The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Does anyone own an X-T2 and X100f?

Is getting the X100 worth it over say the 23mm f2 to go on the X-T2?

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of one of the many old boats on the beach that have just been Left To Rot.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.
(And just for @Mr Perceptive I've used a lens other than my beloved 55-200mm) :D

X-T2, 10-24mm Lens, 1/600th @ F8, ISO-200, Monopod.
Things Left Behind (9)-03245 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Cranking them out lately George! I must confess I wasn't a massive fan of your street stuff (I'm not a fan of street in general unless it's something really special like riots or something), but your macro stuff is incredible and I'm liking the land/seascapes too. Always nice to see a quick sentence or two about them too. :)

Stunner! My purse strings are forbidding me from upgrading to a body that does acros but I'm seriously getting tempted lately...

Thank you very much for the nice words, today once I set up the X-T2 I thought every shot I take I will just take my time and not rush, after looking at the Jpegs I am well chuffed and think it`s the best day I`ve had in a very long time.

Cranking them out lately George! I must confess I wasn't a massive fan of your street stuff (I'm not a fan of street in general unless it's something really special like riots or something), but your macro stuff is incredible and I'm liking the land/seascapes too. Always nice to see a quick sentence or two about them too. :)

Thank you Sir, you’re reply sure is appreciated.(y)

“The landscape type stuff is really something I’m just trying to get into a bit on the strength of being inspired by toggers on this thread but its never really apealed to me that much, street stuff is really what I like doing most of all and macro when I’ve nothing else to do”

George.

Totally loving this Across + R setting today, X-T2 + XF 35mm f2 Sooc

The Kiss by Dave, on Flickr

Very nice candid street style Fujigraph, well timed & composed, with a good mono presentation.(y)

George.

Ian I have an X100F, an X-T2 (and 23mmF1.4) and I bought my wife an X-T20 with 23mmF2, so I effectively have all three 23mm lenses on X-Trans3.

23mm is definitely my favourite general focal length!! With regard to image quality you get what you pay for, the X100F being the softest wide open, and the 23mm F1.4 is definitely the sharpest at F2. The 23mm F2 has the fastest AF and has WR.

I love the X100F and if I had to have one camera I could certainly live with it, it has other benefits compared with the X-T2, namely the discrete small size and the leaf shutter (which is super quiet) - the OVF is also useful when you are conserving battery power! as is the inbuilt flash and ND filter, both nice to haves. That said its AF is not as fast as the X-T2, though still pretty snappy, and I think 'extra' sharpness of X-Trans3 has made the best of the X-100F lens. Its a lovely thing.

I tend to take the X100F if I'm going out and about (especially city visits, etc), but tend to take the X-T2 if I'm on a photographic mission.

Whether its worth it for you depends on how you want to use it, or if the weight bothers you. The 23mmF2 is not heavy and does add too much to the 'bulk' of an X-T2 (and offers a fully WR package)

Ian I have an X100F, an X-T2 (and 23mmF1.4) and I bought my wife an X-T20 with 23mmF2, so I effectively have all three 23mm lenses on X-Trans3.

23mm is definitely my favourite general focal length!! With regard to image quality you get what you pay for, the X100F being the softest wide open, and the 23mm F1.4 is definitely the sharpest at F2. The 23mm F2 has the fastest AF and has WR.

I love the X100F and if I had to have one camera I could certainly live with it, it has other benefits compared with the X-T2, namely the discrete small size and the leaf shutter (which is super quiet) - the OVF is also useful when you are conserving battery power! as is the inbuilt flash and ND filter, both nice to haves. That said its AF is not as fast as the X-T2, though still pretty snappy, and I think 'extra' sharpness of X-Trans3 has made the best of the X-100F lens. Its a lovely thing.

I tend to take the X100F if I'm going out and about (especially city visits, etc), but tend to take the X-T2 if I'm on a photographic mission.

Whether its worth it for you depends on how you want to use it, or if the weight bothers you. The 23mmF2 is not heavy and does add too much to the 'bulk' of an X-T2 (and offers a fully WR package)
Perfect response. My GAS was telling me I need an X100F. Head tells me I just need the 23mm f2.

