The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The 16-55 optically is stellar but I thought it felt too much on the XT1 body only, might have been better with the grip though!

I use my 16-55 with the large grip on my X-T1 and it balances perfectly. I bought the grip when I bought the X-T1 as I kept driving the manager of my local camera shop mad by looking at the X-T1 and saying "It doesn't feel quite right in my hand.", he got the large grip from Fuji and said "Try that!". I did and walked out with a new X-T1 with the large grip fitted, I haven't taken the grip off since. To me it transforms the handling of the camera.

I use my 16-55 with the large grip on my X-T1 and it balances perfectly. I bought the grip when I bought the X-T1 as I kept driving the manager of my local camera shop mad by looking at the X-T1 and saying "It doesn't feel quite right in my hand.", he got the large grip from Fuji and said "Try that!". I did and walked out with a new X-T1 with the large grip fitted, I haven't taken the grip off since. To me it transforms the handling of the camera.

I use the large metal grip and have to agree. I cant see myself using the xt1 without it. I also own the vertical grip but since getting the large metal grip it has been sitting in the bag.

Hi All
Just bought myself the X-T10 18-55 kit!
im fairly novice so was wondering if anyone had any good links to xt1 or xt10 blogs or webpages that give any good walkthroughs or advised settings??
im going to use Raw and Lightroom 4 so also any good presets that anyone can advise would be cool too??!!

thanks in advance- when i get a good photo ill post it up!
Dave

Hi All
Just bought myself the X-T10 18-55 kit!
im fairly novice so was wondering if anyone had any good links to xt1 or xt10 blogs or webpages that give any good walkthroughs or advised settings??
im going to use Raw and Lightroom 4 so also any good presets that anyone can advise would be cool too??!!

thanks in advance- when i get a good photo ill post it up!
Dave

Welcome aboard the X-T1/10 forum Dave.(y)

You'll find loads of useful info on this thread alone and the folk on here are real helpful. One thing I would mention to you if your using LR4 is that it'll not read the RAW files from these two cameras so you'll need to download the Adobe DNG converter and convert your RAW files to DNG first and then import them into LR4. I convert all of my stuff to DNG regardless of what camera was used. There's no loss of quality and a small plus point is the files are then made slightly smaller saving a bit of memory.

George.

Welcome aboard the X-T1/10 forum Dave.(y)

You'll find loads of useful info on this thread alone and the folk on here are real helpful. One thing I would mention to you if your using LR4 is that it'll not read the RAW files from these two cameras so you'll need to download the Adobe DNG converter and convert your RAW files to DNG first and then import them into LR4. I convert all of my stuff to DNG regardless of what camera was used. There's no loss of quality and a small plus point is the files are then made slightly smaller saving a bit of memory.

George.
thanks george, can i ask if Lightroom CC has direct RAW with the Xt10? Or does that also need converting?

thanks george, can i ask if Lightroom CC has direct RAW with the Xt10? Or does that also need converting?

I'm not sure on that one Dave, the latest version of LR (CC is Photoshop) will certainly read the X-T1 Raw files. If it doesn't then it won't be too long before they upgrade it to read the X-T10 files.

I'm sure somebody will be along shortly with the answer you want but a quick look on the Adobe website under support will clarify it for you.

George.

I'm not sure on that one Dave, the latest version of LR (CC is Photoshop) will certainly read the X-T1 Raw files. If it doesn't then it won't be too long before they upgrade it to read the X-T10 files.

I'm sure somebody will be along shortly with the answer you want but a quick look on the Adobe website under support will clarify it for you.

George.

Lightroom CC is fine with X-T10 Raws (y)

Lightroom CC is fine with X-T10 Raws (y)
Thanks,looks like im signing up for that then! aint bad 6.98 a month with latest photoshop, pretty good deal
im going to spend some time tonight going through this thread- find some good info

Thanks,looks like im signing up for that then! aint bad 6.98 a month with latest photoshop, pretty good deal
im going to spend some time tonight going through this thread- find some good info

There are some gems among this thread. Unfortunately with over 8300 posts there is also a lot of drivel from us. If you block user @minnnt that should take the posts down to a more manageable level :D:D:Do_O:eek::exit:

Taken this morning on Walmer beach, Kent XT-1 with 10-24mm;
20793124478_430733d1dc_b.jpg

Lovely sunset...outstanding.

Makes me want a 10-24 for my X-T1. Even though as higher up the 18-50 XF is quite excellent for most uses. Time to check mpb

Taken this morning on Walmer beach, Kent XT-1 with 10-24mm;
20793124478_430733d1dc_b.jpg

That's a very nice shot Rob, good composition and beautiful colours.(y)

George.

judeminion.jpg

1st one with my new x-t10, there's lots wrong with this but thought id show it anyway, any crits absolutely welcomed !
been watching this thread for a long time now and decided to plunge for the xt10, i tried the x10 few years ago and didnt get on with it, but feeling this xt10 alot more. going to go through this thread and pick some tips up
thanks guys

View attachment 45078

1st one with my new x-t10, there's lots wrong with this but thought id show it anyway, any crits absolutely welcomed !
been watching this thread for a long time now and decided to plunge for the xt10, i tried the x10 few years ago and didnt get on with it, but feeling this xt10 alot more. going to go through this thread and pick some tips up
thanks guys
What's wrong with it ? It captures the moment and it's an image you'll probably look back on in years to come and enjoy. I think we sometimes are too over critical with our photography. Take photos and enjoy :)

I seem to have got some dust bunnies on my sensor. Has anyone cleaned theirs, and know how to do it? Is the sensor the plate immediately visible when the lens is removed? As there is no mirror to lock up is it just a case of swabbing this plate?

I seem to have got some dust bunnies on my sensor. Has anyone cleaned theirs, and know how to do it? Is the sensor the plate immediately visible when the lens is removed? As there is no mirror to lock up is it just a case of swabbing this plate?
I presume you've run the cleaning cycle a couple of times, and used a blower (NOT canned air!) with the camera facing downwards?

Yes, done that several times. I have improved it, but there are still too many spots for my liking.
I was think of just trying the Dust Aid pads first to see if they will pull of the remaining detritus.
If not it will be the swabs and Eclipse fluid.

Yes.
Wasn't as big a success as I'd hoped. I'm putting it down to technique rather than the camera!
Think I was trying to be too clever and was shooting at 1/30 sec. Standing next to the track I don't think I could pan fast enough for that shutter speed. The longer range shots were better.
This was the best shot. Number is sharp, shadows on the body are sharp. Nice motion blur on the wheels. Nice amount of background blur. (But it was full of dust spots.)
There's another meet in two weeks that I can get to so I'll go back with the Fuji and the Canon to see if it's my technique that's at fault or if the Canon is just better at that sort of thing.

jaguar
by mickledore on Talk Photography

:LOL: I did the same at Donnington with my D750. I expected to go and just nail every shot at 1/15... Fail. In my defense it was my first motorsport outing with the camera but i felt more at home shooting with the X-T1.

I wasn't too happy with the wide/zone focussing. It kept picking up the track rather than the car. I carried on panning and the car came into the focus zone, but I don't know if the camera was then picking up the car or not. Did resort to center point focussing for a while.
I'm definitely not sure if it's the camera or me, but looking around lots of guys are getting results, so it's probably me. There are some good shots just a little higher in this thread, but they are more wide angle than I was taking. maybe I'm being too clever - a common fault!

Back