The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I keep meaning to post here and say hello to you friendly lot, as this is obviously the best thread on site :D. I acquired my X-T10 with the XF18-55 in November, and after my Pentax K-10D, it's rather a marvel of modernity :). I have some longer legacy glass to try out with it sometime, but the 18-55 is so good I can't seem to stop using it! Here's a shot from the weekend...

Shipton-on-Cherwell Holy Cross by David Hallett, on Flickr

Thank you I will get saving
I chose the X-T10, but if I were a working pro, or money were no object, I would choose the X-T1 for the better viewfinder, weather sealing and larger buffer. However, if you do decide to save a few hundred quid for better lenses and what not, and buy the X-t10 instead, I would strongly recommend you get an L-bracket with the extra bit of handle out front. IMO, it greatly improves the handling when off tripod, as well as the obvious advantages for tripod work, and they're not expensive on ebay. I can point you in the right direction if you have any trouble tracking one down. I haven't tried the same on the X-T1, obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn it was true of that camera as well.

I haven't tried the same on the X-T1, obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn it was true of that camera as well.

Haven't found it needed on my X-T1, but the XT-10 is comparatively tiny and can see why a bit of extra bulk might be required

Oooh received a couple of birthday gifts today for my X-T1 - an Artisan and Artist brown neck strap and a Camdiox ND1000 filter :)

Is there anything left to buy now? :eek: No wonder this thread is going quiet - we have ALL the equipment lol

I wish! Fuji are awfully slow at giving me my 100-400mm!

New firmware is out today. Supposedly sorts all ye problems that the last upgrade caused.
Who will be the first to try it?

"The Fn7 Button
The movie-record button doubles as an Fn button (Fn7). Press and hold DISP/BACK to select what it controls."

I like this :agree:

Don't know what has gone on but I needed to try four times before the camera recognised the update on the card. First three times I was told that there was no firmware on the card.

I deleted everything and went right back to the beginning and then it worked. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Sorted the above problem. If you have a previous firmware update still showing then for some funny techy reason the old firmware takes precedence. Moral of the story is...delete all previous updates from your PC/Laptop before starting this one.

I've finally been getting through Christmas and January's backlog (only half way there).

That 56mm is a bit of a magic lens, isn't it?

20160204131524_dscf6053.jpg

20160204131550_dscf6086.jpg

20160204131620_dscf6106.jpg

"The Fn7 Button
The movie-record button doubles as an Fn button (Fn7). Press and hold DISP/BACK to select what it controls."

I like this :agree:

Almost every Fuji XT-1 user has been asking for this update. I like how Fuji listens and wherever possible they deliver.

Firmware updated on my XT1, no problems to report and some nice extra functionality!

Lovely set , number 3 is my favourite. Was it one exposure?
It was; I tried to not blow too many of the highlights and recovered the shadows. While I'm looking forward to really seeing what the xpro2 sensor can do, there's still a lot of life in the "old" 16mp sensor!

Go on then. What have you found that is worth using?

Focus zoom in AF and MF
The extra function button assignment is more so as i dont use video anyway

And not forgetting compatibility with the new 100-400 lens (seriously considering one) ;)

When I press the video button nothing happens. If I give it a long press the video mode starts. How do you get the menu up on it?

I've finally been getting through Christmas and January's backlog (only half way there).

That 56mm is a bit of a magic lens, isn't it?

20160204131524_dscf6053.jpg

20160204131550_dscf6086.jpg

20160204131620_dscf6106.jpg

Three very nice images Brian, with #1 & #3 being right on the money.(y)

George.

Anyone using the 40-150 with the TC? If so is it noticeably slower to AF etc?

Torn between that and the 100-400. The 40-150 is far more practical for my needs, but the reach is soooo tempting.

Back