The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thank you fellow Fujigraphers.

As a result of seeing many fine Landscape Fujigraphs on this thread from the likes of people such as @Ian W @Jelster @ianmarsh @yamahatdm900 @Phiggys etc etc I've decided to try and get into a bit of Landscape photography which is something that's never really appealed to me in the past.

So there I was trying one or two things out at Dungeness when a guy with an American accent similar to mine approached me and started to ask me about my camera etc. At first I didn't look round but just responded to his conversation while taking my snaps. When I eventually looked round at the guy to chat with him I was absolutely stunned and speechless for a while but extremely pleased & happy to see him as he was to see me.

You see, this guy was my childhood buddy from school, and later became my co/plt for a time when we were both serving in the US Marines, he later went on to cpt his own chopper and a very good plt he was too. Unfortunately we lost touch a while after we left the Marines, and try as I may I just couldn't find him again.

To cut a long story short not only have I found my old buddy but he's living in the UK and has been for about eight years only a short distance from where my house is.

Sorry if this is all a bit boring for you but its made me one very happy guy. So a BIG BIG THANK YOU to you Landscape Fujigraphers that have inspired me to try this type of photography, because without your inspiration I probably would never have met up with my old buddy again.:banana::beer:(y)

George.

What a result.

What a result.

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin' the time to reply.(y)

"I'm so so happy at this outcome I just had to thank all you folk"

George.

@G.K.Jnr Regarding Dungeness, I think that it is photographed best when you can capture it's bleakness, this means shooting wide (so take off your trusty 55-200!!!). Also the type of light we have at the moment is very harsh, this may work well in the bleakness stakes but also casts hefty shadows. I visited twice in May, once during a bright day and once early in the morning, the early morning shots were a lot better, but to get that sort of light now, you'd have to be there at 4.30am!!! I want to revisit, but in the winter months (but its a good 5.5 hour drive for me!!)

(Some of pictures are in my flickr feed if that helps you, all theDungeness ones should be on the first page)

As a result of seeing many fine Landscape Fujigraphs on this thread from the likes of people such as @Ian W @Jelster @ianmarsh @yamahatdm900 @Phiggys etc etc I've decided to try and get into a bit of Landscape photography which is something that's never really appealed to me in the past.

So there I was trying one or two things out at Dungeness when a guy with an American accent similar to mine approached me and started to ask me about my camera etc. At first I didn't look round but just responded to his conversation while taking my snaps. When I eventually looked round at the guy to chat with him I was absolutely stunned and speechless for a while but extremely pleased & happy to see him as he was to see me.

You see, this guy was my childhood buddy from school, and later became my co/plt for a time when we were both serving in the US Marines, he later went on to cpt his own chopper and a very good plt he was too. Unfortunately we lost touch a while after we left the Marines, and try as I may I just couldn't find him again.

To cut a long story short not only have I found my old buddy but he's living in the UK and has been for about eight years only a short distance from where my house is.

Sorry if this is all a bit boring for you but its made me one very happy guy. So a BIG BIG THANK YOU to you Landscape Fujigraphers that have inspired me to try this type of photography, because without your inspiration I probably would never have met up with my old buddy again.:banana::beer:(y)

George.
A fantastic result, George. It’s a small world!

@G.K.Jnr. Great Result for you!!!

@G.K.Jnr Regarding Dungeness, I think that it is photographed best when you can capture it's bleakness, this means shooting wide (so take off your trusty 55-200!!!). Also the type of light we have at the moment is very harsh, this may work well in the bleakness stakes but also casts hefty shadows. I visited twice in May, once during a bright day and once early in the morning, the early morning shots were a lot better, but to get that sort of light now, you'd have to be there at 4.30am!!! I want to revisit, but in the winter months (but its a good 5.5 hour drive for me!!)

(Some of pictures are in my flickr feed if that helps you, all theDungeness ones should be on the first page)

"Getting there early or staying late is not a problem for me, as when I'm in the UK I live less than 15 minutes drive away. I do also shoot on other lenses besides my 55-200mm you know :D:D and if you take a look at my Flickr feed you'll see that all my Dungeness snaps to date have been shot using either the 10-24mm or 60mm. But I make no excuses I do like my 55-200mm very much.

I am at the moment following another guy on Flickr from the East Kent area called "micky b2" (you should give his feed a look) and I do like his presentations very much. He specializes in shots of Dungeness the East Kent coast and Romney Marsh areas. Still, one step at a time though as I'm still trying to build up enthusiasm for landscape photography and I'd like to develop a style of my own. Unfortunately business and travel commitments take one hell of a lot of my time"

George.

Last edited:
A fantastic result, George. It’s a small world!

George.

To add to this...

My favourite season for land and seascapes (in the UK) is winter. Far fewer people about and more interesting skies as well. Bare branches are (to me) more interesting and full of textures than fully foliated trees; waves crashing into cliffs and up beaches more attention grabbing than gentle wavelets washing gently over the shore etc.. Sunsets and rises are at far more attractive times too - plenty of time for a drink after sunset and breakfast before sunrise!!!

George.

That`s so cool, George. I bet you`re well chuffed. (y)

That`s so cool, George. I bet you`re well chuffed. (y)

"I am indeed matey, it ranks pretty high amongst the best days ever for me. And our wives are pretty pleased to all meet up again"

George.

@mart77

Are you still here ?

