The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

So Im to take it your opinion is theyre done badly? not sure by your vague comment Adam

Sorry for being vague Karen, I was commenting on the fly.

I like the first one, I think it's the more subtle of the set and the scene looks lovely. The other two are overdone as you can see from ghosting around the foliage and have a very unnatural looking sky. The third no longer looks like a photograph which is a real shame as I quit like the simplicity of the shot.

Sorry for being vague Karen, I was commenting on the fly.

I like the first one, I think it's the more subtle of the set and the scene looks lovely. The other two are overdone as you can see from ghosting around the foliage and have a very unnatural looking sky. The third no longer looks like a photograph which is a real shame as I quit like the simplicity of the shot.
Thank you for taking time to elaborate more. I kinda like them but its always a risk posting these kind of shots as its so subjective but always good to get others thoughts

Jim, don't forget to post the pic of the wind turbine and stars! Great to meet you today. We should organise something once you move back to the area.
Will do mate. And I'd defo be up for a meet when I'm back ☺

23mm is a cracker, how did your shots with the 56mm look?

X100t or xt1? Ffs..... Cant decide
Simple answer is xt10, it's small, light and extremely good value. With a pancake lens will be pretty much same footprint as x100. Plus you can switch lenses if you get bored. Same sensor in all 3 cameras. Xt1 would probably be overkill just for street. Imo.

Last edited:
Looking for a bit of advice, hoping to buy either the 14mm or 16mm, apart from price is the 16 that much better. Don't want anything smaller than the 14.

Anyone had any issues with really stubborn dust or dirt on their XT1 sensor? I've got a stubborn spot showing up on images, it doesn't want to shift.

Looking for a bit of advice, hoping to buy either the 14mm or 16mm, apart from price is the 16 that much better. Don't want anything smaller than the 14.

Not really. Obviously you've got an extra stop of light to play with the 16mm. Really depends what you use it for.

If you're shooting landscapes all the time f8-f16 then I'd probable get the 14mm. If your shooting street or in low light, then I'd get the 16mm.

Would be used for street photography mostly, with some landscape.The macro part might be of use. I have the 18mm at the moment, so I will sell that and get the 16mm

What was the issue Alan? Anything FW related?

FW updates ?

No idea what caused the issues, Probably because successive firmware updates have twiddled with things that I haven't changed since I got the camera and aren't compatible. Some of the niggles cured themselves after cycling through the settings but some persisted no matter what. They've only shown themselves recently because with the new firmware 4 I've made some changes to my shooting workflow so some function buttons needed to be reassigned etc.

So these things are now hopefully not going to be an issue again:

Auto ISO on manual mode: Chose different ISO depending if front lever was in M or S/C
Exposure lock only worked in M, then stopped working altogether.
Auto ISO in Manual exposure would not change exposure at all but still displayed a different compensation value in exif.
Left arrow button and front Fn button became linked, set one and it also set the same thing to the other.
Maybe it will also fix the issue I had with it not firing the shutter in continuous shooting mode for no apparent reason!

Ooh and half pressing shutter no longer cancels magnified view - That is al I've ever wanted in a camera! :love:

Back