The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Fabs, here you are. Bling, bling, bling.
Not sure how permanent they will be but the make finding the buttons, especially in the dark a lot easier. Got one on the shutter and one on the focus assist button.

20160213_105219
by mickledore on Talk Photography

I have a 55-200. Works well for what I use it for. The only problem I have had was at a race day at Oulton Park.

AF isn't really doing a great deal at all at those shutter speeds as your aperture is going to be pretty small. It is bloody hard work though, but that's true of all systems in my experience, my panning hit rate is all but identical to my D7100 / 70-200 days.

X-E1 & 55-200 @ 1/60...

Castle Combe Motorcycle Raceday by -Harry_S-

I can push the 50-140 quite a bit further, but that's only because the additional weight stabilises my panning motion more so than the lighter set up with the 55-200.

Last edited:
They are toying with me and my cashback. They are not paying. No reason at all. They are just not telling me why. Ba....ds!

Have you met all of the criteria?

Have you met all of the criteria?
I've had an email telling me that my claim has been a proved so I would assume that I've met the criteria. I keep asking when I will be paid and am repeatedly told that they will look into it and get back to me. Nothing happens.

I'm seriously thinking of Small Claims Court.

I've had an email telling me that my claim has been a proved so I would assume that I've met the criteria. I keep asking when I will be paid and am repeatedly told that they will look into it and get back to me. Nothing happens.

I'm seriously thinking of Small Claims Court.

I got confirmation of my cashback claim on 13/12/2015 and the cash was in the bank on 4/1/2016 but I have only just ( today) received the battery grip

I got confirmation of my cashback claim on 13/12/2015 and the cash was in the bank on 4/1/2016 but I have only just ( today) received the battery grip
That too is longer than the 14 days they promise.
Why do firms treat customers like this? Everything is computer controlled once a claim is validated. The assumption must be that they are deliberately delaying payment - just like Tesco.
Some of the barrack room lawyers in OOF would no doubt advise if getting us to buy goods on the promise on a cashback but not paying the cashback counts as fraud. Fortunately I'm banned from OOF so I'll never find out!
Doesn't do a lot to encourage you to go out and buy gear if they don't keep their side of the bargain. What if something goes wrong with the kit? Is their after sales/warranty service the same?

That too is longer than the 14 days they promise.
Why do firms treat customers like this? Everything is computer controlled once a claim is validated. The assumption must be that they are deliberately delaying payment - just like Tesco.
Some of the barrack room lawyers in OOF would no doubt advise if getting us to buy goods on the promise on a cashback but not paying the cashback counts as fraud. Fortunately I'm banned from OOF so I'll never find out!
Doesn't do a lot to encourage you to go out and buy gear if they don't keep their side of the bargain. What if something goes wrong with the kit? Is their after sales/warranty service the same?
I thought you had the cash back after 30 days?

I thought you had the cash back after 30 days?
You have to wait 30 days after purchase before you are allowed to claim. After that you can claim when you like. My claim was approved the same day I submitted it and I was told that payment would be made within 14 days. Why 14 days is anyone's guess. It is probably an accounting fiddle. Be that as it may three weeks after the expiry of that time I'm still waiting. Fuji are very keen to lie to me but very slow do do anything.

Very strange, I had a slight issue because they required a delivery receipt and Amazon no longer provide such a thing.
When I rang up they were very helpful and approved my claim there and then, payment arrived in due course.

Is it actually Fuji UK or a mangement company who deal with the cashback system?

As an aside I received a cheque today from Manfrotto for a similar scheme, they paid earlier than the stated date, well done them.

Just looked and I received a confirmation they had received the claim, notification it had been validated then lastly advised the bacs transfer had taken place

What does your claim id show on this tracker at the bottom of the page https://fuji-offers.com/uk/en/pages/cashback-1015/home

Best bet might be to call the number 0843 596 2907 and ask exactly whats happening

The e-mail I received the same day I submitted my claim says....

Dear Mr Yates

Claim ID: 58206

Thank you for you claim on the Fujifilm Cashback Promotion

We are pleased to advise your claim has been validated.

You will receive your cashback payment via BACS transfer within 14 working days of receipt of this email.

Please keep this email for future reference.

If you have any queries, please contact us on the details below.

Fujifilm Cashback Promotional Support
Email: support@fuji-offers.com
Telephone: 0843 596 2907
Calls are charged at local rate, lines open 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.

I have just checked the link you posted and it says...

