The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Finally had some spare time and got my monitor profiled and my my printer set up for my new A3 Fotospeed paper (Colour on A3 Fotospeed NST Bright White 315 Signature and Monochrome on A3 Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300), what a difference monitor calibration and proper paper makes (and some decent printer profiles - and the soft proofing in Lightroom makes printing a doddle)

A3 Printing
by David Yeoman, on Flickr
Looks fantastic. Wish I had the space and wasn't forced to edit on a laptop

At last! I've managed to pick up my camera and the XF50-140.

I love this lens, and Pires, our friendly Robin was more than happy to pose.

Pires by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Sharper that a tack just back from the sharpeners. (I have a couple that look even sharper, but the orange lawn mower he was standing on spoil the shot).

At last! I've managed to pick up my camera and the XF50-140.

I love this lens, and Pires, our friendly Robin was more than happy to pose.

Pires by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Sharper that a tack just back from the sharpeners. (I have a couple that look even sharper, but the orange lawn mower he was standing on spoil the shot).

I’ve just bought a 50-140. Expecting it tomorrow. Can’t wait

Thanks Trevor kind of you to say so.

Thanks Brian appreciate it

Cheers Stephen very kind of you, I do rather like a moody B&W

Thank you appreciate it

Cheers Chris thats very kind of you to say its appreciated
All true, a great set of shots. The first one of the pass is particularly impressive!

I've just managed to acquire a 1970s Vivitar (Komine manufactured) 55mm f2.8 macro for just £30 - I had one of these way back on my Canon TLb in the good old film days and it was a superb all-rounder as well as a full 1:1 macro. Another £17.99 for a K&F Concept Nikon to Fuji adaptor and we're in business.

DSCF0008_M by Andrew R, on Flickr

DSCF0007 by Andrew R, on Flickr

This is ever so easy to use in manual on the X-T2 - so for an outlay of just £48, I have a good quality 80mm (equiv) macro lens.

That’s a lovely piece of glass, I used to have one in M42 mount that I used on a Pentax.

There’s something good about the sheer mass of some some of the older lenses, feel nice in the hand!

I've just managed to acquire a 1970s Vivitar (Komine manufactured) 55mm f2.8 macro for just £30 - I had one of these way back on my Canon TLb in the good old film days and it was a superb all-rounder as well as a full 1:1 macro. Another £17.99 for a K&F Concept Nikon to Fuji adaptor and we're in business.

DSCF0008_M by Andrew R, on Flickr

DSCF0007 by Andrew R, on Flickr

This is ever so easy to use in manual on the X-T2 - so for an outlay of just £48, I have a good quality 80mm (equiv) macro lens.

Looks great. As I expect you know from your mention of Komine, but others may not, Vivitar lenses are not really a make, more just a marketing brand, and can't be relied upon as a marque without further research as to exactly what you are getting. This looks like a great choice though.

Amazing photo, love it.
Looks like the 80mm is a keeper for you Mike!!
Incredible details on this shot. Brilliant .
That’s just incredible.

Thanks All! :)

David - hmm yes, am awaiting tubes and step up rings so I can give the 60mm a proper outing but it's going to have to be sensational to usurp the 80mm! If only the damn thing wasn't so blooming huge - probably need an X-T2 now to balance it better :D

David - hmm yes, am awaiting tubes and step up rings so I can give the 60mm a proper outing but it's going to have to be sensational to usurp the 80mm! If only the damn thing wasn't so blooming huge - probably need an X-T2 now to balance it better :D

Mike, it was only a moment of 'tightness' that made you buy the X-T20 over the X-T2 in the first place :D:p:D now is your chance to rectify that :)

And of course you'll get the focus stacking of firmware 4.1

Mike, I still have the 60mm, and it's not a patch on the 80. I know it's big and heavy, but quality comes at a price!! :D

[QUOTE
There’s something good about the sheer mass of some some of the older lenses, feel nice in the hand![/QUOTE]

I find that to be the case of the majority of the Fuji lenses too. All metal and weighty feel lovely in the hand

Sunrise from a couple of days ago. All these boring clear sky days we've been having have done nothing to get me out the house - I was very happy to see this, hasn't been any kind of sunrise or sunset for ages round here! The sky cleared up afterwards though and went back to boring and harsh.

Thanks, Pheasant! by Alan Jones, on Flickr

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraphgraph taken at London (Whitehall) UK of some of the guards during one of their Changing Of The Guard ceremonies.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/150th @ F11, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (17)-03242 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Liking the red vs green and the repeating elements here, George. Nicely done!

Ludlow by Adam P, on Flickr

X-T20

Unedited, straight out of the camera Jpeg taken using one of the built-in Advanced filters...

Had a weekend away in Ludlow and seriously, this camera has rekindled my love for photography, it's fun to use, the camera produced jpeg files are more than usable and the whole weekend, I didn't need to carry a separate bag for my camera, it fitted into my jacket pocket! Could never achieve that with my Nikon D7200.

Back