The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

So Fujiholics - I've just had an accidental NY purchase to add to my burgeoning Fuji collection. Curry's currently have £100 off (until tomorrow) on Camera's over £1k. And they have a further bundle deal for 20% off if bought with a bundled lens. So, an X-Pro2 body only is currently £1349, but with the £100 off, it's £1249 - good, but not exceptional. However, if you scroll down the page, you can buy it with the 35mm 1.4 for a combined price of £1436. But then you can apply the £100 off code IMAGING100, making it a pretty amazing £1336 for an X-Pro2 and 35mm 1.4 (that lens is £429 on the site separately). And then it's still eligible for the £100 Fuji cashback, making it £1236 for camera and lens together. Seems like a deal to me. My only dilemma is with the missus - I kind of talked her into needing a Fuji compatible with my X-T2 and lenses for travel and the like. And she agreed.
Can you sort out brexit next, thanks ;)

Someone further in the thread mentioned double cashback has been extended. Not sure if it's still available.

I think that's over now - I did look to see if I could buy the combo when it was on, but it wasn't available then. I think Curry's have screwed up actually - they are applying the 20% to the whole cost, as opposed to the lens only. The same combo is available at Calumet for £1748.20 including the 20% off the 35mm 1.4 :) :) And they haven't got the additional £100 retailer discount either.

I can't actually decide if I want the Pro2 as well as the X-T2, but I do love a bargain :)

Last edited:
I think that's over now - I did look to see if I could buy the combo when it was on, but it wasn't available then. I think Curry's have screwed up actually - they are applying the 20% to the whole cost, as opposed to the lens only. The same combo is available at Calumet for £1748.20 including the 20% off the 35mm 1.4 :) :) And they haven't got the additional £100 retailer discount either.

I can't actually decide if I want the Pro2 as well as the X-T2, but I do love a bargain :)
I think you've missed the additional £40 lens cashback ?

Great shot Sir, and very well caught. Would probably work pretty well in mono.(y)

George.
Thanks George! And yes, when I shoot these, it's always in the Mono/R mode so that what it is in the viewfinder will work in mono. Then later on I decide whether to keep the colour in the RAW or not. In the case, I felt the contrast between the yellow foreground and blue background helped the shot read a bit more easily. Other times the WB issues just can't be resolved, or the shot simply looks stronger in mono....

I've been very lax on posting pictures lately, hers some from a trip to the lakes last November.

My Back Garden by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Distant View of Skiddaw by Graham

Norton, on Flickr

High Brandlehow Jetty by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Derwent Water by Graham Norton, on Flickr

As Time Goes By - In Explore 30/11/2016 by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Distant Views by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Rather a lot in one go Im afraid.

These are pretty special. Very nice images indeed, really nice tones to them too.

I'd remove the borders too though ;)

I've got serious GAS already this year, I want a new XPRO2 and X100T.. . ..

XT2 users - has anyone else noticed a white bar appearing in the evf when the shutter is released? I've seen it a good few times over christmas. It's a fully white bar, about 10-20% of the width of short viewfinder axis and is located off centre of this axis and extends across the whole of the long axis. It has happened with the 56, 18-135 and 55-200 so it's not lens related. The grip is on and performance mode selected. Various metering and drive modes. If it's a firmware bug that other people have seen then I'm happy to wait for a fix but if it's hardware I'd like to get it sorted in a gap between needing the camera for travel/family events.

For all the fanboys packed lunches. ;)

IMG_20161231_132207_HDR.jpg
:fuji:

I got one of these off my granddaughter for Xmas along with some other photographic novelties love it :)

XT2 users - has anyone else noticed a white bar appearing in the evf when the shutter is released? I've seen it a good few times over christmas. It's a fully white bar, about 10-20% of the width of short viewfinder axis and is located off centre of this axis and extends across the whole of the long axis. It has happened with the 56, 18-135 and 55-200 so it's not lens related. The grip is on and performance mode selected. Various metering and drive modes. If it's a firmware bug that other people have seen then I'm happy to wait for a fix but if it's hardware I'd like to get it sorted in a gap between needing the camera for travel/family events.

No never seen this on mine.

Playing around with Acros and it was a dull outside as these portray. All taken XT2 and 18-55mm
DSCF7101_DxO_zpsczbjgvll.jpg

Random shot of young lad walking two active dogs. He looked so bored, cold and spent most of the time I watched him looking at his phone
DSCF7104_DxO_zpsaa17qji1.jpg

Hi, may now be swapping X-T1 for a 2. I'm a bit out of touch, did the question over whether X-T1 batteries can be used in an X-T2 get resolved?

Hi, may now be swapping X-T1 for a 2. I'm a bit out of touch, did the question over whether X-T1 batteries can be used in an X-T2 get resolved?
I'm using my old Ex Pro and Hahnel from my XT-1 in the 2 with no issues.

Those X-T1 shooters who've now moved to the X-T2 do you think it's been worth the upgrade ? Love to hear your thoughts please....

I'm toying with the idea of moving to the X-T2 (?)

Regards;
Peter

Those X-T1 shooters who've now moved to the X-T2 do you think it's been worth the upgrade ? Love to hear your thoughts please....

Regards;
Peter
I moved due to improved AF on moving subjects as I have a fast dog !!! I also intend to do motorsport with it this year. The XT-1 is still a lovely tool but the XT-2 is so much faster all round and the joystick for moving the focus point is great. Is it worth the extra ? Probably not for most people, to be honest it's a bit of an indulgence for me, made tracking easier otherwise I see no major difference as i'm not a pixel peeper.

Regards;
Peter
Depends on why you're thinking of moving. For me, I value the joystick and the reduction in shutter lag. There is an IQ improvement, but in my mind high-ISO noise is slightly worse, or at least different. It's touch and go if I'd do it again given hindsight, but I'm happy enough to keep the 2.

I'm using my old Ex Pro and Hahnel from my XT-1 in the 2 with no issues.

OK cheers.

It's the AF and joystick that's making the difference for me and there's enough good reports out there now...Plus I saw images from a friends Pro 2 and she was happy they were a bit improved on the 1.

Looks like I'm about to become a fully paid up member of this forum.

Despite vowing allegiance to my X30 I've gone and ordered a XT10 and 18-55.

Might have to sell the X30 but will hang on to the Nikon stuff.

If it goes well I might even post some images.

Is anybody using the XT2 with 100-400 for bird photography? I was out yesterday with my Olympus E-M5ii and 75-300 trying to track owls in flight in quite good light but the results were very poor. The hit rate for in-focus shots was very low which I accept may be down to me but was partly the equipment. Would the Fuji fare better?

Taken with the new XT-2 and 100-400 lens from the South bank of the River Humber across to Hull

Hull from Goxhill.jpg

Back