The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

sorry for not trawling through old posts to find this info:
i'm wanting a couple of third party batteries but cant remember the "users choice" is it pro something?
also the screen protector for the back GGS LAMOR ..seem to be two types, the older mk3 and mk4 ...is the newer one much more improved?
thanks in advance for any info guys

oops forgot to mention its for the XT-1

sorry for not trawling through old posts to find this info:
i'm wanting a couple of third party batteries but cant remember the "users choice" is it pro something?
also the screen protector for the back GGS LAMOR ..seem to be two types, the older mk3 and mk4 ...is the newer one much more improved?
thanks in advance for any info guys

oops forgot to mention its for the XT-1

I brought Ex-Pro NP-W 126 ones from Amazon :)

Last edited:
Batteries: ex pro!

I'm agonizing over my lens choices... My ideal bag would have no more than 3 lenses in, for weight and convenience

Currently have:
10-24
18-55

Thinking about the 18-135 over the 18-55, maybe the 35 or 56 instead of the 23? Currently have 23 covered 3 ways so lovely as it is it feels like a bit of a luxury. Hmm...

I'm agonizing over my lens choices... My ideal bag would have no more than 3 lenses in, for weight and convenience

Currently have:
10-24
18-55

Thinking about the 18-135 over the 18-55, maybe the 35 or 56 instead of the 23? Currently have 23 covered 3 ways so lovely as it is it feels like a bit of a luxury. Hmm...

!8-135mm great lens range and not to heavy :)

Nice shots @Thunderbird010 . Was it so still there's no movement in the flags, mast, etc or is there jiggery pokery goin on? Just wondering. Still nice shots either way. Like the processing. prefer No 2 for the lighter tones.

Thanks no wind at all just peeing it down!! I prefer the second one as well, irst proper try with nd filters so I'm pleased.

Andy

Currently have:
10-24
18-55

I'm coming at the same question from the other side - I have the 10-24 and 18-135 and considering a prime or 2 for those single-lens walkabout days - probably 23 and/or 35

The 18-135 is a good compliment to the 10-24; similar size, only slightly heavier and a great all-rounder.

NOW, you have a point :beer:

29glssn.jpg
Whatever he's been on it looks as if it's been good stuff.:)

Just back from a week on Arran in Scotland. Took my X-T1 and 18-55mm for landscapes and Nikon D7100 and Sigma 50-500mm for wildlife (and a Rolleiflex for some proper photography :D). I have now realised that the DSLR and lens combo is just to damn big and heavy for my poor old arms and back to lug around, I really want that 100-400mm lens... where is it and why can't it be here quicker?
I have the 50-230mm and its very impressive for such a cheap lens but it isn't long enough, if and when the TC comes out will it work on the 50-230mm?

Andy

Just back from a week on Arran in Scotland. Took my X-T1 and 18-55mm for landscapes and Nikon D7100 and Sigma 50-500mm for wildlife (and a Rolleiflex for some proper photography :D). I have now realised that the DSLR and lens combo is just to damn big and heavy for my poor old arms and back to lug around, I really want that 100-400mm lens... where is it and why can't it be here quicker?
I have the 50-230mm and its very impressive for such a cheap lens but it isn't long enough, if and when the TC comes out will it work on the 50-230mm?

Andy

The TC wont work on the 50-230mm :(,the delay in the 100-400mm Fuji say they are not pleased with IQ yet,and would like some more time to work it :)

The TC wont work on the 50-230mm :(,the delay in the 100-400mm Fuji say they are not pleased with IQ yet,and would like some more time to work it :)

I had a feeling that was the case. Never mind, patience is a virtue, so they say.

they have some stunning lenses and it would be a shame to release one that's sub par.

What's the 35 f1.4 like on the X-T1? I'm still trying to decide if I want the weight saving of this system over the lens range with Nikon.

What's the 35 f1.4 like on the X-T1? I'm still trying to decide if I want the weight saving of this system over the lens range with Nikon.
It's a Fuji lens. It's excellent, and not at all slow to focus (but then, speed of focus doesn't bother me). Whether you want this focal length is your choice.

I should have added more info. I'm considering the Fuji system to shoot pro again, shooting family and children photography.

I should have added more info. I'm considering the Fuji system to shoot pro again, shooting family and children photography.

I am very happy with the Fuji system,and i think some pro are using it,but you will find quite a few people will slag of the Fuji for pro work ? :)

I really need to know if the V4 firmware update has made a big difference to the AF.

Back