on. This was on a xe-1 too!

I have started saving up...
(And yes I did have a 70-200mmvr2 Nikon back in the day to compare it to)

I have started saving up...
(And yes I did have a 70-200mmvr2 Nikon back in the day to compare it to)

Same here, 70-200 VR and 80-200 AF-S (which I preferred) previously, the Fuji 50-140 is not at all out of place in that company, I love mine, and in not generally a zoom user these days.

Need to sort a wider option too but I'm not sure which. Perhaps the Samyang 12mm is the one...

I've got the Fuji 14mm and the Samyang 12mm. I'm keeping them both but it would be a hard choice if I ever did have to choose between them. The 14mm is typical lovely fuji quality but there is nothing wrong with the Samyang and it is so well priced. I don't need AF for wide angles but my eyesight and technique aren't good enough at telephoto focal lengths or I'd be trying their 85mm too.

Gutted about the weather today. I was hoping to take the 16-55mm F2.8 for a walk :( . And yes, I know it is a weather-sealed lens :) but I think I am just going to treat it like a new baby :D and keep it indoors today. Damn it, we don't have pets :mad:

Well I'm out and about in Nottingham. Left my 60mm f2.4 and the Samyang at home.

Came out with the CZJ 35mm, Pentacon 50mm and the CZJ 135mm. Quite a nice trio. :)

Hopefully i will get a few keepers out of what I've took.

I've got very high hopes for the XPro 2. Potential game-changer!

Here's a few from this afternoons wander...

Window Shopping
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Watching the world go by

Sitting Pretty

Lies Lies Lies

2 by 2

Tell me about it

Together

Big People

Quite enjoyed myself. MF'ing is quite nice, i really like it. They're not amazingly sharp, but i'm happy enough. Looking forward to getting the 35 f1.4. Should enable a shallow enough DOF to make things stand out a bit more.

Some good images there David, I especially like the last two.

Back