The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

How are the Lee filters with colour cast? In any event, it seems rather unfortunate that all the small lee filters work with every fuji lens - save for the 10-24.
If I remember correctly, one of the videos on the Lee web site mentions a slight blue cast on the big/little stoppers.

Strongly considering switching out my Nikon kit for a Fuji X - I travel a lot and frequently leave the SLR at home because it's a bit of a pain carting it around, the Fuji X system seems so much lighter and more portable, plus the files it produces seem frequently gorgeous!

I had a little play with an XT-10 in Currys earlier and found it a good little looker (I really like the styling) and pretty intuitive to use considering I just picked it up off the rack. For all you esteemed Fuji X users - is there anything I really need to consider before getting stuck into the Fuji's - XT10 vs XT1 for example for anyone who has experience of both?

I have an x-t10. Found it a bit small at first, didn't feel like I could get a proper hold on it, so wished i'd got the xt1. Have since got a third party grip and love it.

Would probably prefer the size of xt1, and weather sealing, and I hear the evf is better, but none of those warrant the price increase for me personally, YMMV.

You need words of wisdom from @Mr Perceptive. He has both. General consensus seems to be that if you are coming from a DSLR (as many of us have) then you should look at the T1. Then there's the question of the soon to be released X-T2. So many decisions.

Fuji X users - is there anything I really need to consider before getting stuck into the Fuji's - XT10 vs XT1

Yes there is most definitely !! you'll need more spare cash as the Fooj-X system is very addictive. :D:D

How are the Lee filters with colour cast? In any event, it seems rather unfortunate that all the small lee filters work with every fuji lens - save for the 10-24.

Re Lee Seven5:- Not strictly true... You may well get vignetting on the 14mm with stacked filters, and they definitely won't work on the Samyang 12mm and Zeiss 12mm. I also suspect that they may well be borderline on the 16-55, as it has quite a large filter ring size.

I went for the Hitech 85mm as they covered all the Fuji bases

Strongly considering switching out my Nikon kit for a Fuji X - I travel a lot and frequently leave the SLR at home because it's a bit of a pain carting it around, the Fuji X system seems so much lighter and more portable, plus the files it produces seem frequently gorgeous!

I had a little play with an XT-10 in Currys earlier and found it a good little looker (I really like the styling) and pretty intuitive to use considering I just picked it up off the rack. For all you esteemed Fuji X users - is there anything I really need to consider before getting stuck into the Fuji's - XT10 vs XT1 for example for anyone who has experience of both?

I swapped my XT-10 for an XT-1 - it cost me £200 and even then I'm not really sure it was worth it (although if I picked up an Xt-10 now I might say different)

The biggest improvements are the EVF and the handling of the XT-1 - as soon as I picked up the XT-1 it just felt so right and the EVF is pretty special even though its been around for a few years.

Popped down to Carmarthen Cameras this afternoon to pick up a 16-55mm f/2.8 and a 50-140mm f/2.8 and realised that they'd be sitting in a cupboard until the 8th September so I bought a secondhand X-T1 to play with while I wait... I'd forgotten how light and handy it is compared to my Nikon gear. :D

I've now got to decide whether to keep the X-T1 as a second body or sell it when my X-T2 arrives. :)

The X-T10 doesn't have wifi does it ? That's the one thing I love, those lovely JPG's pass straight to my tablet and then on to social media, should I fancy it. Go out and shoot, stop for coffee (and cake) and upload the JPG's while you're sitting there - really handy.....

I'm at my mates wedding this weekend, shoot, drink, upload, quick edit in Snapseed and then onto t'web.....

Last edited:
The X-T10 doesn't have wifi does it ? That's the one thing I love, those lovely JPG's pass straight to my tablet and then on to social media, should I fancy it. Go out and shoot, stop for coffee (and cake) and upload the JPG's while you're sitting there - really handy.....

I'm at my mates wedding this weekend, shoot, drink, upload, quick edit in Snapseed and then onto t'web.....

The XT10 does have wifi it just doesnt have the direct access button like the XT1.
Think you ise the fn button instead on the XT10

The XT10 does have wifi it just doesnt have the direct access button like the XT1.

You do indeed. Doesn't cause me any issues that I'd need a dedicated button tbh, though would agree it's an excellent feature once set up properly.

I always do it from playback mode... Find picture I like, hit OK twice, start app on phone. *shrug*

Popped down to Carmarthen Cameras this afternoon to pick up a 16-55mm f/2.8 and a 50-140mm f/2.8 and realised that they'd be sitting in a cupboard until the 8th September so I bought a secondhand X-T1 to play with while I wait... I'd forgotten how light and handy it is compared to my Nikon gear. :D

I've now got to decide whether to keep the X-T1 as a second body or sell it when my X-T2 arrives. :)
Is September 8th a definite ?

Really wanted to like the XT-10, but despite only having small'ish hands I just couldn't get a decent hold on it. Bought a X-E2 instead, suits me better and has pretty much the same features now and think they even share a manual.

