The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I wanted the 50-140 for the hill climb events, also sports days and the like with the little 'un. The 90mm I just really like the look of, which is odd considering I've never had the Canon 135mm! For a wide prime I think I'm going to go with the 12mm Samyang and probably the fish eye as well. If the 100-400 delivers (and does eventually turn up!) I think that'll be me done and can't see why I'd keep my Canon kit... I'll probably keep the 1DsII and a few choice lenses, but the 7D and 1DmkIV will likely go.... I say this, but I bet I end up keeping it all! :D

Hi I'm new to this thread having just bought into the Fuji X system last week the Xpro1 kit with XF 18mm f2.0,XF 27mm f2.8, and a case purchased at £613 only to find it's been dropped to an amazing £499 a few days ago :(
I also added from else ware a XF 18-135mm OS at a bargain price new, and came across a silly price for a XF10-24 OS and a XT10 body else ware :)
All done for now I thought until I went to Calumet open day last Thursday :eek: I tried out a XF 56mm f1.2 R lens and fell in love with it any how cut a long story short I found one for under 500 and it's arrived this afternoon :banana::banana::banana:
Can't wait to start shooting with them :)

Last edited:
Had a walk round Liverpool last night prior to a couple of beers.

I tried out the new fisheye that I had to buy after T.T. forced me to sell my perfectly servicable one to him!
The last shot may not necessarily be straight out of camera.
Any comments?

FXT16117mono
by mickledore on Talk Photography

FXT16123

FXT16127

FXT16135-Edit

Last edited:
My 90mm arrived this morning from Ffordes - great service - so I hastened with t'dog down to the bottom of the (neighbour's) garden and fired off a few random shots. Boy, this lens surprised me. I should have bought it ages ago. It really put a smile on my face.

XT1R3241.jpg XT1R3247.jpg XT1R3252.jpg

Cracking set of images I just love visiting Liverpool I know the first 2 shots location very well. I have numerous images from there.
I even used one for my Avatar ironically Shot on a Fuji S5pro with a couple of different fisheye lenses.
I can't wait to go back hopefully before Xmas now I'm into the Fuji X system:)
Thanks for sharing they have stirred a lot of fond memories for me.
I sadly lost a very good friend :(from the Wirral this year who took me into Liverpool for my first visit and walk about in 2007.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for that. If you ever need a guide/idiot to help you round 'pule just shout. Should be easy to fix a meet. If we're (un)lucky Mr Perceptive might have a ride in from the Cheshire plain to join us.

I quite like going into town at night in winter. I just prefer that type of shot. And there are lots of damned good pubs to visit afterwards!

If you ever need a guide/idiot to help you round 'pule just shout.

How kind, got a very nice fisheye lens to bring along ;)

My next trip is already booked, off to Hull next week, don't know what to expect, but its somewhere different to look around

Going to have a look at The Deep? I think it's well worth a look.

Never been to Hull. I'm as far West as possible, and that's as far East as possible!
Is there anything worth going for? And what is The Deep? I've heard mentions of it.

Never been to Hull. I'm as far West as possible, and that's as far East as possible!
Is there anything worth going for? And what is The Deep? I've heard mentions of it.
It's a huge fish tank :D Google and you shall find.

I went years ago and took by GF last year as she'd never been and she loved it.

Ah yes, I just have Googled.
Interestingly FAQs don't ban tripods, only flash.
Maybe TT should organise a meet???

I doubt flash would be too much use as it'd maybe just bounce off the glass. If you want to shoot inside The Deep you may have to shoot at high ISO to keep the shutter speed up (fish tend to move) and if shooting people in front of the lit tanks you'll probably need to watch the highlights or boost the shadows post capture.

Apart from for photography I think it's a great day out.

Last edited:
My 90mm arrived this morning from Ffordes - great service - so I hastened with t'dog down to the bottom of the (neighbour's) garden and fired off a few random shots. Boy, this lens surprised me. I should have bought it ages ago. It really put a smile on my face.