How about adding the X-T100

No you Bayer sensor boys need your own thread, you know, you and @SsSsSsSsSnake, hahaha :D:D:D

(Actually it makes sense, as really all the Fuji ILC cameras should be in one thread, so two threads one for X series fixed lens, one for X-series ILCs)

"I am indeed matey, it ranks pretty high amongst the best days ever for me. And our wives are pretty pleased to all meet up again"

George.

Oorah :D

I posed this deal in Shops, suppliers and bargains sub forum, if you want to check it out. It's actually £873.06 once it is in your basket, you need select Amazon as the seller from the right hand side of the screen.

George.

Top result George! Nothing like finding past best buddies..... I bet it feels like you’ve found new family [emoji2]

Hope you manage to stay in touch this time. By the way, I feel rather embarrassed to be classed with the others you mentioned, that in itself is a compliment. Thank you.

Top result George! Nothing like finding past best buddies..... I bet it feels like you’ve found new family [emoji2]

Hope you manage to stay in touch this time. By the way, I feel rather embarrassed to be classed with the others you mentioned, that in itself is a compliment. Thank you.

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply.(y)

George.

Wow, £873 for a new X-T2, now that is a deal. Still happy with mine which came this morning for £699, but if I'd have paid a typical Wex or MPB price of £900+ then it would be going back and I'd be placing an order with Amazon.

These deals seem to indicate that the X-T3 is imminent.

Announced in September likely at Photokina

Wow, £873 for a new X-T2, now that is a deal. Still happy with mine which came this morning for £699, but if I'd have paid a typical Wex or MPB price of £900+ then it would be going back and I'd be placing an order with Amazon.

These deals seem to indicate that the X-T3 is imminent.

Imagine what the amazon prime day deals could be.

George.

That’s fantastic George I’m really made up for you and your friend :) I’m guessing there will be a celebration :beer::beer:or two to go with your reunion ?

Does the sensor on the x-t2/x-t20 offer a significant enough difference in image quality over the x-t1/x-t10 to be worthy of an upgrade alone? I'd be interested to hear your opinions. I'm happy with my x-t10 but do sometimes think it would be nice to have more resolution.

Does the sensor on the x-t2/x-t20 offer a significant enough difference in image quality over the x-t1/x-t10 to be worthy of an upgrade alone? I'd be interested to hear your opinions. I'm happy with my x-t10 but do sometimes think it would be nice to have more resolution.

IMO yes, it offers:-
  • better resolution
  • its sharper (and is easier to post process - different techniques)
  • probably about a stop better in low light
That said the older sensor is still very capable

It IS better, but put two sensibly processed prints side by side and I doubt you could tell which was which. Pixel peeping might be different.

That’s fantastic George I’m really made up for you and your friend :) I’m guessing there will be a celebration :beer::beer:or two to go with your reunion ?

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply.(y)

“It’ll be difficult not to have a celebration, we might have already had a libation or two” :D:D

George.

IMO yes, it offers:-
  • better resolution
  • its sharper (and is easier to post process - different techniques)
  • probably about a stop better in low light
That said the older sensor is still very capable

And in mine, no. More of a sidestep than an improvement - for slightly better high ISO performance it gave rougher results at low iso and a small shift in colour reproduction. I prefer the X-T1 which gives more interesting colours. If you need the improved AF though the X-T2 makes more sense.

And in mine, no. More of a sidestep than an improvement - for slightly better high ISO performance it gave rougher results at low iso and a small shift in colour reproduction. I prefer the X-T1 which gives more interesting colours. If you need the improved AF though the X-T2 makes more sense.
Looking over my shots from both, I might just agree with you regarding the colours. :)

Don't disagree about there being a change in colour rendition (personally I prefer X-Trans3!!), but there are also colour rendition differences to Fuji lenses (especially the original 3 against later glass).

For me the following all make the camera a better camera:-

• Brighter EVF
  • Joystick selection for AF point
  • Faster AF
  • +/- 5 stops on Exposure Compensation
  • Better Zone Tracking
  • Dual Card Slots
  • 9 shot bracketing in X-T2 (v 3 shot in X-T1)
  • Focus Stacking (only played with this as its a recent FW upgrade, yet to try in the field)

I will be 'like you' regarding the next upgrade though, I can't see the X-T3 offering me more that I actually want, I'd rather carry on saving for a GFX!!! (I expect the X-T3 to have a slight MP increase, but a lot more bells and whistles type functionality like the bluetooth always on, more video options, etc)

Last edited:
David, this image is a definite ''Wall Hanger' for sure....!! I'd have that professionally printed and hung proudly at home.....!!

:)

Peter

Printed A3

NQFWgfmh.jpg

Ok after moving over from Nikon, I`m in need of two flashes and a trigger. What have you guys been using? I don`t really need anything too hefty, as it`ll mainly be for table top stuff etc.
I`m guessing around £250 total budget.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)

Ok after moving over from Nikon, I`m in need of two flashes and a trigger. What have you guys been using? I don`t really need anything too hefty, as it`ll mainly be for table top stuff etc.
I`m guessing around £250 total budget.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)

Cost effective wireless TTL compatible trigger - look at Godox, X1T-F wireless trigger unit and then add suitable Godox flash units for your requirement and budget.

Cost effective wireless TTL compatible trigger - look at Godox, X1T-F wireless trigger unit and then add suitable Godox flash units for your requirement and budget.

Thanks David
I`ve been looking at the 350 mini and either this trigger (which seems to cover the S.S dial a bit) or the angled one. Annoyingly I`ve got a bunch of hahnel stuff left over from nikon, including the multi sound, laser pointer module too. Might have to run two systems at this rate.

Back