The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

As my 14mm has now fallen out of use with the acquisition of the 10-24mm, it's up for grabs in the classifieds.

Wouldn't be in a rush to part with it if you still intend to do IR photography

That was primarily why I was hanging on to it, but I think I might get a Samyang 12mm again if I finally get round to having the other T1 converted for the extra width.

That was primarily why I was hanging on to it, but I think I might get a Samyang 12mm again if I finally get round to having the other T1 converted for the extra width.

Are you sure??

From http://www.barbano.com/2016/08/infrared-fujifilm-x-pro-1/

I tested on the IR camera the 18mm and really is not usable for the center hotspot, the 14mm and it is absolutely perfect, the Samyang 12mm f 2.0 and is not usable at all. I played also with an old Pentax 50mm 1.4 that is working well and the Hasselblad 80mm that is perfect

And here with images http://www.fujix-forum.com/threads/rokinon-samyang-12mm-f-2-ncs-cs-infrared.51520/

Personally I'd stick with the 14mm as it is unquestionably brilliant with IR

Good afternoon,

First post in this forum.

I recently p/ex'd my X-E1 for an XT-10 (inevitably just before I became aware of the arrival of the XT-20). My intention is to use it as my travel camera, along with the 18-55 I retained from the X-E1 and a newly acquired 10-24, although I find that recently I've been taking it with me on our longer walks, in preference to my D800 (which I love, but it is somewhat on the cumbersome side). And just to prove that I do, most of the time, use it as well as carry it here is a grab shot with the 10-24 from a recent walk around Streatley and the Ridgeway.

Winter Woodland by Iain Buchanan, on Flickr

I look forward to a long association with this camera (unless I succumb to the XT-20) and this forum.

Good afternoon,

I recently p/ex'd my X-E1 for an XT-10 (inevitably just before I became aware of the arrival of the XT-20). My intention is to use it as my travel camera, along with the 18-55 I retained from the X-E1 and a newly acquired 10-24, although I find that recently I've been taking it with me on our longer walks, in preference to my D800 (which I love, but it is somewhat on the cumbersome side). And just to prove that I do, most of the time, use it as well as carry it here is a grab shot with the 10-24 from a recent walk around Streatley and the Ridgeway.

I look forward to a long association with this camera (unless I succumb to the XT-20) and this forum.
Some nice light in that capture.

Good afternoon,

That's nice Sir, with good comp', and well controlled exposure.(y)

George.

I've virtually talked myself into the X-T1 as an upgrade to my X-E1, the focus system alone should be a big upgrade.
As a final decider, the X-T1 with the XF 18-135 on the refurb site, does it come with the lens hood? It's not shown in the photo's?
Thanks

I've virtually talked myself into the X-T1 as an upgrade to my X-E1, the focus system alone should be a big upgrade.
As a final decider, the X-T1 with the XF 18-135 on the refurb site, does it come with the lens hood? It's not shown in the photo's?
Thanks
Yeah it should, my 18-135mm was a Fuji refurb and it came complete. It's a great lens, my favourite travel lens.

Are you sure??

From http://www.barbano.com/2016/08/infrared-fujifilm-x-pro-1/

I tested on the IR camera the 18mm and really is not usable for the center hotspot, the 14mm and it is absolutely perfect, the Samyang 12mm f 2.0 and is not usable at all. I played also with an old Pentax 50mm 1.4 that is working well and the Hasselblad 80mm that is perfect

And here with images http://www.fujix-forum.com/threads/rokinon-samyang-12mm-f-2-ncs-cs-infrared.51520/

Personally I'd stick with the 14mm as it is unquestionably brilliant with IR

Plenty of photos on the net prove otherwise. Hotpsotting is partly filter dependant anyway, so I'm happy to cross that bridge when I get there. Right now cash in the bank is more useful than a lens gathering dust. I'll still have the 18-135mm as an IR mainstay lens.

Very nice Graham! Is this with an ND filter? I can't see how else the exposure could have run to 27 seconds, but the clouds seem to match that time.

Yes Dave it was as far as I can remember it was a 6 stop and a polariser. The lake was very rough and while Im not a great fan of milky water I did want it smoothed out some.

Yes Dave it was as far as I can remember it was a 6 stop and a polariser. The lake was very rough and while Im not a great fan of milky water I did want it smoothed out some.
But of course. I've been working on so many icy pictures lately, I simply assumed the foreground water was frozen! Duh :)

Oh I think I want a 10-24mm :eek: Off to Cuba next week, supremely tempted to hire one. Bought my XT10 and 35/f2 recently, still getting to grips with it. The alternative cheap option someone suggested was a Samyang 12mm but I can't find it anywhere.

Also, I'm having trouble importing the raw files into Lightroom, what do I need to update? I updated Lightroom (apologies I'm at work and can't remember what version to) and Camera RAW. Have I missed something obvious? Thanks.

I agree with Jim. Numbers 2 and 3 are corkers and number 2 in particular would be a stunning long exposure IMO.

Not sure it is stunning, but I had a go at a fake long exposure:

1701_shard_124-Edit-2 by Ian, on Flickr

This takes the average of six identical shots so as the only thing moving is the water it smoothes that out. I also gave the water a dose of negative dehaze, negative clarity and negative sharpness in Lr plus some exposure adjustments. Not perfect but better than the original version. And I can always go back and do a proper long-exposure now I know it looks decent.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of a child dancing with someone who was dressed as a bear and collecting for charity.

X-T1, 23mm F1.4 Lens, 1/350th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Dancing With The Bear-03077 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Just a candid street style shot taken in Canterbury Kent of a child dancing with someone who was dressed as a bear and collecting for charity.

X-T1, 23mm Lens, 1/350th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Dancing With The Bear-03077 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.
Great depth of texture, if that makes sense.

My black X-T1 arrived today with the 18-135mm.

Tried the 18-135mm out, sharp from wide open at all focal lengths (certainly in the majority of the frame). It doesn't feel too big or heavy, but I thought the zoom function was faulty at first as I could only zoom to 100mm with one of my normal twists...purely because I'm not used to rotating a lens zoom ring so far! 18-135mm is an incredible range :eek:

Then I saw the black X-T1 and thought it looked beautiful. Oh no.

Oh I think I want a 10-24mm :eek: Off to Cuba next week, supremely tempted to hire one. Bought my XT10 and 35/f2 recently, still getting to grips with it. The alternative cheap option someone suggested was a Samyang 12mm but I can't find it anywhere.

I love mine. One with the XT-2 and the 10-24

Snowy Crowhole Bottom by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Back