The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

This could be of use to you.
http://fujifilm-x.com/af/en/

I set AF Mode to wide tracking, focus button to continuous, shooting mode to CH, and tweaked the AF-C Custom settings to what I thought appropriate. Centre focus point only.
Two days after release date I went to Oulton park with @Mr Perceptive of this parish. No time to practice, just underwent a bit of RTFM.
Came home with this, that is moving faster than a duck...

Car-#55
by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

I took nearly 1300 shots in the day and kept a small proportion of that. You must accept that there will be wastage.

There are rumours that some guys shoot Formula One with the X-T2 and the 100-400 but I've never seen any results from there.

The ducks I was trying to shoot were pretty fast too you know ;) Great shot BTW

Thanks for the tips. I need to have another go. I'm not familiar yet with the camera and I hate the manuals.

+1 from me! Fantastic image. Have you tried a mono conversion? It seems an obvious possibility and would make the (mild) flare pretty much undetectable too, I would have thought.

Thanks Dave I haven't yet....

Great light, and it's shots like this that actually suit flare, imo.

Cheers Stephen I did give it serious thought about cloning out the flare.

love the image, hate the white background and drop shadow:p I know its a personal thing , but I think it takes away from a great shot. its a strong image that doesn't need a "prop"

Thanks Nik.

Magnificent.

Cheers Brian appreciate it.

"Excellent" shot Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

Very kind of you George.

Nothing special just a candid street style shot taken at Folkestone Kent UK of someone doing a survey and to me it looks like she's On The Prowl.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/350th @ F6.4, ISO-200, Handheld.
On The Prowl-03061 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Works for me a lovely image for me its a combination of her expression and the fact you have caught her right foot in mid stride.

Very kind of you George.

Works for me a lovely image for me its a combination of her expression and the fact you have caught her right foot in mid stride.

Thank you kindly Sir, much appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

I'm the first to admit that when it comes to landscape photography my work leaves a lot to be desired. But this shot that I did in Cornwall when I was last in those parts I thought was reasonably acceptable.

"I've removed this shot from this thread as I mistakenly put it in as being taken on an X-T1 when in fact it wasn't". Sorry For My Mistake. :banghead:

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

Last edited:
I'm the first to admit that when it comes to landscape photography my work leaves a lot to be desired. But this shot that I did in Cornwall when I was last in those parts I thought was reasonably acceptable.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/500th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Cornwall (2)-120050 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
There's a lot going on in this shot when you look closely, from the water, the ripples in the sand, and the figures on the beach. I'd love to see it blown-up large.

Seems your on a mission with your current photography George.... excellent! My work related 12hr nightshifts are getting in the way of my private photographic lifestyle, hmmm not good.

:(

Many thanks for that Sir, much appreciated.(y)

George.

There's a lot going on in this shot when you look closely, from the water, the ripples in the sand, and the figures on the beach. I'd love to see it blown-up large.

Thank you kindly Sir, much appreciated.(y)

George.

So having fixed @mickledore 's computer, been fed by his better half, he suggests we pop down the local cemetery for a bit of night time shooting, tripods, 30 second exposures and with the camera in average metering, we got some great results, not my usual type of venue or image, but interesting never the less.

170216 Liverpool Road Cemetry,Birkdale
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

Strewth mate. You said you wanted to get home to go to bed early. I'll look at mine....if my machine switches on today.

So having fixed @mickledore 's computer, been fed by his better half, he suggests we pop down the local cemetery for a bit of night time shooting, tripods, 30 second exposures and with the camera in average metering, we got some great results, not my usual type of venue or image, but interesting never the less.

170216 Liverpool Road Cemetry,Birkdale
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

"Hey, Francis. Francis? FRANK!!"!"
"Yes, my Lord."
"I can see your house from up here!"

He has inside information!

Brings to mind the acid scene in Easy Rider.

Well this is the first image i've ever taken where i've asked a stranger. I was so nervous i didn't even think of the picture which ended up with a messy background so cropped to square format. The guy has a lovely face and perhaps i will ask him again if in Bristol he runs a stall.

DSCF1213crop.jpg

Update: silver fx seems to have produced some weird halo's on the mans jacket to the left?

