The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Getting to grips with the Fuji 55-200mm on the X-T1 at Oulton Park at the weekend. It's a keeper!

i-zM6B8GJ-XL.jpg

i-njp4RPV-XL.jpg

Ohh 55 - 200 can get £100 off that if bough with xt1 at calumet. Can you comment on this over the 50-140?

It's very good - but I'm sure the 50-140mm would be better. I've only played with the 50-140mm but the reviews speak for themselves. But it's bigger, heavier, and maybe 3 times the price!

Thought you were going 2nd hand mate.

Buying new coming out not far off from 2nd hand as at the moment xt1 there £200 off in total. Along a few other cash off lens with calumet

Any X shooters doing infra red work? On sunny days like these I hanker for my old converted S5 back!

I've been thinking seriously about it lately but my 18-55 is pretty much a no-go due to hotspots. Might try a screw in filter first, but for conversions a 720nm converted x-e1 seems to be the weapon of choice for most.

Has anyone had both the X100T and the 23 1.4, cant decide on which one to purchase the 23mm photos looks sharper and I used to have a X100S but found it a bit slow to focus compared to the XT1 and 35mm.

X100T is certainly faster than the X100S but cannot match the image quality from the 23mm on an X-T1. It's not night and day between them but it's noticeable. I sold my first 23mm as I thought I could live with the X100T only, but soon missed using it on the X-T1 and ended up getting another.

I have the X100S alongside the X-T1 and Pro2, and with the 23mm lens, there IS a quality difference, but if you don't pixel-peep or compare identical photos side by side, you won't notice. It's nice to have the X100 as a small portable camera and if I was forced I could get by with just that, but there's no doubt I'd miss he versatility of the interchangeable lens.

I think I've decided to for the X-T10 with 18-55 and 55-200 as a bundle. There is currently a £50 cashback promo on from Fuji which stops on May 31st. What have they done in previous years? Simply introduced another promo or left it for a few months?

Cheers

I think I've decided to for the X-T10 with 18-55 and 55-200 as a bundle. There is currently a £50 cashback promo on from Fuji which stops on May 31st. What have they done in previous years? Simply introduced another promo or left it for a few months?

Cheers

Sounds good. Why this over xt1 if not mind me asking pal

Sounds good. Why this over xt1 if not mind me asking pal

Size and portability to be honest. The rest of the family are fed up with the big DSLR, lenses etc. that I've lugged around; got them to hold etc. So I end up leaving them all at home. Need something small enough to carry easily and the XT1 is too big.

Potential thinking is that if I really get on with the Fuji system then I may get something like the XT1 as well as a body only.

Now that I've (sort of) decided, I want to make sure that I don't buy just before they introduce a really good promo!

I think I've decided to for the X-T10 with 18-55 and 55-200 as a bundle. There is currently a £50 cashback promo on from Fuji which stops on May 31st. What have they done in previous years? Simply introduced another promo or left it for a few months?Cheers

If you have a camera to part ex you can also get an £80 bonus.

AL

Anyone the 50-230 lens??

I like my 18mm f2 - esp for travelling light with either the X-E2 or ungripped X-T1.

Anyone the 50-230 lens??

Yes, it's sharp but very plasticky feeling, obviously a lot lighter than the 55-200. I don't shoot much telephoto, but it suits my needs when I do

Has anyone had both the X100T and the 23 1.4, cant decide on which one to purchase the 23mm photos looks sharper and I used to have a X100S but found it a bit slow to focus compared to the XT1 and 35mm.

I've got the xf23 and an x100, the IQ of the xf23mm is exceptional, and way better than the X100. Not selling the X100 though, it's just such a nice thing. (Obviously the different sensors may influence my comments!)

Yes, it's sharp but very plasticky feeling, obviously a lot lighter than the 55-200. I don't shoot much telephoto, but it suits my needs when I do

I assume you have this lens I can get it for £100 if I wanted one... It something I really need to think on as a long zoom I only tend to use it when going to Zoo or places like that..

So I am wanting to spend more on a lens i use more for like Portrait and Landscape.

Which lens are people preferring for portrait and landscape please?

I assume you have this lens I can get it for £100 if I wanted one... It something I really need to think on as a long zoom I only tend to use it when going to Zoo or places like that..

So I am wanting to spend more on a lens i use more for like Portrait and Landscape.

Which lens are people preferring for portrait and landscape please?

18-135 is really nice. Few recent pictures in my Flickr of landscapes. Not ideal for portraits if you are looking for f1.4/f2...

Why do you ask?

As I am not sure which Prime lens are good on the fuji...

currently I am thinking of this

XT1 with 18-135 (this so I don't need to get a zoom lens)
Fuji 23mm
Fuji 56mm

Use the camera for a couple of months with that zoom lens, then evaluate what focal lengths were set the most and buy a prime to equal that.

As I am not sure which Prime lens are good on the fuji...

currently I am thinking of this

XT1 with 18-135 (this so I don't need to get a zoom lens)
Fuji 23mm
Fuji 56mm
Seems like a solid setup. Both primes are great for when you know what you'l be shooting and the zoom will be good for walkabouts.

Use the camera for a couple of months with that zoom lens, then evaluate what focal lengths were set the most and buy a prime to equal that.

The 56mm be for Portrait I will need a 1.4 or so for portrait as i like that DOF for Portrait. and the only one I can think of is the 56mm one..

Its a shame there arent any long primes. I typically sit in the 18-55 range, rarely above 35mm but like the versatility. My 55-200 only really sees use at the 200 end though. :(

Back