The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Strange to keep a site up and down because they are reviewing prices. I think not. Thats a one time change.

It is odd, they've got plenty of stock and presumably have staff in place to run the store, so no idea why they can't keep it online and prep for new prices in the background.

I did find it strange that Paypal was removed as a payment method but the Paypal specific discount code kept going.

I'm back! I missed the X-T1 more than I thought I would...so I have bit the bullet, gone all in..Canon kit now all gone as of this morning and en route to MPB! 2 x xt-1 plus loads of kit all ordered :D
Rick,any chance you can put an order in for the new XF100-400? ..... and when you sell up again let me know!! .;)

To spice up your shutter button. You wanted bling well this is it.
Useful to put on the focus assist button which always get lost.
For £1.99 I'm having a pop. I'll let you have one of the spare ones.

To spice up your shutter button. You wanted bling well this is it.
Useful to put on the focus assist button which always get lost.
For £1.99 I'm having a pop. I'll let you have one of the spare ones.

Aaahh!!!

Nah, I've got the Pro-Dot on the shutter button and that works very nicely but thanks anyway.

Hmm, can get a 100-400mm NOW if I buy from Germany costing £1529 plus postage, or could wait and get it from Uk shop for £1399, if they've got them in Germany they can't be that far off over here surely?

Yes I noticed that too, is that a pre order only deal? Can guarantee after I preorder one they'll be cheaper after a week or two! Although I don't strictly need the TC, it is a bargain, and I do love a bargain.

Yes I noticed that too, is that a pre order only deal? Can guarantee after I preorder one they'll be cheaper after a week or two! Although I don't strictly need the TC, it is a bargain, and I do love a bargain.

I rang Fuji about this and they said the deal is nothing to do with them its down to the retailer.
Rang Jessops and they said it would continue when the lens was in stock, but if you pre-order and dont like it you have 14 days to return it.
Needs thinking about

Rick,any chance you can put an order in for the new XF100-400? ..... and when you sell up again let me know!! .;)

pmsl :)

not kidding..I've pre-ordered it lol.

some of my kit arrived today, two grips, samyang 12mm, fuji 35mm, extended eyepieces and the like. orderded the rest from Digital Rev and I forgot its Chinese new year so hopefully they will ship it all next week :D

That's now two of my favourite three photographers shooting Fuji:

http://davidduchemin.com/2016/02/my-gear-shift/
A bit OT I'm afraid, but I just bought a Fuji X body/Canon lens adapter from someone who is heading off to India with David Duchemin this week. I hadn't heard of him before, but have been catching up and finding out what I've been missing.
In the spirit of the thread, however, there is a video at the link showing how to set a smaller aperture on a Canon lens for using on an adapter. I'm going to try mine with a Sigma 70-300, cos it's an awful lot cheaper than the Fuji 100-400!

https://www.jackthehat.co.uk/canon-fuji-mount-lens-adapter-p-905.html

Last edited:
A bit OT I'm afraid, but I just bought a Fuji X body/Canon lens adapter from someone who is heading off to India with David Duchemin this week. I hadn't heard of him before, but have been catching up and finding out what I've been missing.
In the spirit of the thread, however, there is a video at the link showing how to set a smaller aperture on a Canon lens for using on an adapter. I'm going to try mine with a Sigma 70-300, cos it's an awful lot cheaper than the Fuji 100-400!

https://www.jackthehat.co.uk/canon-fuji-mount-lens-adapter-p-905.html

I buy all my adapters from them.

Jack the Hat are a good company. Good stuff that is cheap. Not cheap stuff!
I use them for most of my bits and bobs.

The non-Fuji guy is Ming Thein (uses all sorts of stuff but mainly Nikon and medium format). And besides you, obviously, I follow Damien Lovegrove. I moved from Sony to Canon in part because of his work, and then switched to Fuji coincidentally more or less when he did.
I discovered Ming quite recently (David a little longer ago) and have been quite impressed with his approach. You're right that he doesn't use anything exclusively, but I believe he has used the X-T1 quite a bit and is generally a fan of it.

pmsl :)

not kidding..I've pre-ordered it lol.

some of my kit arrived today, two grips, samyang 12mm, fuji 35mm, extended eyepieces and the like. orderded the rest from Digital Rev and I forgot its Chinese new year so hopefully they will ship it all next week :D
So which 35 did you go for?

Just ordered a Lowepro Event Messenger 100 for my trip to Australia with my X-T1.

Now gotta find a nice neck strap since my Mrs thinks my Black Rapid RS-7 is 'too manly'...

Just ordered a Lowepro Event Messenger 100 for my trip to Australia with my X-T1.
Now gotta find a nice neck strap since my Mrs thinks my Black Rapid RS-7 is 'too manly'...
I use a long Gordys strap , black with red thread, it looks good imo.

No no no. Just one. Fuji need to pull their finger out and start selling the X-pro 2.
And then they need to rapidly bring the price down. Got my first X-pro1 for under 900 with two lenses, so I'll maybe wait for a similar deal.

I'm enjoying using the X-pro1 that I bought last month and looking forward to the 2.

And then they need to rapidly bring the price down. Got my first X-pro1 for under 900 with two lenses, so I'll maybe wait for a similar deal.

I'm enjoying using the X-pro1 that I bought last month and looking forward to the 2.

Agreed, pitched to high imo. UK RRP anyway. Should be nearer the A6300.

@Barrysprout Arent you missing the AF speed of the XT1?

Not yet, I've been over in Ireland since getting the X-pro1 so haven't seen the grandkids for a while. That's when I'll miss it.

Fastest moving thing here is the rain which prohibits my shooting anyway.

Last edited:
Back