Last edited:
Last week I picked up an old iconic British amplifier, very well respected, made/designed by Mr Peter Walker of Quad UK, a Stereo Power Amplifier Quad 303 – made from 1967 to 1985 – 94,000 units sold.

I bought this Quad 303 amplifier last week from a local audio chap via Gumtree, the BEST sounding £150 I've ever spent to be honest.....stunning.

Quad 303 side by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr

Hi All

I'm new to the Fuji game and have XT-10 and the 2 XC lenses,we've just had a baby and am struggling to get decent pics in low light. So keep reaching for the old sony dslr and 35 mm prime, which is a bit beaten up and fails at important moments!

I was tempted with the 35mm f2 but am now wondering if it's worth waiting for the new 50mm or what are peoples views on the 56,60mm primes also thought of chopping in the XC 16-50 and upgrade to the XF 18-55 - lots of options I know but for anyone that's tried to take pictures of newborns/kids what would be your go-to lens.

Cheers,

I'm in the same boat, I use XT1 and i have the 18mm and 35mm f2 lens. The 35mm f2 can definitely do the job but I need to practice my technique and be patient to capture my moment. I think for this situation, the focus speed of the lens is vital.

You might want to keep it wider than 50mm on a cropped sensor. It would be great for tight, close in shots. But as the child starts crawling and then running about, you will want something wider. I think the 18-55 2.8-4 is an ideal lens for your needs. Don't be afraid to pump the ISO to keep your shutter speeds up. These Fuji camera handle ISO noise very well. Maybe set it to auto ISO 200 - 3200 and let the camera worry about that side. Shoot wide open as much as possible. For indoor, really dim conditions I suggest looking at off-cam flash options too.

I have to 27 and I think I could go wider again for chasing kids. I think a 50 would be very difficult.

I have to 27 and I think I could go wider again for chasing kids. I think a 50 would be very difficult.

35mm is abit tight at time, so 50mm definitely challenging on moving kids. 18mm is perfect when I compose the shot, I think i may use manual focus and prefocus the lens and snap away. The AF on my 18mm hunt front and back which focusing so it makes things more challenging.

35mm is abit tight at time, so 50mm definitely challenging on moving kids. 18mm is perfect when I compose the shot, I think i may use manual focus and prefocus the lens and snap away. The AF on my 18mm hunt front and back which focusing so it makes things more challenging.
What AF are you using?

I'm in the same boat, I use XT1 and i have the 18mm and 35mm f2 lens. The 35mm f2 can definitely do the job but I need to practice my technique and be patient to capture my moment. I think for this situation, the focus speed of the lens is vital.

You might want to keep it wider than 50mm on a cropped sensor. It would be great for tight, close in shots. But as the child starts crawling and then running about, you will want something wider. I think the 18-55 2.8-4 is an ideal lens for your needs. Don't be afraid to pump the ISO to keep your shutter speeds up. These Fuji camera handle ISO noise very well. Maybe set it to auto ISO 200 - 3200 and let the camera worry about that side. Shoot wide open as much as possible. For indoor, really dim conditions I suggest looking at off-cam flash options too.

Thanks all at the minute it's more stationary / portrait type pics of him as he's only 7 weeks old hadn't really thought about him being on the move - eek! So will have a look at the 18 and 27 and the 18-55. What's the highest people will push the ISO? Have the i40 flash just need something to get it off camera.At least its the weekend so i can get some pics of him in natural light.

I'm still amazed at the quality of the pics of the Fuji and there's some amazing pics on this thread, hopefully I'll have something worth sharing soon.

Cheers,

On the Xpro1 and XT-1 I don't mind pushing to 3200, sometimes 6400 if surrounding details aren't that important. They clean up pretty good in lightroom. The XT10 should be about the same as the XT-1?

On the Xpro1 and XT-1 I don't mind pushing to 3200, sometimes 6400 if surrounding details aren't that important. They clean up pretty good in lightroom. The XT10 should be about the same as the XT-1?

Yeah Xt10 uses same sensor as XT1 i think, I don't mind 3200-6400 on my XT1. Indoor rubbish light with no flash, i will use auto iso.

Was wondering what min shutter speed do oyu guys set for lens like 18mm and 35mm?

The auto iso will tend to use the min shutter speed first then increase the iso.

Back