The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

My first attempt at star trails. Lots (60+?) 30 second exposures at f2 (12mm Samyang) iso 1600 blended in StarTrax. Taken in middle of nowhere in central Italy but our house has a streetlight attached which caused some light pollution. Clear skies are forecast for tonight so I will have another go with a different composition.
StarTrail I by Ian, on Flickr

Spincredible !!

4.10 works just fine, focus stacking works and no lock ups, been in my camera since it was released
OOOh, no lock-ups !
I never had those on 2.(something), but have found since upgrading to 4.10 (which is really 3.something) that I've had to take the battery out to un-freeze the camera a number of times.
So, that may have gone away? cool.
Looks like I need the upgrade then :)

My first attempt at star trails. Lots (60+?) 30 second exposures at f2 (12mm Samyang) iso 1600 blended in StarTrax. Taken in middle of nowhere in central Italy but our house has a streetlight attached which caused some light pollution. Clear skies are forecast for tonight so I will have another go with a different composition.

That's lovely Ian.

Just a simple Candid/Landscape type Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of part of the River Stour that flows through the town.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/180th @F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Canterbury River Stour (2) (M)-03255M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.
A really nice piece of monochromatic work George sadly I’ve never visited that part of the U.K.

Last edited:
Quick snap from the garden, this morning ... Been stupid busy with work so haven`t had much time to get out recently, but off to Swanage soon, so hopefully will be able to grab a few pix :)

vine by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Last edited:
Quick snap from the garden, this morning ... Been stupid busy with work so haven`t had much time to get out recently, but off to Swanage soon, so hopefully will be able to grab a few pix :)

vine by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice capture love the way you have controlled the dof (y)

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of an old Discarded Winch Assembly that looks like it was powered by an old four pot side vent gasoline engine with the cog box & shift stick still attached, possibly used for hauling fishing boats or catch up the beach from the sea.
In the background you can see one of the many old boats scattered about on the beach that have just been Left Behind.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 10-24mm Lens, 1/420th @ F8, ISO-200, Monopod. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look with this snap.
Things Left Behind (13) (Dungeness)-03250 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

A lovely piece of the past works so well as a monochrome image (y)

And yet another stunning shot (y)

A really nice piece of monochromatic work George sadly I’ve ever visited that part of the U.K.

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

"Its a very pleasant place to spend some time and usually quite a bit going on somewhere, sadly I don't get much chance to drift that way myself these days"

George.

A lovely piece of the past works so well as a monochrome image (y)

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

"It sure is a fascinating area and absolutely loads of photographic opportunities"

George.

Just charging up batteries for both the X-T20 and X-T2 then I can do my firmware update as totally forgot. Plus it looks like I will be getting the XF 90mm f2, which is the lens I really do want as going to start getting into portraits of the singers and vocalists. I did try my mates 56mm but kept knocking the aperture ring plus I want WR :)

a massive amount of XT2 being sold on the classifieds is that for the xt3? a7iii or the prospect of nikons new offering
Likely for the Sony or to X-H1 I'd imagine, given the others are yet to be released. Don't think I've seen anyone selling up ready for the incoming models.

Last edited:
Friends of ours wanted a few photo's taken of their B&B in Central Scotland last month, just got round to editing them today.

Kirrie B&B - Dunning - Central Scotland

Kirrie B&B - Central Scotland by APM Photography, on Flickr

T1 - XF10-24mm - iso 200 - @ f/11

a massive amount of XT2 being sold on the classifieds is that for the xt3? a7iii or the prospect of nikons new offering
i will be sticking with my Existing collection of gear for the time being but never say never I guess :)

Last edited:
Just charging up batteries for both the X-T20 and X-T2 then I can do my firmware update as totally forgot. Plus it looks like I will be getting the XF 90mm f2, which is the lens I really do want as going to start getting into portraits of the singers and vocalists. I did try my mates 56mm but kept knocking the aperture ring plus I want WR :)
I don't think WR is all it's cracked up to be in all honesty I have never purchased a item of gear because it's supposed to be weather resistant but it's a great selling point for manufacturers :)
Saying that both lens are cracking pieces in there own right (y)

I don't think WR is all it's cracked up to be in all honesty I have never purchased a item of gear because it's supposed to be weather resistant but it's a great selling point for manufacturers :)
Saying that both lens are cracking pieces in there own right (y)

Same here Phil everybody to there own of course, I've always carried a couple of those plastic camera covers or an umbrella if I am doing landscapes. The biggest problem for me is keeping the lens clean.

Same here Phil everybody to there own of course, I've always carried a couple of those plastic camera covers or an umbrella if I am doing landscapes. The biggest problem for me is keeping the lens clean.
Yes that the best water protection barring a proper waterproof housing used by divers.

It's not just water though - sealing is good for keeping dust out as well

That was the other reason for me too, as I take a lot of images while at the beach here. Plus a lot of the reviews put the 90mm ahead of the 56mm but both are still great lenses.

That was the other reason for me too, as I take a lot of images while at the beach here. Plus a lot of the reviews put the 90mm ahead of the 56mm but both are still great lenses.
The other reason getting the 90mm is I can stand back further as don`t want to be right in their faces, but as others know both these great lenses can be used for other things too not just portraits :)
Plus all my bags are totally weather sealed too.

I had both the 56 and the 90, I now only have the 90, its a truly fantastic lens, and makes some of the most gorgeous images, it is very flattering as a portrait lens, and IMO is kinder to the face than the 56. It also has a slightly different colour rendition, which I prefer. It focuses faster than the 56, and has WR, but it doesn't work at F1.2!!!, that said its so lovely at F2 its a shame not just to use it wide open!!!

At first I was worried about the weight, then I checked what my old Canon 70D and 70-200mm f4 is L was, and I was happy both the Fuji X-T2 + 90mm will be lighter in weight. Can`t wait till I order it and really look forward to learning how to use it right :)

It works pretty well on the X-T20 as well, though the balance on the X-T2 is better.

Back