The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

:eek:!!

Fujifilm has suggested retail prices of £2149 for the X-Pro2 Graphite Special Edition and £1649 for the X-T2 Graphite Silver Edition.

Madness !!!

Ouch, I'm sure prices might drop in a few months time. :)
I prefer black for the XT-2

I got a really nice strap, and the leather half case for my XT-2. Fuji have double cashback on the xpro2 again at the moment and I'm sorely tempted as a second "primes" body. I really don't need it, but.....

This was the strap I got (black with red whipping). Ridiculously nice quality and amazing,y good value:

https://www.facebook.com/HyperionCameraStraps/?pnref=story
Where can you buy these? I've seen them and they look amazing, but can't seem to find anywhere where I can actually buy them. Immensely infuriating! :mad:

Where can you buy these? I've seen them and they look amazing, but can't seem to find anywhere where I can actually buy them. Immensely infuriating! :mad:

Maybe I'm missing something? The link you quoted has a "shop now" option.

Slick, this would make an awesome large print

Thanks, i'm hoping to persuade wifey to "let" me hang a triptych of them on the landing (we have the perfect white wall ready to go!)

Will use that one, The Shard...

and maybe this one (which I forgot I had also done)...

Last edited:
I'll be sticking with black on both accounts! My lenses are black and I can't see silver or graphite being produced over the entire range and if there were it would be hellish expensive to convert.. so unless you are after essentially an expensive walk about with the XPro2 I don't think you should bother.. X100F is coming after all.

I fixed the hot shoe mount cover on mine with a more premium look by using an olympus part. Looks much cleaner than the ones Fuji supply.

Dare I say it.. I prefer the look of he black XT1 and XT2.. haters don't hurt me :D

Maybe I'm missing something? The link you quoted has a "shop now" option.

DOH!!!!. I've just been looking on Google for them but all I could find was a blog page, but no option to buy. I didn't think that there would have been a buy now option on Facebook and can't check as my work block Facebook. This kinda feels like a brick wall and head banging situation. My Bad!

Thanks, i'm hoping to persuade wifey to "let" me hang a triptych of them on the landing (we have the perfect white wall ready to go!)

Brilliant Ash.........You could easily sell these all day long! Love them.

:)

did you use any ND filter for these?

DOH!!!!. I've just been looking on Google for them but all I could find was a blog page, but no option to buy. I didn't think that there would have been a buy now option on Facebook and can't check as my work block Facebook. This kinda feels like a brick wall and head banging situation. My Bad!
If you find the Facebook page you just then message them with what you want. They then send you a photo when ready and you pay them by PayPal, decent service and straps.

Grab shot of my youngest granddaughter taken using the 35mm F2 and XT-2
DSCF7111_DxO_zps0tlf0xjz.jpg

:eek:!!

Fujifilm has suggested retail prices of £2149 for the X-Pro2 Graphite Special Edition and £1649 for the X-T2 Graphite Silver Edition.

Madness !!!

In the case of the X-Pro2, this might explain the high price, taken from the Fujifilm EU website

"The camera is sold together with the FUJINON XF23mm F2 R WR lens and LH-XF35-2 lens hood in the same graphite colour as the body"

In the case of the X-Pro2, this might explain the high price, taken from the Fujifilm EU website

"The camera is sold together with the FUJINON XF23mm F2 R WR lens and LH-XF35-2 lens hood in the same graphite colour as the body"
It'll contribute to the cost for sure, but still sounds like an expensive 23mm though, no?

It'll contribute to the cost for sure, but still sounds like an expensive 23mm though, no?

No idea about the rrp of these items, bound to be a premium for the new colour though.

Well, if you guys are looking for an XT2 + Grip mine will be coming up soon as I've not shot anything in ages now so its just being wasted.

Other items going up will be the 56mm f1.2, Samyang 12mm F2 & Samyang 85mm 1.4 (Nikon but its manual anyway so doesn't matter)

Someone has shown an interest in the XT2 under my XT1 for sale thread so obviously they have first refusal.