Really wanted to like the XT-10, but despite only having small'ish hands I just couldn't get a decent hold on it. Bought a X-E2 instead, suits me better and has pretty much the same features now and think they even share a manual.
Interesting. I was considering the same, since I very much prefer the rangefinder form factor. I can live without a flippy screen, will have to take a closer look at what's different.

nteresting. I was considering the same, since I very much prefer the rangefinder form factor. I can live without a flippy screen, will have to take a closer look at what's different.

If you get the x-e2s nothing different feature wise, x-e2 doesn't have auto option and I think that's pretty much it

Strange, I found the xe2 harder to get a good grip of.
I spent £30 on a 3rd party L plate grip for the xt10 and it made a huge difference.

That's what I've been led to believe Jim. :)
I (foolishly) ordered mine with Jessops, The only reason I did so was because they gave me a very good trade in on an old beaten up EOS M I had, plus the £100 trade in bonus. What a mistake that was, talk about a shambolic experience. I pre-ordered the X-T2 I also wanted to take advantage of the £100 off the booster grip. They couldn't do it, the "correct" codes weren't on their system. So after 2 hours in the shop they suggested I come back next week and they would get the codes. Anyway I arrived a week later, this time I was in the store for 90 minutes while the "incorrect" codes were chased up. Long story short they had to refund me £100 for a canvas print I never bought, the only way they could think of giving me the £100 discount !
Two saturday mornings wasted, Nearly £10 in expensive city centre parking charges.Jessops really isn't a camera shop, they seem more interested in printing snapshots. I rang their customer care manager to complain, after 3 (unsuccessful) attempts to speak to him/her they decided to compensate me with a 16GB memory card for my pre-ordered camera. It arrived a few days later, a Sandisk extreme 16GB Micro SD card FFS !
Anyway it's back to my usual Calumet in the future, the £30 extra I got on my trade in was not worth the hassle and aggravation.
I only hope I do get the camera and booster grip on the 8th September, but I'm not banking on it !
Lesson learned.

Totally agree, Jessops are just box shifters, only ever been in to handle a camera and each time I've been pounced on my salesman who clearly knew nothing about photography [emoji15]

Anyway I arrived a week later,
Must admire your balls/optimism. There's plenty of places willing to take your money. I wouldn't have returned for one simple reason; if that's how they treat you when you are giving them some business what would it be like if/when you had a problem that needed fixing. Doesn't inspire confidence that they will sort things out.

Yeah it's a lesson learned, it must be an age things to do something random for no sensible reason. Well I did £30 more for my EOS M trade in compared to Calumet and WEX

Question for the 50-140 owners. Is it normal for there to be something notably moving inside the lens when its not attached to a camera?

I saw something online suggesting this was to do with the OS but wanted to check other owners here to make sure. I can't test the lens on camera yet as I only have the X100t pending delivery of the XT 2. :(

Question for the 50-140 owners. Is it normal for there to be something notably moving inside the lens when its not attached to a camera?

I saw something online suggesting this was to do with the OS but wanted to check other owners here to make sure. I can't test the lens on camera yet as I only have the X100t pending delivery of the XT 2. :(
Where abouts are you located? I'd happily lend you a body to have a mess around to ensure all is up to scratch

Totally agree, Jessops are just box shifters, only ever been in to handle a camera and each time I've been pounced on my salesman who clearly knew nothing about photography [emoji15]

Ours have some display models but pretty much zero actual stock. Possibly a couple of Canon things but they hold no interest for me (as a Nikon/Fuji user.) They can get stuff in to order but I'd have to pay in full for them to do so, leading me to believe that their suppliers are once bitten, twice shy so want to make sure they actually get paid for the goods and wait for the cheques to clear before sending them out. I would be very wary of buying on that basis.

I've noticed a wobble on several lenses, looks much like some kind of floating element. I assume it's to do with the IS, the lenses work great!

Question for the 50-140 owners. Is it normal for there to be something notably moving inside the lens when its not attached to a camera...

I'm guessing it's something to do with the image stabilisation because it only happens if the camera's switched off... As soon as you turn it on, the rattling stops. :)

So I take it its normal? Have never noticed it on a lens before.

I've never noticed it on a lens before but my 50-140 is brand new so I'm assuming that it's normal. The fact that it stops when the camera's switched on makes me think it is. :)

bring on 8 September...
Don't get too hung up on 8 September. It may not happen.
Schedule is for delivery to UK retailers to be made on 5 September with public release on 8th. That's the plan. The reality is not expected to be like that. Fuji could well surprise everyone and stick to it but that will be a first. The feeling in my local shop is that a two week delay wouldn't be unexpected or unusual.
Of course we could all be wrong and the date will be 8th. It's just like waiting for Xmas ain't it?

The most worrying lens to buy is the 90mm. I lifted mine out of the box and listened to the "thunking" sound as I turned it over :eek: Remember that the 90 has no OIS so couldn't even put it down to that.
However that's the noise they make and it stops as soon as the camera is switched on.

Back