The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Is this for both RAW and JPEG? Can you see them on the back of the camera?

Can you copy them into a folder on your desktop and access them from there via Lr?

For both.
I tried to copy them onto hard disk. Managed to do 106 folder but when i did the same for folder named 107 it stopped midway.
Stops after certain file number and cannot copy the rest of the files.
I imported the first folder into lightroom, no problem.
Started to do the second folder, it just stops and there is no progress bar for the import.

Can't open the raw or the jpg?

Post up a couple of the files here and see if we can open them, that way you eliminate the MacBook as the issue if we can't open them

Where do I send it, here?

Sounds like a corrupted sd card if you can't even copy from sd to hard drive

But yes, try attaching it here

For both.
I tried to copy them onto hard disk. Managed to do 106 folder but when i did the same for folder named 107 it stopped midway.
Stops after certain file number and cannot copy the rest of the files.
I imported the first folder into lightroom, no problem.
Started to do the second folder, it just stops and there is no progress bar for the import.

Sounds like your SD card might be failing :(

Do you know the file number? Is the said file of importance? If not then delete it. It could just be one file that is corrupt.

It is not just one file.
All the files after a certain file.
Both jpegs and raws cannot be viewed, copied, imported or opened.
I can see thumbnails though.
And I can see them at the lcd of the camera as well.

It is not just one file.

Maybe try wireless transfer so you at least have the jpegs.

I will try to connect the camera to the laptop directly but I do not have the cable for it right now.
I can try it tomorrow and will let you guys know how I am doing.
Thank you for all the suggestions.

Just found the box of the camera but the usb cable is not inside :mad:
Not doing well tonight, it would have not solved the problem probably but just wanted to try it.
Oh well, need to approach this with a clear head.

There wasn't a USB cable with my X-T1 but I already had 2 for my phone + the one from the Kindle so it wasn't an issue.

USB from an android phone will work.
Are you sure?
I had this problem and had to buy a specific cable. Can't remember where from. Probably a well known auction site.
They are not supplied as standard in the box. Think I asked on here and met the same reaction as now. Took a bit of digging to get sorted.
Bit of PIA.

I should have some cables around the house which might work. I will try them later.
Does anyone here use or have knowledge about recovery utilities?
Free to try or inexpensive ones?
As I am not sure those could help me or not I don't want to spend first and not use it afterwards.

Are you sure?
I had this problem and had to buy a specific cable. Can't remember where from. Probably a well known auction site.
They are not supplied as standard in the box. Think I asked on here and met the same reaction as now. Took a bit of digging to get sorted.
Bit of PIA.

Positive.

Found it. Just trawled back and sorted the problem. My Android phone is a Note3 which has a non standard connector. Something to do with it's conectivity or summat - I know nothing!
Thought they were supposed to be standardised across Europe by now?

Does anyone know what the maximum transfer rate is of the X-T1? I'm looking for a spare sd card and I don't want to buy anything to slow, but don't want to pay out for something the camera can't use. I've looked at the specs on the Fujifilm web site but can't find any info on it. It mentions what cards are compatible but not what speed. I just want to use the camera to its full potential. (n)

I don't know the answer to that question.
But I would say buy the fastest one you can afford even if the camera can't use it fully. You might upgrade to a newer version of the camera and your card might be slow to use it to its full potential.

Reactions: ASH
I don't know the answer to that question.
But I would say buy the fastest one you can afford even if the camera can't use it fully. You might upgrade to a newer version of the camera and your card might be slow to use it to its full potential.
Yeah makes sense. I notice it's one of a few cameras that can use UHS-ll cards.

Does anyone know what the maximum transfer rate is of the X-T1? I'm looking for a spare sd card and I don't want to buy anything to slow, but don't want to pay out for something the camera can't use. I've looked at the specs on the Fujifilm web site but can't find any info on it. It mentions what cards are compatible but not what speed. I just want to use the camera to its full potential. (n)
This might help

http://alikgriffin.com/best-fuji-x-t1-memory-cards-uhs-ii-speed-tests

I'd say Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s is your best bet for VfM. A comparably priced UHS-II card won't have great write speeds so a bit pointless really. The fast UHS-II cards are ridiculously expensive.

Anyone using AF-S and Zone Focus rather than AF-S and single point focus setting?

If so, how does it affects performance in terms of focus performance on the X-T1.

Cheers @simonblue. So there's no discernible increase in focus performance against single point AF. Shame thought there may be :)

The straight line in the foreground in the first shot distracts me, I envy your morning walks a great deal.

The straight line in the foreground in the first shot distracts me, I envy your morning walks a great deal.

Yep I never noticed it when taking the shot and I've possibly made it more obvious when I cropped to 16:9 it looks like some dodgy PS cloning :D It's not though honest!

When I said walk, it was mostly driving with some short walks in between.

Wasn't casting aspersions, I have the 14mm and have been thinking about the 10-24 so I'm interested in your thoughts :)

Still looking for a card? I noticed I think it was Mymemory had a relatively heap fast UHSII card...

It is not just one file.
I managed to convert those problem files from raw to jpeg in the camera and samvage them that way.
Overall there were just about 100 problem photos out of around 950.
Jpegs are usable but the problem I have now how am I going to trust that sd card now. I don't even know what caused this.
I wrote to the manufacturers and waiting for their answer.
What do you guys think I should do with this card?

Took the X-T1 for a walk this morning and the first real outing for the 10-24. Went through a lot of toing and froing today deciding whether the 10-24 was right for me or not. I've just got so used to shooting primes.

@24mm
Trossachs by barrysprout, on Flickr

@15mm

5 shots @10mm stitched
These are nice photos. I like them all.
Great colours and they are very sharp as well.

Back