The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Recently joined the XT-2 club and just been playing around learning the differences to my old X-T1.

This was a quick snap whilst my kids were playing this afternoon, handheld, 270mm, 1/40th and ISO 6400 - I'm loving this camera :):) Autofocus now seems fast enough to keep up with the kids and viewfinder blackout massively reduced - just what I was looking for.

Weekend-15.jpg

One from today I got lucky towards the end of the day when I had 10 mins of some nice clouds.

The Ridgeway by Graham Norton, on Flickr
Graham, this capture is truly exquisite.......... SUBLIME. Get that professionally printed/framed and hung proudly on a wall!!!

The lead in line and colours are simply fab--you--lous!

Regards;
Peter

Graham, this capture is truly exquisite.......... SUBLIME. Get that professionally printed/framed and hung proudly on a wall!!!

The lead in line and colours are simply fab--you--lous!

Regards;
Peter

Cheers Peter hope you get your mojo back soon.

:agree: But I don't know where you got that weather, it was crap here in Botley! :)

It was crap in Abingdon and it was crap when I got to the Ridgeway, the plan was to shoot a an old gate post in B&W but the gate post is that old its now collapsed. When the light improved I was like a kid in a candy shop.
Was nice to meet and have a chat yesterday.

Cheers Peter hope you get your mojo back soon.

It was crap in Abingdon and it was crap when I got to the Ridgeway, the plan was to shoot a an old gate post in B&W but the gate post is that old its now collapsed. When the light improved I was like a kid in a candy shop.
Was nice to meet and have a chat yesterday.

Consider it virtue rewarded, i.e. turning up even when the weather looks rubbish. I'm still waiting for some decent fog in the centre of Oxford after dark. Good to meet you and "talk photography" at rather greater length, even if I did drink a bit too much coffee for making sense :D

Hey chaps. First post in here for a very long while! Got myself the X-T10 and 35mm f/2, loving it so far. Definitely need to get a polariser. What's decent around the £30 mark? Been looking at Kenko smart circular polarising filter 43mm, some reviews state it loses about 2 stops. How does that compare with Hoya etc and the other "non premium" filters?

I'm aware I don't need a circular polariser but it seems hard to find a linear one anyway.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also looking to purchase a couple of spare batteries and a dual charger. Ex-Pro seem well recommended on a few forums including here?

Hey chaps. First post in here for a very long while! Got myself the X-T10 and 35mm f/2, loving it so far. Definitely need to get a polariser. What's decent around the £30 mark? Been looking at Kenko smart circular polarising filter 43mm, some reviews state it loses about 2 stops. How does that compare with Hoya etc and the other "non premium" filters?

I'm aware I don't need a circular polariser but it seems hard to find a linear one anyway.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also looking to purchase a couple of spare batteries and a dual charger. Ex-Pro seem well recommended on a few forums including here?

If i remember correctly a circular polariser is recommended for digital. Linear for film. Something to do with the way the light passes through them.

Yep X Pro are well thought of, particularly the white versions.

Been looking at Kenko smart circular polarising filter 43mm, some reviews state it loses about 2 stops. How does that compare with Hoya etc and the other "non premium" filters?
A polariser will 'loose' 1-3 stops depending on the rotation of the polariser at the point of pressing the shutter, since they are often used in decent light it's not normally an issue.

If i remember correctly a circular polariser is recommended for digital. Linear for film. Something to do with the way the light passes through them.

More to do with AF and/or metering than film/digital. FWIW, a circular polariser will work fine on all but some cameras won't focus/meter correctly with linear pols.

I believe they're recommended for SLRs due to the mirror but seen as linear ones are impossible to find it's not worth derailing my own question :p This link explains though; http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/technical/polarizers.html

How come the white Ex-Pro batteries are more highly regarded? Looking at Amazon the black ones have more reviews and were released more recently?

Anyone have any thoughts on CPL brand, anyway? Kenko are decent right?

Last edited:
I believe they're recommended for SLRs due to the mirror but seen as linear ones are impossible to find it's not worth derailing my own question :p This link explains though; http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/technical/polarizers.html

How come the white Ex-Pro batteries are more highly regarded? Looking at Amazon the black ones have more reviews and were released more recently?

Anyone have any thoughts on CPL brand, anyway? Kenko are decent right?
I have the black Ex-Pro batteries, highly recommended

A few months in and I am still loving the X-T2 and 18-55!

That's good to hear Sir, sounds like a result.(y)

"That's a fine piece of kit you have"

George.

Last edited:
Had a little play yesterday with the X-T2 / 50-140 + 1.4x TC, first time using the TC

Awful lighting, dull and dismal day but wanted to see how the 50-140 performed with the 1.4x TC and more specifically how the X-T2 coped with tracking in poor light.

First image is 1/2000 f2.8 ISO 640

Second image is 1/2000 f4 ISO 6400 so I was really pushing the ISO

EXIF shows 140mm but effectively with the 1.4x TC it's 196mm on both images. I also thought you lost one stop with the 1.4x TC ? It's still showing 2.8 and 4.

Although the second image leaves a lot to be desired the camera tracked remarkably well at dusk, i've lifted the exposure a little, cropped and dehazed a bit.

Not sure what to think really as i'm still learning and never shot fast moving objects in poor light before.

Wizz_Air_Luton by ImageMaker, on Flickr

Easy_Jet_Luton_Dusk by ImageMaker, on Flickr

I little off form but do any of you guys have a 50-230 Mk II in black they fancy parting with?

Could do with a smidge more reach but can't bring myself to go for the excellent 100-400

So the X-T20 won't have a joystick.....but will have a touch screen?

http://www.fujirumors.com/fuji-x-t20-touch-screen/

Interesting, if done well, the touch screen be a better option to having a AF joystick?
The Fuji XT-2 is such a great body, how can Fuji possibly improve it when the XT-3 arrives....... maybe.......

- 24mp Fujifilm sensor for better ISO/DR
- Full multi-touch screen including Menu GUI
- Ground breaking AF and AF-tracking
- 15 fps with 200 shot buffer
- IBIS
- Better EVF and rear LCD screen
- Built in GPS
- Professional Copyright and file naming options

:D

Last edited:
Interesting, if done well, the touch screen be a better option to having a AF joystick?
The Fuji XT-2 is such a great body, how can Fuji possibly improve it when the XT-3 arrives....... maybe.......

- 24mp Fujifilm sensor for better ISO/DR
- Full multi-touch screen including Menu GUI
- Ground breaking AF and AF-tracking
- 15 fps with 200 shot buffer
- IBIS
- Better EVF and rear LCD screen
- Built in GPS
- Professional Copyright and file naming options

:D
I'm a bit wary of touch screens alongside EVFs. Having experienced them before with my nose's penchant for wanderlust ...

I'm a bit wary of touch screens alongside EVFs. Having experienced them before with my nose's penchant for wanderlust ...
Good point, perhaps just have touch screen for menu navigations and image viewing :D

It will be very interesting to see what Fuji can squeeze out of the XT-2 with firmware upgrades over the next 2 years. I suspect we may get a AF system bump like they have been doing with many of their past bodies. :D

Agreed, touchscreens for AF point are a PITA as you always accidentally move the AF point.

As handy as a touch screen would be, I find it a bit sad these days that people expect it for photography gear. It's about as important for still photography as 4K video ...

I thought that, until I started using the 5D4. I miss not having the touch screen on the X-T2 more than I miss not having the tilt screen on the 5D4. Having both would be great when I'm shooting using the rear screen as I can't get my face to the viewfinder.

Back