The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just for the hell of it I thought I'd post the current prices for Fuji lenses here in the UAE. See how they compare to UK prices. these are from the AD after discount.

14mm - £550
18mm - £275
23mm - £514
27mm - £180
35mm - £312
56mm - £570
10-24mm - £570
18-55mm - £400
18-135mm - £470
55-200mm - £360

Decisions decisions :confused:

Ordered the 55-200 yesterday. You lot have made me spend money so I hate you all. Classifieds bans for the lot of ya!

You'll love it Marc, without a shadow of a doubt it's optically the best mid-longish zoom lens I've ever used including pro grade glass from other manufacturers.:)

George.

You'll love it Marc, without a shadow of a doubt it's optically the best mid-longish zoom lens I've ever used including pro grade glass from other manufacturers.:)

George.

That's quite a bold statement George. I've seen plenty of comparisons that say the exact opposite. Here's one example, with 100% crops - http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1308544/0

I haven't used either, just throwing it out there.

That's quite a bold statement George. I've seen plenty of comparisons that say the exact opposite. Here's one example, with 100% crops - http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1308544/0

I haven't used either, just throwing it out there.

I wasn't offering a scientific comparison to every lens available as such Adam.;)

I just said "It's optically the best mid-longish zoom lens I've ever used" and it is.:)

George.

I wasn't offering a scientific comparison to every lens available as such Adam.;)

I just said "It's optically the best mid-longish zoom lens I've ever used" and it is.:)

George.

Sorry, when you said including pro glass from other manufacturers I assumed you meant the obvious choices of CaNikon :)

Marc, it's a slope slipperier than a lubed up Chris! (Mind bleach available from the usual sorces!) Much as I love the extra reach of the 55-200 when I need it, it tends to be the 18-135 that's on the X-T1 with the others in the bag. ALL the XF lenses are very good performers (with updated firmware in body and lens) with some being a little better than others. Hard to split them in real life, although I expect assorted charts would reveal some differences.

Enjoy the system!

Hi i am recently new to TP and have just found this topic and been reading through. I have had my X-T1 with a 56mm and 10-24mm, for a few months now, used to use a Canon 7D which i have now sold as i love my fuji. I still have other Canon gear but find it sits in the bag more and more. I have also just got into using off camera flash, and after searching found a solution for it with the Fuji.
This is my first try with my X-T1 and off camera flash.

Well my SD cards arrived just as I was leaving the house yesterday and I've just got home. I've got to go for a knee op tomorrow so I've now got a fully charged X-T1 with lens and SD card and no time to play yet! :arghh:

Hi i am recently new to TP and have just found this topic and been reading through. I have had my X-T1 with a 56mm and 10-24mm, for a few months now, used to use a Canon 7D which i have now sold as i love my fuji. I still have other Canon gear but find it sits in the bag more and more. I have also just got into using off camera flash, and after searching found a solution for it with the Fuji.
This is my first try with my X-T1 and off camera flash.

Love that! :)

Just for the hell of it I thought I'd post the current prices for Fuji lenses here in the UAE. See how they compare to UK prices. these are from the AD after discount.

14mm - £550
18mm - £275
23mm - £514
27mm - £180
35mm - £312
56mm - £570
10-24mm - £570
18-55mm - £400
18-135mm - £470
55-200mm - £360

Decisions decisions :confused:
14mm is £467 at UK airport Dixons shops, can't remember the prices of the others

Does anyone know estimated release dates for the 16mm?

I was wanting the 14mm but plan to hold out if it's imminent.

2015! Sorry to be unable to narrow it down any further but that's what the roadmap suggests. At a guess, the 16 will be rather more expensive than the 14 and the extra shallow DoF the larger aperture is of less use in a WA than a longer lens - I reckon the 2.8 of the 14 is fast enough for all "normal" WA uses but YMMV.

You sure? WEX have it as £649. That would be a great deal if true!

Absolutely, if I didn't already have one then I would have bought it (seen it twice at two different UK airports)

If though you could reclaim the VAT (or not pay it as an export) off WEX it reduces the price to £540, and I'm not sure if you get the cashback deals on the airport shops, in which case WEX could end up being cheaper.

The 14mm is a stunning lens, and to have such a WA in a small package is great. The fact that it shares a filter size with the 18-55 is also a bonus.

Blimey, that was quick! Ordered the 55-200 Tuesday afternoon and delivery was expected in 4 working days. Arrived 5 minutes ago.

Now off to the hospital, don't even have time to unpack it!

All the best for the op, Marc.

Just out of curiosity how are people finding the iso and shutter speed on the dials? Does it slow down your use of the camera at all?

Oh really? I couldn't see it making a huge difference anyway, just curious on how people found them.

Just out of curiosity how are people finding the iso and shutter speed on the dials? Does it slow down your use of the camera at all?

Mostly I just shoot in aperture priority with auto iso maxed out at 3200. So no, not one bit :D

Plus, the exposure compensation dial is gold dust IMO.

I do the same 95% of the time, aperture priority, AUTO ISO and then exposure compensation. I used to use full manual on my old Canon, but feel this way just works really well for me.

This, Adam. It's a very slick system to use. In fact, surprisingly so. I too was a little sceptical expecting it to be a ball ache but it's a joy tbh. And using it with a manual focus lens is even more of a joy! Just buy the body and get a nice 50mm lens and be freeeee.

The words of a true hipster!

Haha I'm hoping to soon!! Just get this move out the way... Canon gear is all sold now do currently cameraless and that's making me want the xt1 more!! Just struggling for lens choice :(

Yes, the YN system is good. Certainly not lacking at all. The price is very appealing and for £83 you can have the flash and the trigger. It's very well made and easy peasy to use.

Just to add i shoot in aperture priority also but change the iso as and when i need.

Ok, been looking at the camera properly for the 1st time this morning. Is there a way to stop all the beeping when pressing buttons?

Just uploaded the new Firmware and off to Bruges for the weekend to try it out. Traveling very light only talking the XF 18-55 and XF 70-200mm, couple of card and batteries - that is exceptionally light for me!

Back