Claim Status Validated

Don't worry, everything is on track and progressing nicely. We will contact you if we require any further information regarding your claim. Your claim is currently awaiting payment which will take place within 30 days of your claim being validated. We always endeavour to process payments quicker and will do so if possible.

It's very interesting that there are two different dates being quoted to me. I hadn't noticed that before.

Yeah, didn't buy it for that :) doing a lot more portraits so I got the 35, the 56 and 90mm to toy with :)

I chased my cashback up had two validated on 26th and 27th January and emailed them yesterday. Had a reply advising that they can't advise when I will be paid, but it is taking longer than normal due to the high popularity of this promotion.

I chased my cashback up had two validated on 26th and 27th January and emailed them yesterday. Had a reply advising that they can't advise when I will be paid, but it is taking longer than normal due to the high popularity of this promotion.
With all due respect that is a load of cobblers. Once the claim is validated the computers take over. Someone somewhere is holding back on letting the monies be paid. Yes the promotion may have been popular but that is no reason not to honour their promises.

The bean counters are not letting go of the money.

Last edited:
Do you use Twitter? I find publicly questioning/shaming companies is pretty effective as its not hidden away like an email. Fuji UK are very active on Twitter so worth a shot.

Do you use Twitter? I find publicly questioning/shaming companies is pretty effective as its not hidden away like an email. Fuji UK are very active on Twitter so worth a shot.

I think I'd do likewise. At the end of the day once the claim is validated and within the timeframe it should just simply be put on a bankroll BACS run and paid on the given date. Hardly rocket science, busy or not busy. It maybe that there BACS run is only done weekly, but if within working 14 days from validation you should fall within it at some point.

Thanks guys. I agree that is somewhere in a BACS run that a bean counter won't release.

Don't use twitbook. Anyone have a twitter for dummies guide?

I counted 12 working days in that case.
You haven't stated what you term a working day!
Fuji haven't stated what they term a working day.
Unless you are a civil servant or a doctor then it is quite possible that you will work on any one of the seven days in a week.
Fuji are happy to sell gear 24 hours a day, 365/366 days a year and they are happy to take my money. This means that they are working.
Remember when you take your nearest and dearest out for that romantic Valentine's Day celebration today that someone is working to serve you.
When you go shopping to your nearest out of town shopping mall, Tesco Express or petrol station that someone works there seven days a week to serve you.
So unless you decide to go and live in a hole on Saturday and Sunday then you will see lots of folk working.

This is not a question of working days. This is a question of why Fuji are deliberately delaying payment.

Wonder if they are having computer problems, would explain the refurb site being down, can't imagine that is by choice

Working days is the same for anyone in the UK. Mon-Fri not including bank holidays, surely. I've no doubt the processing time is down to this being a batch process done by ordinary humans working regular hours around scheduled BACS runs. I doubt there is any conspiracy, just ordinary people doing proper checks and balances around a relatively ad-hoc process.

If you really want a company with administrative operations running 24*7 then can you pick a different brand please? I don't want those overheads built into the cost of my equipment, thanks.

Last edited:
I've just been trawling 'tinterweb. Their company structure is complicated to say the least. Lots of shell and holding companies. Call them tax fiddles if you like. But I did see that there have been some very recent changes on the board of directors. I did consider e-mailing them direct, but they don't seem to have a Chairman or MD, and those I did find are not based in UK.

Putting two and two together and making sevntyfive I suspect that there is some financial jiggerypokery (they will call it restructuring) going on and the poor saps at the bottom of the food chain - us - can just go and play with ourselves until they decide that they want to pay out.

That's big business for you.

Further to the above.....I did find quite a few companies that have been trading and then wound up owing monies to various creditors. Who these are I don't know, but they do seem to have interesting financial arrangements.
No doubt everything is legal and above board as it always is but I don't get the impression of a caring company; just another money making machine.

Never rely on cashback coming through. It's great if it does but I'd never rely on it to tide me over etc. Hope it pays out soon !

A technical question if I may.
The weather is set to be cold and clear for the next couple of days, so I'm thinking of going out tonight to try and get a decent 2 hour star trail.
I'll need to set the shooting mode to Continuous, but which one? What is the real term difference betwen CH and CL?
I'll be on manual focus, shooting JPEG. Iso 800 or so. 30 secs exposure in Manual mode.
So which of the two shooting modes is best?
What is the difference between the two? I heard that one was used to automatically refocus between shots, but can't remember which one, or even if that's correct.

Anyone know?

:rolleyes:
We'll be back soon

The Fujifilm Shop is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance. We hope to be back on the 15th of February 2016.

Back