The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Harsh but fair! The EF42 is OK but expensive and offers decent TTL on-shoe or connected through a cable. The others are too small. But if you can live with manual then several cheapo triggers work and you can use any flash you like.

Thanks for the replies, manual probably wouldnt be too bad as it would most likely be portraits at home.

Couldn't hold out any longer. Ordered from Park. Free case and UHS 128Gig card.

Do you think Fuji would be interested to know that the free case is one of the things stopping me pre ordering the X-T1? I don't really do leather if I can avoid it......

Do you think Fuji would be interested to know that the free case is one of the things stopping me pre ordering the X-T1? I don't really do leather if I can avoid it......

I guess it hasn't occurred to them...

To whom? Everybody buying an X-T1 gets one. And you'd have to be a weird sort of collector who wanted the case without the camera. I might start a Facebook group to complain ;)

Wouldve been better if they chucked in a free 18mm (they are after all worth nothing nowadays). Then they would shift them very quickly imo.

To whom? Everybody buying an X-T1 gets one. And you'd have to be a weird sort of collector who wanted the case without the camera. I might start a Facebook group to complain ;)

I forwarded your concern to my brother at fuji. I'll wait to see how he replies ;)

I think you should email them Jonathan, saying something along the lines of

"Hi, My name is Jonathan, I am not buying your X-T1 because of your silly leather case offer. Don't you know who I am??? Come on, sort it out, give me a free battery grip instead and I am all yours :)"

Hehehe :)

Their always somebody who misses the deal and want one later,i just mangers to get in on time for the 128gb card as well :)

Wouldve been better if they chucked in a free 18mm (they are after all worth nothing nowadays). Then they would shift them very quickly imo.

Its very rare to get any sort of deal on body only,i think if they would of had say the 16-55 F2.8 coming out at the same time,you might of got the drive put into the deal on per orders :)

Its very rare to get any sort of deal on body only,i think if they would of had say the 16-55 F2.8 coming out at the same time,you might of got the drive put into the deal on per orders :)

They shouldve done it (free 18mm) as a 1 month launch promo for current and new adopters, new adopters dont wont to spend £1050 then still another £250+ on a lens to see if its worth keeping the camera imo. For current users it would be a good incentive to upgrade their old cameras instead of waiting for a price drop as they feel they have gotten a decent deal (better than stupid case and card, who doesnt have cards?!).

A loss leader.

Last edited:
Who doesn't have the 18mm?

Me, I sold it, so did a lot of people. If I got one free Id sell it again, making the body cheaper, if I were a new buyer into Fuji I could spend the money and test the camera immediately instead of coughing up for a lens.

Theyre giving free lenses away with pretty much every camera they sell, its shifting cameras, wouldnt you agree?

Last edited:
They shouldve done it (free 18mm) as a 1 month launch promo for current and new adopters, new adopters dont wont to spend £1050 then still another £250+ on a lens to see if its worth keeping the camera imo. For current users it would be a good incentive to upgrade their old cameras instead of waiting for a price drop as they feel they have gotten a decent deal (better than stupid case and card, who doesnt have cards?!).

A loss leader.

I can see when your coming from,i was just saying that its very rare for any manufacture to give anything with a body only price :)

I can see when your coming from,i was just saying that its very rare for any manufacture to give anything with a body only price :)

I know..... perhaps they should start (as an introductory thing, Fujis trying to make a name for themselves). The case is 'worth' £100, the card another £100, thats not far off a 18mm tbh.

I know..... perhaps they should start (as an introductory thing, Fujis trying to make a name for themselves). The case is 'worth' £100, the card another £100, thats not far off a 18mm tbh.
I would bet that margins on those are much better so it costs Fuji less

They don't need to promote the X-T1.

Ha ha, yeah sure. Everything has to be well marketed and promoted. Why do you think they are throwing in free gifts with it. Wether it's a lens or other, it's still an incentive and it's being promoted.

Last edited:
I may have accidentally pre-ordered one, to sit on the shelf alongside my X-E1... :)

I'm echoing the sadness at lack of a 1/8000s shutter (and especially the 1/180s sync speed) though.

Agreed. They were known as (n)ever ready cases back in the 80s ! That should read never ready, I put the n in brackets but got a smily instead.

Last edited:
Still no news on the release date yet. Fuji don't even know !

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

The Fujifilm Camera Remote App is now available to download to iPhone / iPad from iTunes. I have a portable mifi (wifi) in theory if i'm out an about I can take an exposure, press the Fn button on the top-plate and then transmit the image direct to an iPad or iPhone.

The Fujifilm Camera Remote App is now available to download to iPhone / iPad from iTunes. I have a portable mifi (wifi) in theory if i'm out an about I can take an exposure, press the Fn button on the top-plate and then transmit the image direct to an iPad or iPhone.

If the Fuji wifi transfer is like the eyefi card I use, you wouldn't need the mifi in between because the camera will create it's own wireless hotspot which your IPad can connect to before transferring the images across.

Steve

If the Fuji wifi transfer is like the eyefi card I use, you wouldn't need the mifi in between because the camera will create it's own wireless hotspot which your IPad can connect to before transferring the images across.

Steve

I don't know i'm not that techinical but wifi is detailed in the manual (link above)

Oly did a free battery grip with the EM1 for pre orders and Fuji have done the same, unfortunately for most of us its only in Canada.

Anyone got a weight for the battery grip yet? I cant find one anywhere and need to do my sums to see if I can handle the all up weight.

Oly did a free battery grip with the EM1 for pre orders and Fuji have done the same, unfortunately for most of us its only in Canada.

Anyone got a weight for the battery grip yet? I cant find one anywhere and need to do my sums to see if I can handle the all up weight.

The grip offer is brilliant, had they offered that here rather than the case it would have been an absolute no-brainer for me. I think I'm probably going to sit on it for now, knowing Fuji once things have settled they will offer some pretty aggressive deals...but that may take longer than expected as apparently pre-orders are running at double Fuji's original estimates.

Back