The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

If the 16 is arriving so soon it's slightly odd that no content has appeared from the many X Photographers that get stuff early, unless they're all embargoed.

Content for some of the previous Fuji glass was out there months in advance.

Last edited:
Technically it's @Barrysprout 's fault. :D

You won't regret it, I've ordered a second today also. What did you go for?

:D Not sure if I made it clear before, but they really start to shine with three flashes! Anything less is not worth it :exit:

Where did you get the strap for the X100S, Barry?

It's a footprint leather strap James, I bought it from the classifieds on here.

Last edited:
I put an Expert Shield protector or mine as it came out of the box, same as I did with the X100S and the X-E2. no problems from any of them.

Not seen anything yet but I'd be surprised if its not £700-£800 based on the initial pricing for the 14mm...

In fact reporting $1150 now which on a straight conversion is about £780 so not far off.

http://www.fujirumors.com/xf-16mm-f1-4-wr-will-cost-1150-source-digicame-info/

Compared to £1449 Nikon and £1139 Canon at CPB, that doesn't look too extortionate, but I still don't really understand the need for f1.4 on a wide angle lens like this. :thinking:

I also went for the Larmor protector and it seems like a well made product and certainly fits properly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221701588747

Last edited:
OK having sold my 18-55mm to part fund a new macbook I am having to resort to legacy glass. These were all taken with the X-T1 and a minolta MD 50mm f2.

MD50mmFlower3 by jakeblu, on Flickr

MD50mm Flower2 by jakeblu, on Flickr

MD50mmFlower by jakeblu, on Flickr

I have to say how impressed I am with the split screen as an aid in manual focusing

I dont have any :shrug:

Judging by the look of all my screen protectors I didn't need them anyway! usually always apply them on purchase though as I never know how long a camera is going to be visiting with me. Looks like the Fuji's are keepers though.

These are a nice set of images Steve, with some lovely detail. "Nice".(y)

Nothing wrong with legacy glass on an X-T1 m8, I use quite a bit of it on mine and have had some very good results.:D

George.

Any thoughts on a longer focal length legacy lens?

I use quite a few of the original Nikon AI & AIS lenses on mine (all obviously have an aperture ring) and perform very well. Also two of my favs' are the original 105mm 2.5 AIS (absolute cracker even wide open), and the 70-300mm D lens. These are all FF manual lenses and give excellent results on an X-T1.

George.

Cool, thanks. I already have a 135 but fancied a fast 200mm + lens. Been looking at the Canon FD 200mm f4 which seems alot of lens for not a lot of money.

Anyone have any experience?

I've got a Soligor 75-250 f4.5 but I have difficulty using manual focus at that range.

Took some shots earlier using my 50mm Minolta macro lens

Will all the cacti find a home by barrysprout, on Flickr

Compared to £1449 Nikon and £1139 Canon at CPB, that doesn't look too extortionate, but I still don't really understand the need for f1.4 on a wide angle lens like this. :thinking:

I also went for the Larmor protector and it seems like a well made product and certainly fits properly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221701588747

Of course I'm forgetting that it's equivalent to 24mm on full frame, the new Sigma 24mm f1.4 is probably the best comparison and is relatively similarly priced.

Thanks for that Chris, much appreciated!

I have sold my 60mm so i think i am going to buy the 23. I was anchoring after the 16-55 but it's a bit big and expensive in one lump so going to stick to the prime route for now. Will hopefully add the 56 later aswell, but i can cover that with my Helios for now.

Will hopefully get it next week sometime, probably going to go with Digital Rev.

Yes. Larmor GGS. Superb.
Larmor here as well, excellent. I tried Expert Shield a few times, they are very good at sending free replacements, but I don't find they stay stuck very well on my XT1, the edges keep peeling up.
Allan

Its becoming harder to resist a Fuji when you see lenses like that...... on a separate query, how many of you with an XT1 previously had an X-Pro 1? On pure IQ is there much of a difference, I'm not too bothered about faster AF as I tend to shoot static subjects anyway but IQ is important.

Its becoming harder to resist a Fuji when you see lenses like that...... on a separate query, how many of you with an XT1 previously had an X-Pro 1 YES ? On pure IQ is there much of a difference NO! , I'm not too bothered about faster AF as I tend to shoot static subjects anyway but IQ is important.

In terms of IQ, they're all but impossible to split. It's in the handling department that the X-T1 is a huge improvement IMO. I still enjoy using the X-Pro1 but the X-T1 is a lot easier and faster as well as feeling more natural to me as an SLR user.

Its becoming harder to resist a Fuji when you see lenses like that...... on a separate query, how many of you with an XT1 previously had an X-Pro 1? On pure IQ is there much of a difference, I'm not too bothered about faster AF as I tend to shoot static subjects anyway but IQ is important.

Pretty much the same, the newer sensors have been tweaked and hi iso does look a bit better but can make skin look a bit plasticky. But as the others say, the XT1 is a much nicer camera to use and has much better AF.

Back