The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thanks all for the advice about the 100-400 and grip. We found out there was a match last night too so went along for a look and a first attempt, and I'm delighted with the results and the hit rate. The handling and balance was vastly better with the grip and the AF and tracking worked really well. Unfortunately I came back with the makings of a sudden cold too (in June?) so haven't done anything with the images yet but will share some here when I have.

I don't often start out with the 10-24mm. The 18-55 is more versatile when you're not sure what you're going to want. But when I do get it out and especially when I put it on a tripod, I have to say it's a amazing piece of kit.
Nice colours in that image Dave. I have to agree, the 10-24 is an amazing bit of glass. Now I have the 50-140, I can see my regular kit being these two lenses. Hopefully I'll get out with the camera tomorrw, had family around all day today.

Cheers Ian! If you've not been there, it's a very very big beach at low tide. Breathtaking but hard to photograph, just endless swathes of perfect white sand. The people were my attempt to find something to work with in the rapidly strengthening morning light. Thanks for the kind comment :)
It is on my to do list, Dave!

X-T2 +XF35mm f2 after today my X-T2 is going back to Jessops for repair. As 5 times I had to take out the battery and put it back in just to turn it back on. This has happened to me now too many times now with the X-T2, christ knows why it does it but with a camera that is just short of two grand it SHOULD NOT happen. So a quick few from today when it did turn on.

DSCF1360.jpg

DSCF1378.jpg

DSCF1545.jpg

X-T2 +XF35mm f2 after today my X-T2 is going back to Jessops for repair. As 5 times I had to take out the battery and put it back in just to turn it back on. This has happened to me now too many times now with the X-T2, christ knows why it does it but with a camera that is just short of two grand it SHOULD NOT happen. So a quick few from today when it did turn on.

View attachment 128803

View attachment 128804

View attachment 128805
You're right mate it definitely shouldn't happen.

Agreed, not that I want to tempt fate, but I never had the on going issues that some have with either of my T2's. I have had one freeze on me once, and dropping the battery out and back in solved the problem, and if I'm honest, I thought to myself at the time "oh no, here we go..." However I have been very pleased with them.

Agreed, not that I want to tempt fate, but I never had the on going issues that some have with either of my T2's. I have had one freeze on me once, and dropping the battery out and back in solved the problem, and if I'm honest, I thought to myself at the time "oh no, here we go..." However I have been very pleased with them.

As I still have a couple of months left on the warranty, I will leave it for a bit and see how it goes but if it does have to go back then I just hope Fuji can suss out why and fix it.
PS: Have just sent a nice Email to Fuji for advice on if it should be checked over.

Last edited:
As I still have a couple of months left on the warranty, I will leave it for a bit and see how it goes but if it does have to go back then I just hope Fuji can suss out why and fix it.
PS: Have just sent a nice Email to Fuji for advice on if it should be checked over.

Are you using OEM batteries?

Lovely colours George. Lots going on too

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin' the time to reply.(y)

George.

Only the original battery that came with the X-T2 and another spare which is the Fuji original too. I have just switched off the Power Saver/Auto Feature too, as I like to switch the camera on and off my self.

That's disappointing then, as most issues like that arise from non Fuji batteries. I have a number of OEM batteries, but use 3rd party ones in the grip.

Any 56mm users experiencing a loose aperture ring? I did a school shoot last week and was constantly knocking the aperture out. It’s the first time I’ve used it in anger and I’ve never noticed it before now as I’d always shot wide open. It’s out of warranty but wondered if there were any fixes out there?

Any 56mm users experiencing a loose aperture ring? I did a school shoot last week and was constantly knocking the aperture out. It’s the first time I’ve used it in anger and I’ve never noticed it before now as I’d always shot wide open. It’s out of warranty but wondered if there were any fixes out there?
mine has a lose aperture ring too. Not so bad I move it often but certainly going in and out of the bag will move it. no idea about a fix, sorry

Anyone know if Fuji makes a dedicated TTL flashgun to work with the XT1 ?
Yes they do but I have gone with the Godox range check out the TT350 or the newer V350 if you need more power the V560 II F should fill the need most probably :)

Last edited:
Well, after struggling on with the XT-2, which works beautifully on fast shutter speeds and with the 16-55, but is worse than useless with the 50-140...... I met one of the field sales reps on Friday, having done everything over the phone and websites and stuff that Fuji have suggested over the last 7 months or more of trying to get the thing to work. You may remember, I couldn't get the lenses to manually focus, the grid lines wouldn't appear even though it was selected correctly and various other issues, notably the slow shutter speed panning results - even with film and manual focus I could get more than 75% success rate, but with the fuji I couldn't even get 1%. Well, they have finally given in and they are taking it back, because they are now convinced it is a fault somewhere in either the camera body or the lens. So much grief could have been avoided if they had repaired it in the first place.....I shall keep you all posted of the results. next month I fly out to Madeira to cover the World Marlin Championships...I hope the replacement kit works!

FYI there was one on the X-Weddings Facebook group that had this for a while and it then literally fell apart at a wedding. Very rare but worth checking it's all still screwed together correctly.

That's not for me to do....Fuji are collecting the stuff and dropping me off replacements, so we can't fault them for that. I just wish it hadn't taken so long to come to the decision.

Anyone recommend me a 135mm fixed lens for the X system without spending mega bucks ? Something like a Russian version or anything else, and what adapter would I require etc ?

Or what about these;
Meyer Gorlitz Orestor 135mm f/ 2.8, or a Samyang 135mm f/2 - Samyang 100mm f/2.8 macro ?

Any advice welcome.
Peter

Last edited:
Back