The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

really strong set of images, great to see interesting viewpoint and comp. got me thinking- never good at this time of day:D

I posted what I thought were a better set of images in the Urban images section but so far there has been no interest. The three I posted here were really some experiments I did as the sun was disappearing yet they seem to have worked.

There is another viewpoint I didn't get to work as my lenses weren't quite right, but I think it should be possible to shoot the Shard through the triangle in shot 1. So, I will be back there to try again soon.

I sold off some gear and finally purchased the 100-400mm which I plan to use for rugby shots and hopefully some wildlife shots. I had a spare hour yesterday so had a quick play with it, tried to take some pictures of birds in flight, disaster ! Lots of pictures of an empty sky and the occasional out of focus wing tip lol It's obviously a lot more difficult than I first thought. I was a bit underwhelmed with the AF speed. Anyone here got this lens on an X-T2 ? Where am I going wrong ? I haven't even tried it with the 1.4 x TC yet as I'm struggling at 400mm !

I got mine from Jessops and I was very pleasantly surprised despite all the bad reports I'd read about them.

I sold off some gear and finally purchased the 100-400mm which I plan to use for rugby shots and hopefully some wildlife shots. I had a spare hour yesterday so had a quick play with it, tried to take some pictures of birds in flight, disaster ! Lots of pictures of an empty sky and the occasional out of focus wing tip lol It's obviously a lot more difficult than I first thought. I was a bit underwhelmed with the AF speed. Anyone here got this lens on an X-T2 ? Where am I going wrong ? I haven't even tried it with the 1.4 x TC yet as I'm struggling at 400mm !
I had similar issues with mine and it doesn't get any easier with the TC. All I can say is practice practice practice. Also, make sure your shutter speed is high

Do you still have it ? And have you mastered it yet ? I think sports photography won't be so much of a challenge with this lens as all the action is taking place within a defined area. My old kit for sports was a canon 7D with the 70-300mm L lens, slightly shorter FL but I managed ok with this combo.

Last edited:
birds in flight, disaster ! Lots of pictures of an empty sky and the occasional out of focus wing tip lol It's obviously a lot more difficult than I first thought. I was a bit underwhelmed with the AF speed. Anyone here got this lens on an X-T2 ? Where am I going wrong ? I haven't even tried it with the 1.4 x TC yet as I'm struggling at 400mm !

On top of the advice above, turning OIS off can help when tracking too - the OIS fights against any panning and makes keeping something in the frame (let alone the focus point!) difficult to say the least! As architectfadi says, keep the shutter speed up to reduce camera shake and don't be afraid to raise the ISO to 3200 if required to get suitable shutter speeds. I also make the AF point bigger (I usually keep it as small as possible to get AF on a point like an eye but to catch a BIF, I find the wider area AF is close enough.) Do the lots of practise thing then practise some more and it will get easier less hard, even with a TC.

Do you still have it ? And have you mastered it yet ? I think sports photography won't be so much of a challenge with this lens as all the action is taking place within a defined area. My old kit for sports was a canon 7D with the 70-300mm L lens, slightly shorter FL but I managed ok with this combo.
Still have, getting better at it but haven't mastered it yet but definitely enjoying it. As you said it is a lot easier with sports and bigger subjects.

Yesterday afternoon I did my first studio shoot of this year:)
I used my Fujinon XF 50-140mm f2.8 R LM OIS WR lens on my X T1 jpg sooc purchased from Chris before xmas for the first time :)
:fuji:

Untitled by Philip Higgins, on Flickr

Last edited:
What a beautiful sight first thing in the morning (y)

You do have the X-T2 in boost mode? Are you getting the first shot in frame, but then the other shots in the burst are missing? This could be due to the EVF blackout, which makes tracking a bit harder. You get used to it the more you shot though.

You can always start off zoomed out a little, then zoom in to 400mm. I don't really shoot bif, but take the odd shot note and then.

Gulls
by jj_glos, on Flickr

Shot a few metal birds with the 100-400 on the X-T1, looking forward to using it on the X-T2 this year.

RIAT 2016 (Friday)
by jj_glos, on Flickr

Won't be to everyone's taste but I was looking for a cheap second body. Just went on the fuji refurb store and picked up a XA2 and the new 16-50 II lens for £190 delivered. Bit different to my XT2 but I've had the XM1 in the past and for the price can't complain.

Would anyone be kind enough to pass me a couple raw photos from an X-T1 please?
If you could send them via WeTransfer to my email (ill send in private message)

Just want to see what the files are like and have a little play with them please?

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I've decided to get the 18mm and have a look if I can sneak in a X100T...If th gf allows it.

Won't be to everyone's taste but I was looking for a cheap second body. Just went on the fuji refurb store and picked up a XA2 and the new 16-50 II lens for £190 delivered. Bit different to my XT2 but I've had the XM1 in the past and for the price can't complain.
Cheap as chips

Was just about to pull the trigger on a refurb xpro2 and they go and release new bodies, so on the 24mp range we now have the xt2, xpro2, xt20 and new x100

Confused.com not sure what to get now but erring towards the xt20 I just wish camera makers would streamline their ranges a little

I picked up another one too :D The lens itself will sell on eBay for nearly £150 :eek: Put a screen protector on it, an old manual focus lens and chuck it in the car!!

Yesterday afternoon I did my first studio shoot of this year:)
I used my Fujinon XF 50-140mm f2.8 R LM OIS WR lens on my X T1 jpg sooc purchased from Chris before xmas for the first time :)
:fuji:

Untitled by Philip Higgins, on Flickr

Like! Nice lens too :)

Wow what a bargain its my most carry every where and used Fuji I simply love it.
I have purchased a screen protecter and viewfinder fold out hood though for those sunny days:)

Like! Nice lens too :)
First time I used the lens even though I purchase last year from the classified Im over the moon with it.
Thanks for looking and taking time to leave a comment (y)

Anyone with a 12mm that would like to share some samples? pretty please ;)

Back