The head may win this one. Thanks for the in depth reply, David. [emoji1360]

The X100F is just so much more discrete than either 23mm f2 or f1.4 on either an X-T or X-Pro. (just to throw a spaniel in the works). And with the right pocket it's pocketable.

The X100F is just so much more discrete than either 23mm f2 or f1.4 on either an X-T or X-Pro. (just to throw a spaniel in the works). And with the right pocket it's pocketable.
That was literally my only reason for buying one, though. It's softer, more expensive, non WR...which is what's swayed me to the XF.
Must. Not. Reconsider.

@Ian W My spanner says X100F + GFX (thats what I'm working towards....but its a big piggy bank test!!)

The GFX is "SUPERB" on all counts. The image quality is better than the H/blad that I had before and its so so much nicer to use. After getting one of these I'm sure you'll not want for anything else in MF.(y)

George.

@Ian W My spanner says X100F + GFX (thats what I'm working towards....but its a big piggy bank test!!)
Piggy? It would need a horde of wild boars and the big bad wolf... Nice ambition though.

I have a X100F, and if you want you can borrow it for a couple of days.It might sway you one way or other.:fuji:

Totally loving this Acros + R setting today, X-T2 + XF 35mm f2 Sooc

The Kiss by Dave, on Flickr

With these film settings on the XT2, do you shoot them in RAW and then the camera process to the chosen film mode? Or do you just get a straight film mode jpeg? I am still trying to work the menus out.

Whats the general consensus of using the back-button focus rather than the normal shutter button when using the XT2 along with the 100-400? As of yet, but I will soon, I've not tried it for BIF's which is my usual targets when the 100-400 is attached.

With these film settings on the XT2, do you shoot them in RAW and then the camera process to the chosen film mode? Or do you just get a straight film mode jpeg? I am still trying to work the menus out.

If you shoot RAW plus JPEG. You’ll get the best of both worlds. Choose your film sim. If you want you can edit the raw as many times as you like in camera.

This shot was a straight Sooc, no editing at all.
I do shoot both Raw and Jpeg and if like the above shot is good enough then I just leave the Raw till another day.

Last edited:
Did you know that wearing high vis confuses the eye sensor? you do now!

Did you know that wearing high vis confuses the eye sensor? you do now!

I would have expected this, but if you wear your high vis inside out, you'll probably be ok, I know this as often I'm on site in automated factories, Health and Safety often dictates wearing a high vis for vistors, then when I point into a machine etc during a conversation or get too close to a light guard, etc, I often trip all sorts of sensors.....oooops (their advice, turn your high vis inside out!!)

I would have expected this, but if you wear your high vis inside out, you'll probably be ok, I know this as often I'm on site in automated factories, Health and Safety often dictates wearing a high vis for vistors, then when I point into a machine etc during a conversation or get too close to a light guard, etc, I often trip all sorts of sensors.....oooops (their advice, turn your high vis inside out!!)
I'll give that a go later, I've got the x gear on site with me again today.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of an old Discarded Winch, possibly used for hauling fishing boats or catch up the beach from the sea. In the background you can see many other things scattered around the beach with some of them having just been Left Behind.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

I've deliberately tried to think outside the box as they say with this snap by pushing the contrast and one or two other things to give it a more desolate gritty feel without adding noise/grain and other effects etc.

X-T2, 10-24mm Lens, 1/350th @ F8, ISO-200, Monopod.
Things Left Behind (12)-03249by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Last edited:
Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of an old Discarded Winch, possibly used for hauling fishing boats or catch up the beach from the sea. In the background you can see many other things scattered around the beach with some of them having just been Left Behind.

I've deliberately tried to think outside the box as they say with this snap by pushing the contrast and one or two other things to give it a more desolate gritty feel without adding noise/grain and other effects etc.

X-T2, 10-24mm Lens, 1/350th @ F8, ISO-200, Monopod.
Things Left Behind (12)-03249by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Great subject George. Have you got one taken with your 55-200. I think a bit of compression with the boats on the horizon might work well.

Great subject George. Have you got one taken with your 55-200. I think a bit of compression with the boats on the horizon might work well.

Thank you Sir, you’re reply sure is appreciated.(y)

“None as yet with the longer lens, its something I may try though on my next or subsequent visits”

George.

Back