View attachment 51661 View attachment 51662 View attachment 51663

Same here. This lens is just stunning and I have to say the 16mm is as good (I m not just trying to justify my new purchases )

It's a huge fish tank :D Google and you shall find.

Well a fisheye seems appropriate for Hull:coat:

Dead right, if ever a fisheye lens was appropriate, this must be it, will be visiting the aquarium then.
Been to the ones in Plymouth, Ellesmere Port and my hometown's in what was County Hall, the Deep looks good too so thank you

Appears to be a few other interesting bits open to the public like a Trawler and Lightship, just somewhere to go for the day on the train and a wander around for a few hours.

That would be Lowestoft or so the local paper exclaimed, somewhere else with a few interesting things to do and see, good air show and at one time had an old Russian submarine to look around.
Powerboat racing on summer evenings at Oulton Broad was good fun too, must go there again one day

Last edited:
I've looked at trains to 'ull before. It's well over 3 hours of a journey and I have to go through Sheffield. Plus it's £55 per ticket, so it's not really a goer unless I can get a car full together.

I've looked at trains to 'ull before. It's well over 3 hours of a journey and I have to go through Sheffield. Plus it's £55 per ticket, so it's not really a goer unless I can get a car full together
Not too bad for me, ECML from Peterborough and then change at Donny, about two hours each way, would have been cheaper if I had booked further in advance, only decided on Monday though.

Do love a day out on the train, last one was via Leeds for the Worth Valley Railway and stopped off at Saltaire on the way back, shame the weather was so dire
Off to Innsbruck in January, did that by train before the advent of Eurostar, seventeen hours on SNCF from Boulogne, bit hard going, but very scenic

Well pleased the Fuji gear is so compact and lightweight, now to decide what lenses to take?

Last edited:
It's less than 90 mins for me by car to Haworth for the K&WVR if you know the way over the moors.
Agree that train is a good way to get to a meet. Just been to Leeds Armouries for £18. Excellent value.

Had a walk round Liverpool last night prior to a couple of beers.

I tried out the new fisheye that I had to buy after T.T. forced me to sell my perfectly servicable one to him!
The last shot may not necessarily be straight out of camera.
Any comments?

FXT16117mono

FXT16123

FXT16127

FXT16135-Edit

Great set of images Frank, lovely colours on the last two but my fav's would have to go to the first two.(y)

George.

Thanks George.
I'm probably a bit unhinged but I like nighttime shooting. Colours always seem more vibrant somehow.

I'm probably a bit unhinged but I like nighttime shooting.

Nothing unhinged about that Frank, if you get the results that "YOU" want to then that's all that matters.(y)

George.

Nothing unhinged about that Frank, if you get the results that "YOU" want to then that's all that matters.(y)

George.

Nah I think I'm the unhinged one on here :runaway:

Can someone give me a bit of advice please.
I have just sold most of my Canon gear and moved to FUJI XT-1 basically because of weight and portabiltiy and so for I have to say it was a great move.
There is one thing that I cannot find if it is possible or not.
On my 7D I could set the camera to back button focus on the AF-On button ( which I can do on the XT ) and also set the camera to AI servo so that while the AF button was pressed the camera would continually track focus and set the exposure when the shutter was released.
I was able to assign this to a custom function so if I was shooting a moving object I could simply switch to that mode.
Is this possible on the XT-1?

Chris

I'm off to Lanzarote Saturday for a pre Christmas break, last time I was there I took way too much kit, XT1, Xpro 1 and 3 lenses. This time I'm thinking of going minimalist, just my X100T with WCL, its a bit of a quandary. Anyone done anything similar ? How did you fare ?

I would fire them an email. They'll most likely refund you the difference.

Worth a shot anyway.
I agree it's worth a shot. I know it's apples and oranges but same thing happened to me recently, I bought a Cambridge Audio network streamer and speakers from Richersounds, a week later the CA gear dropped £100, Inrang and they refunded me £100 :)
I'm a firm believer in "if you don't ask, you don't get "

Back