The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Let fabs have it.
I did order some rubber things that might stay in place better. I'd like a real one but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Already ordered some Frank, you take it.

I'll probably find mine at the weekend anyway. I only took it off at my desk whilst playing with the TX unit. It's probably on the floor somewhere.

Deep under Liverpool are a set of comparatively easy to enter tunnels. The hardest part is coughing up the £4 entry fee (and that's the old man's rate!)
Nobody is totally certain when these were built other than the early part of the 19th century. Nobody knows just how many tunnels there are. Not all have been excavated, or even made safe. However the biggest thing that nobody knows is why they were built. A vast underground labyrinth of tunnels constructed by a former Lord Mayor of Liverpool with no discernible purpose. The best guess is that a rich man was being philanthropic, and paying the poor and unemployed, but asking for work so that it wasn't just a hand out.

Not really photogenic but a fascinating place to visit.

FXT18432
by mickledore on Talk Photography

FXT18440
by mickledore on Talk Photography

George, what time is it in Tennessee?

I think it's past your bedtime:sleep:

Not just yet Frank, it's only a little after 2.30pm.

"At the moment I'm sittin' in Roberts bar room "Nashville" with some buddies celebrating being a year older". I'll shut up now.!!!:D:D

George.

Talking of Nashville - well nearly. Have you seen that a new species of spider has been discovered near Fulsom Prison? They've named it after Nashville's favourite son....Johnny Cash!

(Nothing whatsoever to do with photography, but interesting)

Talking of Nashville - well nearly. Have you seen that a new species of spider has been discovered near Fulsom Prison? They've named it after Nashville's favourite son....Johnny Cash!

(Nothing whatsoever to do with photography, but interesting)

Just seen it via Google, Awesome thing isn't it m8.

Just watching a TV programme about New England in the fall. Phenomenal photo opportunities.
George....why don't you move up there and build a guest suite?

any one have a ball park price for the new Fujinon XF100-400 ? ... or any inside info for the UK price

Sold my X-T1 a while ago now. Just realised that I'm really missing it. Such a great little camera. Unfortunately I'm always changing my kit and in this instance I'm only realising how good it was now it's gone. :(

Am I right in thinking that I need to have a remote release to use bulb mode? I tried using the iOS app and that only lets me have a 30s exposure and if I use the shutter release, it only stays open for as long as a press the button down.

Am I right in thinking that I need to have a remote release to use bulb mode? I tried using the iOS app and that only lets me have a 30s exposure and if I use the shutter release, it only stays open for as long as a press the button down.
The phone app, iOS or android, limits you to thirty seconds

Last edited:

No, but if you don't then you have to stand there with your finger on the button which gets hard work and induces camera shake. Get a locking remote then you can just sit back.
I understand that triger trap might work as well. Mr Perceptive uses one so he might be better informed than I am.

Never used it, but what about the built in intervalometer, does that allow for longer exposures?

No, but if you don't then you have to stand there with your finger on the button which gets hard work and induces camera shake. Get a locking remote then you can just sit back.
I understand that triger trap might work as well. Mr Perceptive uses one so he might be better informed than I am.

Yes you can use a triggertrap, when it works it's great, sometimes I have issues getting it to connect to the camera, and it is a massive drain on your mobile battery as the screen stays on during the each exposure. I think that most of the time a locking remote is more useful and reliable.

All they are in practice is just a button to make/break a circuit. The expensive ones are just a little but smoother to use and feel nicer. The cheapo ones work just fine for the number of times you'll be using it.
I got mine from Jack The Hat but they are all very similar and probably all come off the same far eastern production line.

Back