The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

As I am not sure which Prime lens are good on the fuji...

There is not a bad prime in the Fuji line up, but you knew that already.

currently I am thinking of this

XT1 with 18-135 (this so I don't need to get a zoom lens)
Fuji 23mm
Fuji 56mm
And look at that when you give a bit a more information when you are asking a flood of answers follows.

The 56mm be for Portrait I will need a 1.4 or so for portrait as i like that DOF for Portrait. and the only one I can think of is the 56mm one..

But you already had the answer to your own question, if you need 1.4 and you need 56mm then it really doesn't matter what other people prefer.

On my nikon I am using 50mm as a portrait lens so I am guessing I should get the 35mm as Fuji but I read that the 56mm is much better lens

Lastly does the fuji have a sensor cleaner how bad it is as dust magnet..

On my nikon I am using 50mm as a portrait lens so I am guessing I should get the 35mm as Fuji but I read that the 56mm is much better lens

Nope the 35mm is much better at being a 35mm lens than the 56 is. If 50mm equivalent is what you would prefer to shoot at then why consider alternatives?

But the IQ from the 56 is meant be better?

35mm is 52mm full frame right?

Use the camera for a couple of months with that zoom lens, then evaluate what focal lengths were set the most and buy a prime to equal that.
This.

I'm sticking with the 18-55 before I settle on a prime to complement it.

Rookies, you need to buy the focal lengths you use. For example, the 90/2 is brilliant, but most of my portraits on full frame were shot with a Zeiss 50/1.4, so I went for the 35/1.4. No point buying a coupé because it's faster than an estate, if you need to fit a double buggy in it. Buy what you need.

I bought the 56/1.2 regardless :D Still mostly use the 35/1.4, just because that's how I shoot, and still rarely shoot at 90mm with the tele-zoom. Talking about shooting, please buy an X-T1 before we shoot you lol

Oh FFS barrysprout

A few people have in the past and most end up selling the X100 to be honest, as it's not as versatile.

X100T is certainly faster than the X100S but cannot match the image quality from the 23mm on an X-T1. It's not night and day between them but it's noticeable. I sold my first 23mm as I thought I could live with the X100T only, but soon missed using it on the X-T1 and ended up getting another.

I have the X100S alongside the X-T1 and Pro2, and with the 23mm lens, there IS a quality difference, but if you don't pixel-peep or compare identical photos side by side, you won't notice. It's nice to have the X100 as a small portable camera and if I was forced I could get by with just that, but there's no doubt I'd miss he versatility of the interchangeable lens.

Yes, it's sharp but very plasticky feeling, obviously a lot lighter than the 55-200. I don't shoot much telephoto, but it suits my needs when I do

I've got the xf23 and an x100, the IQ of the xf23mm is exceptional, and way better than the X100. Not selling the X100 though, it's just such a nice thing. (Obviously the different sensors may influence my comments!)

Thanks for the feedback that's a pretty unanimous decision and the one I was steering towards. That will then give me the Samyang 12mm Fuji 23,35,56,18-135 and 50-230 and also the 27mm which I will probably sell as its too close to the 23 and will use the 35 f2 as my grab and go and might just pick up a cheap XE1 Xpro1,XA1 as a second body.

Probably more chance of that than the X-T1. At least it will be the fairy thread that gets inundated with "what dishcloth, for this type of dish" questions. [emoji4]
Very funny

Thanks for the feedback that's a pretty unanimous decision and the one I was steering towards. That will then give me the Samyang 12mm Fuji 23,35,56,18-135 and 50-230 and also the 27mm which I will probably sell as its too close to the 23 and will use the 35 f2 as my grab and go and might just pick up a cheap XE1 Xpro1,XA1 as a second body.
Christ... I can only dream of such a selection!
I MIGHT be able get the 12mm before Xmas lol
*walks away, cursing the bloody kids*

I did ask before but who came from a d750 to a xt1. Twist doesn't count as he still a d700.

I did ask before but who came from a d750 to a xt1. Twist doesn't count as he still a d700.

Really what does it matter, either you want the X-T1 or you don't. I could equally say are there any Gucci owners who have come from Mulberrry!!!! :exit:

There are plenty of people who have come from Nikon/Canon/Sony to Fuji and are happy, and there are some who have gone back (eg @minnnt) but IMO until you have the camera in your hands for a decent length of time, you can't make the decision about which system is right for you.

You chosen choice of kit looks good X-T1+18-135/23/56, get it bought and you'll be able to use it at the weekend. (y)

PS I'm still waiting for the question, will Fuji do a better cashback/trade-in/free lens offer after 31/5....that would just nicely prolong the agony......:D

Really what does it matter, either you want the X-T1 or you don't. I could equally say are there any Gucci owners who have come from Mulberrry!!!! :exit:

There are plenty of people who have come from Nikon/Canon/Sony to Fuji and are happy, and there are some who have gone back (eg @minnnt) but IMO until you have the camera in your hands for a decent length of time, you can't make the decision about which system is right for you.

You chosen choice of kit looks good X-T1+18-135/23/56, get it bought and you'll be able to use it at the weekend. (y)

PS I'm still waiting for the question, will Fuji do a better cashback/trade-in/free lens offer after 31/5....that would just nicely prolong the agony......:D

Pretty sure that was asked a few posts ago

How do I not count Ive had a D750 since launch and Ive had 3 of them, and I switched from D750 to XT1 and D700 combo! What has switching my dslr got to do with my experience with all of my previous cameras? :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Ultimate image quality (on a budget) = D750
Ultimate coolness (and light weight option) = X-T1

Simples. Now where's that Fairy, I need to shoot some 35mm :D

Above sums it up really
Don`t know about the fairy but it does do more than others. Probably add + sport to the D750

Back