The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Was so much wanting to like this kit but now I have it in the hand I'm really not sure. Should have thought it through first, but between the X30 for portability and the ease of use of the Nikon I'm not sure where the XT10 fits for me.

I was intending to out the X30 for the better quality of the XT10, but now realise by the time I get ready for a day out shooting, (carry strap, alternative lens in bag etc) I might just as well man-up and carry the Nikon.

I appreciate I've not given the XT10 much time but to have to RTFM to simply find PASM modes came as a surprise. Remembering the rest of the set up is likely to require me to undertake brain training exercises first.

I have the rest of the weekend to decide but at the moment I think it will be going back to Fuji on Monday. Such a shame really, but at least I tried it.
If you can't find A mode, you should have gone to SpecSavers! :)

Seriously though, if you want any help just post. Some of the menus are bit fiddly, but these days I only go into them to format the card.

Keep at it Pete, it'll return. BTW has your pup got an injury. Seems to have a bloody foot.
Thanks Trevor, within in the past 5/6 months her back foot has turned a bit 'pinky' coloured (??), and when the grass is wet it looks like it's bleeding but it's not, very strange.

She's not in any pain with it, just a discolouration for some reason, we can't work it out.

Cheers;
Peter

Thanks Trevor, within in the past 5/6 months her back foot has turned a bit 'pinky' coloured (??), and when the grass is wet it looks like it's bleeding but it's not, very strange.

She's not in any pain with it, just a discolouration for some reason, we can't work it out.

Cheers;
Peter
It's usually a sign of the dog licking the paw. A habit they sometimes get into. Can be stress related. We have a rescue Jack Russell who picked up this habit when she was recovering in kennels before we adopted her, and after a year with us is slowly getting out of the habit. Nothing to really worry about if she's otherwise healthy.

Our German shepherd used to do this, I dabbed Hibiscrub on the paw once a day and she grew out of doing it (probably helped by the taste of Hibiscrub)!

Still enjoying the squares.

2017_0107_14062300_1483815797368_1483816021861.jpg

Another of my "Oxford canal by night" efforts, this time in sinister mono :). In some of them the white balance resolves to something pleasing. But sometimes not!

Canal Dreams 3
by David Hallett, on Flickr

"Excellent" bit of work Sir, with a good full range of punchy mono tones.(y)

George.

Got a 10-24 for xmas,only just got out with it, no tripod yet, edited in LR, snapped this while out grabbing graffiti pics, liked the way the fog was coming in. Thanks all for being an inspiration-loving the canal dreams @david.hallett

Whats going on here? I just managed to put a $3500 free lens in my shopping cart! You could order it click and collect fly out to new York for a holiday come home and sell it and it would have paid for the holiday.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1263381-REG/fujifilm_x_t2_mirrorless_digital_camera.html

...or get it shipped for an extra $71 :)

I doubt it would go through as its not is stock so plenty of time to pick up the mistake, but hell if you've the cash give it a go.

Edit: I mentioned it to my wife and she said what about customs... so if calc'd out at full value that could be heading on for another grand couldn't it?
Edit 2: Did a quick calc - no duty it seems, but VAT at £815 or so, unless its just the value of the sale then that would be around £320

Last edited:
It's been picked up and confirmed it won't be honoured. All over Facebook and Petapixel apparently (they just remove the lens from your order).

It's been picked up and confirmed it won't be honoured. All over Facebook and Petapixel apparently.

Yeah, looks like a simple filter mistake (code wise they missed the bit at the end that was something like and offer=1;) or someone flagged up all the lenses as part of a bundle deal.

Last edited:
Hi all, I've recently bought an X-T10 for holiday photos with the family, instead of lugging my D810's around. But I haven't found a wireless remote release for it and was wondering if anyone could recommend one to me? I know I can trigger using the phone app but I find these quite awkward when posing a family photo and possibly carrying a kid or two! :runaway:

love the shot and comp, but have to ask what are the fine vertical lines covering the image?
Oh yeah!? That's weird I wifi'd it to my phone and bumped up the contrast then uploaded it to a host site. Being on a little screen I hadn't noticed. Maybe I used the corduroy preset by mistake ;)

Thanks! Silver EfexPro is a wondrous thing. Just had to do a bit of wrangling to keep the lettering on the sign readable, as it was really in deep shadow.

I had a trial of that before, and it was very good for B&W, must look into getting it again

Back