Funnily enough as I was discussing it with the kids (they truly are sensible, much more sensible than me) that an offer was made :D

Last edited:
Well, if you guys are looking for an XT2 + Grip mine will be coming up soon as I've not shot anything in ages now so its just being wasted.

Other items going up will be the 56mm f1.2, Samyang 12mm F2 & Samyang 85mm 1.4 (Nikon but its manual anyway so doesn't matter)

Someone has shown an interest in the XT2 under my XT1 for sale thread so obviously they have first refusal.

Funnily enough as I was discussing it with the kids (they truly are sensible, much more sensible than me) that an offer was made :D
I'll be selling my XT1 GSE too as I shot with it the other day and got the painterly effect again despite me thinking I'd resolved the issue. Even though it is nit picking I don't think I'm going to get past this issue so I've decided to sell. I'll be selling my 18-55, 18-135m and 35mm f1.4 too. I'll try and get pics and an ad up in the for sale section this weekend.

I'll be selling my XT1 GSE too as I shot with it the other day and got the painterly effect again despite me thinking I'd resolved the issue. Even though it is nit picking I don't think I'm going to get past this issue so I've decided to sell. I'll be selling my 18-55, 18-135m and 35mm f1.4 too. I'll try and get pics and an ad up in the for sale section this weekend.

what you guys buying if you sell your Fuji?

I'm keeping Fuji - just going to the XT1 + 90mm + 18-135mm

I've not shot much stuff for a while so was going to do a full sell up and quit but the kids talked me round.

I'm keeping Fuji - just going to the XT1 + 90mm + 18-135mm

I've not shot much stuff for a while so was going to do a full sell up and quit but the kids talked me round.

What makes you decide to get rid of the XT2 but keep the XT1? Gets more cash on the XT2?

Nothing for now tbh. The Fuji was my 'lightweight'/travel option but I think next time I go away for the weekend/go on holiday I'll take the D750 and see how much of a PITA it is. If it proves to be too bulky/heavy as I think it will be I'll have to rethink my lightweight option. I may go back to Olympus but who knows ;)

Nothing for now tbh. The Fuji was my 'lightweight'/travel option but I think next time I go away for the weekend/go on holiday I'll take the D750 and see how much of a PITA it is. If it proves to be too bulky/heavy as I think it will be I'll have to rethink my lightweight option. I may go back to Olympus but who knows ;)

To be honest I took the D750 to the lakes before and it wasn't that bad, its a very good sized body and an excellent camera all round, if I were to go back to anything larger it would be the D750.

What makes you decide to get rid of the XT2 but keep the XT1? Gets more cash on the XT2?

Basically yes - the XT2s outstanding but wasted on me at this time so better to let it go to a good home and get used than sit in my cupboard.

I think the D750 will be ok if you don't add the grip and take heavy lens. I kinda regret selling my D700 and kept the D3. My D3 is fantastic but is always bulky .......

There a lot of used X-T1s about at the moment, WEX alone still have over 50, so selling an X-T2 at the moment is always going to be easier, unless the X-T1 is at a bargain bucket price

Toby, which lens were you shooting with, there are some suggestions that certain (zoom) lenses are more prone to the effect, I'm not sure how this would be possible, but the internet is full of wild rumours!!!! But I'm also sure that if you do plump for the Nikon 58mm f1.4 as hinted at on another thread, you will be in a world of pain, a lens that is optimised to produce aesthetically pleasing images doesn't sound like the right lens for you!!!!!

To be honest I took the D750 to the lakes before and it wasn't that bad, its a very good sized body and an excellent camera all round, if I were to go back to anything larger it would be the D750.

I think the D750 will be ok if you don't add the grip and take heavy lens. I kinda regret selling my D700 and kept the D3. My D3 is fantastic but is always bulky .......

My 'walkabout' lens is the 24-120mm f4 which gives a combined weight of 1550g vs 930g for the XT1 with 18-135mm and I do notice that extra 600g, but we'll see. It might not be as bad as I think ;)

Back